• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the character will be called "Lawyer" and Phoenix, Edgeworth, Apollo, and Athena are all alts

inb4 the last two characters are from Atlus and Square-Enix, respectively (Cause both companies think one character ain't enough and they want more of that Smash money).

Anyway, I really hope for an ARMS sequel. Should be more than suffice for Sakurai to put characters from the game in come next installment (Where's Min-Min?). Also hope Astral Chain stands well critically and commercially, cause implementing what amounts to a Marth-Bayonetta-Ice Climber esque character would be very interesting to see.

Phoenix Wright getting in, especially if accompanied by Maya Fey, would lead to jokes that the Lifelight singer has made into Smash, assuming Sam Riegel and Abby Trott reprise their roles.

By the way, fan polls are not the best thing to use to try predicting newcomers. Sakurai and company have a different mindset compared to the fandom's general mindset regarding characters. Yes, we got K Rool and B-K, but who could predict Piranha Plant, Cloud, Joker, and others before they were revealed?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can we talk about Ninja Gaiden again? I'd much rather talk about Ryu Hayabusa anyway, lol.

(Or am I now going to be classified as the Ace Attorney guy around these parts?)

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Ain't nothing wrong with being the Ninja Attorney guy, those are two third party reps worth rallying for the final spots.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Which one is that again?
The one that says the Geno/Chocobo Mii costumes will come with Hero, the Capcom Mii costumes will come back with a Capcom character, and the Bamco Mii costumes will come back with a Bamco character (with a variation that has the Virtua Fighter costumes chunked in with the Bamco costumes if you think the Bamco charcter is from Tekken.) I was just making a dumb joke.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The one that says the Geno/Chocobo Mii costumes will come with Hero, the Capcom Mii costumes will come back with a Capcom character, and the Bamco Mii costumes will come back with a Bamco character (with a variation that has the Virtua Fighter costumes chunked in with the Bamco costumes if you think the Bamco charcter is from Tekken.) I was just making a dumb joke.

Oh right Mii Costume Theory. I thought you were talking about something else.

This is historical revisionism. People were not expecting Ridley or K. Rool up to E3 last year.

Completely untrue! Why, I for one can never even name a single instance of this community ever doubting Banjo's inclusion on the grounds of something silly like "not a Japanese rep" or "irrelevant N64 mascot."

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Are you familiar with the series and its popularity?
Of course. I just don't think a series without a single game on this list is the best choice to be the third Capcom series in Smash Bros. It isn't a big deal, and it doesn't have the overwhelming fan support to usurp that lack of commercial success. I own two Ace Attorney games and have nothing against the series, but I just don't see it coming to Smash anytime soon. Feel free to laugh at me if I'm wrong.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Of course. I just don't think a series without a single game on this list is the best choice to be the third Capcom series in Smash Bros. It just isn't a big deal, and it doesn't have the overwhelming fan support to usurp that lack of commercial success. I own two Ace Attorney games and have nothing against the series, but I just don't see it coming to Smash anytime soon. Feel free to laugh at me if I'm wrong.

I'm fully acknowledging we may not get an Ace Attorney rep. We could get a Resident Evil rep. Or we could not get either of them. We just don't know right now.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Joker is a very welcome newcomer, but I'm still wondering why Nintendo chose him

Pretty easy to determine if you think about it. Atlus has a great relationship with Nintendo. They were likely easy to negotiate with since Sega has already negotiated characters in Smash before, and Persona is the Atlus franchise to pick. It's like how we got Cloud. It doesn't matter that he doesn't have much to do with Nintendo. He was the best choice for a Final Fantasy character.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My brother is playing Judgment these days, and he hasn't looked up anything about it online. He still said it reminds him of Ace Attorney, a game series he has played only a small part of (although he has watched the anime).

An IGN preview article even made this same connection.

All I'm saying is Ace Attorney is a known series, even if it is a relatively small series.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still love you, Weiss. I've wanted Geno since middle school and still do.

You too, buddy.

nfncmZL.png

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fully acknowledging we may not get an Ace Attorney rep. We could get a Resident Evil rep. Or we could not get either of them. We just don't know right now.
Yeah, I'm not saying we're definitely getting a Resident Evil character, or even a Capcom character in general. I'm just pretty confident that we're not getting Phoenix Wright. He'd be the only Smash guest character without a single million-selling game in his series. He's a perfectly valid and logical pick for something like Marvel vs. Capcom where there are dozens of Capcom characters, but he just seems like assist trophy material (at best) for Smash.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
https://tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros._Ultimate#Placeholder_Character_Parameter_Entry

The 30 placeholder slots were removed after 2.0.0, but the 16 in WoL are still there. A different update also made the WoL slots load Mario instead of just crashing the game like they used to. They weren't added at any point, but they had code added to them that just makes them default to Mario.

That's fascinating. I know it's not surefire evidence that we would get few seasons passes but I'm certainly okay with one or two more fighter passes if it's possible for Sakurai and Nintendo.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Bandanna Waddle Dee will get in but he'll be called Megaton Dee and have the Megaton Smash arena as a stage with 12 super star remixes and also he doesnt have a spear, just punches

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess since we're now mortal enemies I should come clean and say One Piece fucking sucks.
I saw this post and was going to butt in, only to discover I am the source of this foolishness.

Brock is a one piece fan so he is top tier
thank you

Remember when Weiss was just a super over emotional Geno kid? Now he's like Brock Jr.
excuse me

I played DOSHIN for you

Status
Not open for further replies.