• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which month do you predict the next Nintendo Direct to happen? (Direct as The General Direct)

• August

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • September

Votes: 219 76.8%
  • October

Votes: 51 17.9%
  • November

Votes: 11 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
No nonsense 4chan post saying next week
LmmmTFe.jpg

What a sad music list if this were the case, although it's almost certainly fake like 99.9% of 4chan posts
Is Battle (Dragon Quest) supposed to be the one from the first DQ?

Call me crazy but this doesn't seem fighting game appropriate. I would have preferred the one from III:

Or the one from VIII:

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I wasn't the only one.

I don't give two shits about dragon quest (though builders looks great), though I am looking forward to the music despite the composer supposedly being a horrible asshole or something.
Replace "supposedly" with "definitely" and "or something" with "and war crime denier, homophobe, and copyright stranglehold fuck."

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still banking on Nintendo doing a 30 second video at EVO saying the New Content Approaching video is up and Hero arrives this week.

If that July/Summer video was implying Hero is getting released soon, at this point if they want to avoid releasing the same week as another major title, they might as well go for the easy play. They already promoted that the winner of their tournament would go to EVO anyway.

GarudaSmash

Sep 12, 2018
User Banned (3 Days) - Advocating Piracy
In that case, fuck dragon quest. If I play it, I'm pirating it. I can't support a publisher that sticks with a guy like that.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I've stated before that I don't feel comfortable buying that DLC pack or any DQ games if there's any chance that POS will make any profit.

(Shouldn't have to be stated but--- obviously i'm not asserting that those who buy this DLC or any Dragon Quest content of being homophobic.)

Jun 11, 2019
Yeah, I don't begrudge anyone for not wanting to touch the series because of Sugiyama. I was a fan of the series beforehand and honestly the only solace I take is that the man's very old, not trying to be morbid. But uh yeah.

GarudaSmash

Sep 12, 2018

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly with Persona and Dragon Quest in this season pass, I genuinely feel uncomfortable having bought it.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I believed the box theory, and I remember all the people mocking us who did because of fake leaks. Well, in the end official Nintendo material was the one that was correct, who'd have thought?
I think I kinda believed both? I thought the Grinch Leak was so elaborate that I leaned towards real. I felt like one or the other fakes/rumors had to be true.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I believed the box theory, and I remember all the people mocking us who did because of fake leaks. Well, in the end official Nintendo material was the one that was correct, who'd have thought?

The box theory and Kencineroar was what led me to stop going to the speculation thread until the Direct that showed them.
It felt extremely oppressive, much like the Erdrick/Banjo talk in the DLC speculation threads up until E3. Took all the fun out of speculating, cause everything just led back to Kencineroar/box theory talk.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Has there ever been a leak that accurately covered music in the game that wasn't from a datamine or early copy?

I believed the Grinch Leak.

Feels good to finally say it.
A massive percentage of this forum believed in that leak. Those of us who didn't were in the minority. It wasn't until Emily said it was bs that people turned on it.

Thing with the Grinch Leak was that most believed that there was no way someone would go through the sheer amount of effort it took to make that fake leak

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Honestly with Persona and Dragon Quest in this season pass, I genuinely feel uncomfortable having bought it.
No one really knew what they were buying. I probably would've done the same 4-5 years ago when I played games more often.

I also knew this DLC would never have an entire set of characters i'd personally be excited for. Nearly every character i've ever wanted has gotten in.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
In that case, fuck dragon quest. If I play it, I'm pirating it. I can't support a publisher that sticks with a guy like that.
If we're being honest you prrrrobably shouldn't buy Hero either. Since Nintendo would've almost certainly had to pay the big bucks to get the original score from his old, terrible hands. And I'm guessing some amount of money funnels back to him? I'm not actually sure how money is divvied up with stuff like DLC packs...I kind of assume that Sugiyama still gets money per purchase but I guess he might've gotten a flat paycheck? I dunno.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No one really knew what they were buying. I probably would've done the same 4-5 years ago when I played games more often.

I also knew this DLC would never have an entire set of characters i'd personally be excited for. Nearly every character i've ever wanted has gotten in.

I bought the season pass mainly because I simply wanted all the characters/stages. I didn't do it with the 3DS version (partially because I was holding off buying it because I was thinking of getting a Wii U at some point, but it never happened), but this game was a different situation.
I knew it was going to be very possible if not likely that I wouldn't be excited for any of the characters (and so far I'm not at all), but this game is something where I wanted all the significant content for.

The fact we got Persona and Dragon Quest though certainly is iffy to say the least. :/

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Has there ever been a leak that accurately covered music in the game that wasn't from a datamine or early copy?

A massive percentage of this forum believed in that leak. Those of us who didn't were in the minority. It wasn't until Emily said it was bs that people turned on it.

Thing with the Grinch Leak was that most believed that there was no way someone would go through the sheer amount of effort it took to make that fake leak
It's weird because everyone said the exact same thing about omni's rayman fake, and then said they would never believe non gameplay leaks ever again. Then they believe some blurry ass banner fake. Did everyone just forget?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Well, i'm sure glad that I used gold coins to pay for the entirety of the Fighters Pass.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
God, I can't imagine how you and other fans feel.
If it's any consolation, the games themselves (especially XI) go directly against Sugiyama's beliefs regarding LGBTQ+ representation & DQXIS will actually improve things on that front. Even as far back as DQIV, Eliza is bisexual.

This doesn't excuse Sugiyama's disgusting rhetoric, but at least the others on the DQ team feel differently.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird because everyone said the exact same thing about omni's rayman fake, and then said they would never beleive non gameplay leaks ever again. Then they beleive some blurry ass banner fake.
You know. not all those people are the same.

And it's not like you can take every comment seriously. We all say hyperbolic stuff every now and then.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The box theory and Kencineroar was what led me to stop going to the speculation thread until the Direct that showed them.
It felt extremely oppressive, much like the Erdrick/Banjo talk in the DLC speculation threads up until E3. Took all the fun out of speculating, cause everything just led back to Kencineroar/box theory talk.
I mean that's what leaks do. Same with ryu and roy. Let's hope 4 and 5 don't leak.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017

People were very insistent that anyone who didn't believe the Grinch fake was wrong and went to great lengths to make sure you knew it.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

And it's not like you can take every comment seriously. We all say hyperbolic stuff every now and then.
I mean I just didn't get how the logic of the grinch leak worked at all. 5 characters and 2 echoes in one direct after sakurai said they paced reveals wrong, and he said just a few more before k.rool?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like, I've warmed up to characters/series I didn't care for thanks to Smash before. Snake is a prime example of this - I only played Metal Gear Solid 1 back in the day, and never really got into the series. His inclusion in Brawl was like "Huh, ok...? Weird guest character pick." to me, though I could appreciate the box bit in the trailer.
But when Brawl came out and I got my hands onto Snake, he was really fun to play to me and ended up being one of my favourite Brawl newcomers based on that alone, to the point where I'm considering getting his amiibo, even though I don't care much for the character the moveset is attached to. I was genuinely hoping for some way for Sakurai to bring back the moveset even if they couldn't get the rights to Snake back lol.

Joker wasn't that case for me, and from what I've seen I doubt Hero or Banjo are going to be different, but who knows. I really enjoy Mementos, though. I'm sure the characters will play fine, and I don't fault anyone for being excited about Persona/DQ being in Smash, either.
I just wish those games weren't tied to such disgusting people who hate one of the minorities I belong to.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Like, I've warmed up to characters/series I didn't care for thanks to Smash before. Snake is a prime example of this - I only played Metal Gear Solid 1 back in the day, and never really got into the series. His inclusion in Brawl was like "Huh, ok...? Weird guest character pick." to me, though I could appreciate the box bit.
But when Brawl came out and I got my hands onto Snake, he was really fun to play to me and ended up being one of my favourite Brawl newcomers based on that alone, to the point where I'm considering getting his amiibo, even though I don't care much for the character the moveset is attached to. I was genuinely hoping for some way for Sakurai to bring back the moveset even if they couldn't get the rights to Snake back lol.

Joker wasn't that case for me, and from what I've seen I doubt Hero or Banjo are going to be different, but who knows. I'm sure the characters will play fine, and I don't fault anyone for being excited about Persona/DQ being in Smash, either. I really enjoy Mementos, as well.
I just wish those games weren't tied to such disgusting people who hate one of the minorities I belong to.
Unfortunately, Smash Ultimate has been getting caught in one problematic pothole after another (Mr. Game & Watch's racist Native American stereotype......which was at least promptly fixed, the racist stereotypes for certain spirits, Reuben Langdon, Hashino, Sugiyama, etc.).

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As Smash grows and expands, particularly to franchises outside Nintendo itself, it's inevitable that unsavory people start getting roped into the profit sharing. Frankly I'm surprised we made it to 70+ characters without any other obviously heinous people/series being directly involved creatively. (As far as we know, of course... not every shitty person is as public about it as Sugiyama.)

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

I was. Lot of people were. Lot of us fans are just kinda dumb like that.

Hell, stupid-ass me fell for Rayman leak, then fell for Grinch leak, then "fell" all over again for Shinobi's Banjo tease. So batting 1 out of...way more than 3, lol

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It was right though, if people weren't in so much denial over it we'd have been able to have better ways of talking around it but so much of the argument was over whether or not it was real.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately, Smash Ultimate has been getting caught in one problematic pothole after another (Mr. Game & Watch's racist Native American stereotype......which was at least promptly fixed, the racist stereotypes for certain spirits, Reuben Langdon, Hashino, Sugiyama, etc.).

Yeah it's been a rough ride, even though most of these issues have been incidental rather than on purpose. It sucks.

It was right though, if people weren't in so much denial over it we'd have been able to have better ways of talking around it but so much of the argument was over whether or not it was real.

It doesn't matter if it was right or not. It was completely suppressing anything else, and people constantly fired potshots at each other. And the box theory/Kencineroar people were not innocent of this either, calling people who didn't believe in them delusional, idiots, etc.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Like, I've warmed up to characters/series I didn't care for thanks to Smash before. Snake is a prime example of this - I only played Metal Gear Solid 1 back in the day, and never really got into the series. His inclusion in Brawl was like "Huh, ok...? Weird guest character pick." to me, though I could appreciate the box bit in the trailer.

Joker wasn't that case for me, and from what I've seen I doubt Hero or Banjo are going to be different, but who knows. I really enjoy Mementos, though. I'm sure the characters will play fine, and I don't fault anyone for being excited about Persona/DQ being in Smash, either.
Growing up, I was a Sega kid who had some exposure to Nintendo games but I never owned a Nintendo console till the Gamecube. A big reason why I like so many Nintendo franchises and characters has to do with Melee. I've literally never played a Fire Emblem but Roy is one of my favorite characters. In my head, Roy's a Smash character fist who happens to be associated with another series.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Ain't this dude Dante who's not even in the game? Does he do someone else in Ultimate?

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah it's been a rough ride, even though most of these issues have been incidental rather than on purpose.
At the very least, Hashino will be gone from Persona after P5. But with Reuben, he's too deeply ingrained with Capcom as a whole (Capcom regularly using his mo-capping company, Reuben's close friendship with Itsuno, etc.) for his removal to be a realistic possibility. And Sugiyama, while old as hell at this point, has a death-grip on DQ's music rights (thank god his heir-apparent isn't a bigot).

Those I can understand that Nintendo can't do much about them. But the racist spirits being ignored is what sets me off despite my love for the game as a whole.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
The box theory was so annoying. You couldn't discuss anything without someone bringing it up and saying Ken and Incineroar were the last to be revealed.

Which technically wasn't true with Piranha Plant

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least, Hashino will be gone from Persona after P5. But with Reuben, he's too deeply ingrained with Capcom as a while (Capcom regularly using his mo-capping company, Reuben's close friendship with Itsuno, etc.) for his removal to be a realistic possibility. And Sugiyama, while old as hell at this point, has a death-grip on DQ's music rights (thank god his heir-apparent isn't a bigot).

Those I can understand that Nintendo can't do much about them. But the racist spirits being ignored is what sets me off despite my love for the game as a whole.
The spirits were ignored because it was basically only even talked about here.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I believed box theory because it lined up too well with other data points. The Ken image leak, all the Incineroar talk, that we were approaching the very final newcomers after Isabelle, etc.

The Grinch images put me off because no matter how you sliced it, leaving like 7 newcomers for the end (especially when half of them were highly demanded fan favorites) was completely illogical after the game had only shown us 9 newcomers total until that point.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
New thread, new apology for any stupid bullshit I even passively partook in in regards to both denying Kencineroar and all of the toxicity surrounding Grinch Leak. And apologizing in advance since I'm pretty damn sure I'm gonna fuck up again with whatever happens with Fighters 4 and 5.

Fucking Smash hype, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.