• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
Now that E3 is over and we now know of Hero/Banjo. Shall we rate our top 5 character reveals?
  1. Banjo-Kazooie - did think this duo was never going to join because they were a hardware competitor's IP. But Microsoft played ball and let them back on Nintendo hardware. Felt like the impossible happened and one of my most requested characters joined. A dream come true.
  2. Sonic - after the revelation that third parties could join the Smash Bros. roster. Nintendo vs Sega was now possible. And I could not have been more excited for Sonic's inclusion too. Probably my most wanted character since Melee.
  3. Solid Snake - didn't really have any attachment to MGS. But this reveal pretty much changed our expectations for every Smash Bros game going forward.
  4. Ridley - felt like he was never happening after being delegated to boss fights for being too big after Brawl and Smash 4. But then that trailer was shown off...
  5. Cloud/Joker - both of them came out of nowhere. Especially with FF7/P5 mainly being on Playstation consoles.
Could not decide between Cloud and Joker. So they share a spot for me

Last edited:

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, that discussion.

I'll fully accept that it might've been off to discuss a banned user like SieteBlanco so long after the fact (though I don't necessarily disagree with what I said; they were in the right place with supporting more female reps but came off as FAR too abrasive to me), and i'll applogise for that (if they're out there reading this for some reason).

Hovever, I didn't really say much about you though; nothing that would imply that I viewed you as "trash, stupid, elitist, etc", not even close. My one specific comment about you was "I don't even remember any of the the stuff that Skips was stanning for. I disagreed with them on the third-party stuff at least"; which I don't really view as offensive in the slightest, and I don't view it as behind your back smacktalk either; I was simply reminicing about the pre-release era a little bit. What I said about Siete? Sure, that was smacktalk. What I said about you? It was hardly a passing comment. The other post I mentioned you in was "There were a few Style Savvy supports, but I think Skips was one of them" which... also doesn't really say anything at all.

To be frank, I don't know why I was signaled out here, when there were far worse jabs (like Brock's). If you somehow misconstrued some of my other posts on that page as relating to you specifically, let me eleviate those concerns:
  • "I mean, a few of the people who had a pity party for Ashley were also stomping on the graves of characters they didn't like (such as Isaac, Shadow and Geno) so I don't know if I should feel bad for anyone really." - I wasn't necessairly talking about Era (or thinking of any specific user) at all here; from my own experience I saw this happening on Twitter and Discord. I can see why you could think this was a subtle jab though.
  • "Honestly, I can't feel bad for the people who hate Cloud and Joker because "muh Nintendo connection!" How do they find fun in life?" - When I type abrasive posts like this that state things with a harsh matter of factness, i'm not being serious. I guess that might be something lost in the translation with text.
and after that my Blanco trash talking begins, which again, I apologise for. Simply put, I wasn't looking down on you at all. I'm honestly pretty cool with the Style Savvy rep idea, and your knowledge and love for the overlooked and obscure Nintendo franchises is enviable. I'd hate to be in the bad books with you since, and while I disagreed with you during Smash discusion (as I said those posts where I supposedly called you " trash, stupid, elitist") that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy your (or Siete's) presence in the threads. If you still see those posts as an attack against you (which I simply don't), then i'll be the bigger person and appologise for those too.
Honestly, surprised me the most to see you there because I don't think I ever had any bad interaction with you. On the contrary even. But when my name is throw around in a conversation and you make generalizations there that look pretty much like trying to describe me in an ironic way (the whole "muh Nintendo" "how do they find fun in life" things), it's almost impossible to not take it badly.

I always thought Blanco was an interesting member that maybe spoke too hard about a few things, but was never malicious and that people reacted too bad to their legit concerns, so this soured me more on reading these posts. Even worse when the person isn't even around to defend themselves.

I didn't name everyone who I saw there because I honestly don't know a few. I also have Brock in ignore since he went too personal once in a discussion, but surprises me that he's still doing this. I thought he was already fine with me.

Anyway, if you really mean you didn't try to do that, it's fine.

I just checked my posts from that time period and I only mentioned you once directly, the other indirectly, both in response to other people and pretty neutral posts overall. [1] [2] I wasn't exactly the one to "bring it up." Any other posts were not referring to you.
This seems pretty much like you're handwaving the fact you literally admitted to, for no reason at all, taking a jab at me in a thread I don't post and mocking me for the stuff I like (other Nintendo series), even though people get so worked up here when someone doesn't like a guest character in this game (and I'm not making this up, Kinsei was active in this community for over a year and got 3 pages of "fuck you" for criticizing the homophobic ties some characters have). I don't get why you reply so much to me in other threads, but I always took it as we just disagreeing a lot and just that, but reading these posts now they don't look neutral at all anymore. I don't even post here, do you really get worked up about the fact I don't like the direction a videogame franchise took?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So... best newcomer roster?

m5lu5W3.jpg

Best newcomer roster.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So... best newcomer roster?

m5lu5W3.jpg

Best newcomer roster.

I dunno, man. Smash 64 had Mario, Pikachu, Link, Kirby, Samus, and more. They even went super obscure and put in some kid named Ness. I couldn't believe all these Nintendo icons were in a game together, lol.

(I actually think Brawl and 4 had better actual roster additions than Ultimate.)

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
This seems pretty much like you're handwaving the fact you literally admitted to, for no reason at all, taking a jab at me in a thread I don't post and mocking me for the stuff I like (other Nintendo series), even though people get so worked up here when someone doesn't like a guest character in this game (and I'm not making this up, Kinsei was active in this community for over a year and got 3 pages of "fuck you" for criticizing the homophobic ties some characters have). I don't get why you reply so much to me in other threads, but I always took it as we just disagreeing a lot and just that, but reading these posts now they don't look neutral at all anymore. I don't even post here, do you really get worked up about the fact I don't like the direction a videogame franchise took?

The "not that subtle" comment was a remark on the fact that Brock was openly being a dick to you, lol. That's it. Definitely not a judgment on your character or opinions. More of a judgment on Brock for deciding to dig up dirt.

The second post was simply me trying to recall your opinions on certain Smash stuff. Also not a judgment. 100% judgment-free. I'm surprised you seem to think I'm taking a jab at you or mocking you. I thought the tone of those posts were pretty neutral (and I wasn't a huge fan of people digging up those old wounds, and probably should have thought better about discussing it at all). I apologize if I gave you any other impression.

I actually really enjoy your posts and interacting with you, even if we disagree (I think I called you "stubborn" once but I meant it in an endearing way). I don't think I've ever even quoted you that much, besides a few Smash discussions (I'll admit sometimes I like poking the bear but only because it can make a fun conversation!). I'm not sure how you perceive it as being "worked up." Any discussion I have on a video game forum is simply because I find it to be a fun and interesting discussion.

Like I said in my earlier edit...the Kinsei stuff is really bad but I don't think that's really just a problem with the "Smash community," per se, as much as frankly this website in general. The overwhelming amount of replies in that thread aren't from regulars in this thread. By the time I even saw the thread, it was locked.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I've been speculating Dragon Quest for Smash ever since the "Square rep" Vergeben business started last year and have been saying Banjo would be in for months, so this does nothing to change my predictions of a Namco and Capcom character.
I've been a supporter of Dragon Quest before VergeBen was even a blip of people's radars, however what I say is still true. The recent talk of a Tekken and Resident Evil rep as a 100% certainty is in complete contrast to the reality we have on our hands.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I always got the impression that Nomura was fairly easy to work with in regards to the whole thing, honestly
He has a rep for being a perfectionist and a control freak. So does Sakurai, I feel like there's a lot of room there for things not going well.

Also Nomura has his own fanservice fighting series (Dissidia) so he may have been more reluctant to give on certain things regarding extra music, stages, costumes, etc.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Honestly, surprised me the most to see you there because I don't think I ever had any bad interaction with you. On the contrary even. But when my name is throw around in a conversation and you make generalizations there that look pretty much like trying to describe me in an ironic way (the whole "muh Nintendo" "how do they find fun in life" things), it's almost impossible to not take it badly.

I always thought Blanco was an interesting member that maybe spoke too hard about a few things, but was never malicious and that people reacted too bad to their legit concerns, so this soured me more on reading these posts. Even worse when the person isn't even around to defend themselves.

I didn't name everyone who I saw there because I honestly don't know a few. I also have Brock in ignore since he went too personal once in a discussion, but surprises me that he's still doing this. I thought he was already fine with me.

Anyway, if you really mean you didn't try to do that, it's fine.
Yeah, I have no qualms against you. I guess I might've let myself go a bit off-base there, due to getting progressively impatient with the pacing of that E3 tournament (that isn't really a valid excuse though). I may disagree with people in these threads, but I have no reason to actively dislike them as people (from the top of my head, I can't recall any of the Smash Era regulars getting to that level).

(I actually think Brawl and 4 had better actual roster additions than Ultimate.)
Honestly, Ultimate has already surprased both of them in my eyes (though, i'll admit that i'm incredibly biased here; i've been spoiled rotten by this game's roster inclusions). Right now, i'd rank the newcomer rosters in this order:

Ulimate > Brawl > Smash 4 > Melee

Ultimate still has two more characters as well, which could give me two more great picks to cement my opinion on it.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "not that subtle" comment was a remark on the fact that Brock was openly being a dick to you, lol. That's it. Definitely not a judgment on your character or opinions. More of a judgment on Brock for deciding to dig up dirt.

The second post was simply me trying to recall your opinions on certain Smash stuff. Also not a judgment. 100% judgment-free. I'm surprised you seem to think I'm taking a jab at you or mocking you. I thought the tone of those posts were pretty neutral (and I wasn't a huge fan of people digging up those old wounds, and probably should have thought better about discussing it at all). I apologize if I gave you any other impression.

I actually really enjoy your posts and interacting with you, even if we disagree (I think I called you "stubborn" once but I meant it in an endearing way). I don't think I've ever even quoted you that much, besides a few Smash discussions (I'll admit sometimes I like poking the bear but only because it can make a fun conversation!). I'm not sure how you perceive it as being "worked up." Any discussion I have on a video game forum is simply because I find it to be a fun and interesting discussion.

Like I said in my earlier edit...the Kinsei stuff is really bad but I don't think that's really just a problem with the "Smash community," per se, as much as frankly this website in general. The overwhelming amount of replies in that thread aren't from regulars in this thread. By the time I even saw the thread, it was locked.
The whole tone of that conversation feels like a bunch of people who got what they want laughing and mocking those who "lost". Like I said, it was a conversation about people that don't even are part of this community anymore. Me for liking Nintendo characters and franchises, Siete for focusing in representation for other demographics + a general mockery of anyone who doesn't like the whole 3rd party fiesta.

Like I said to Mondo, I didn't even see the Brock posts until they told me. Super surprising to me considering I never even replied or talked about him and I thought he didn't want anymore to be overly aggressive after this stuff after he started celebrating the rise of fascism in my country just because it would make me sad. Good to know, I recommend him putting me on ignore if he dislikes me so much.

I also think the whole Kinsei thing is a good example of how defensive a good chunk of the Smash and Nintendo community are towards criticism of any kind. Like I said, the tone aligns with the whole mockery of others not getting what they like that I saw here, but in a worse scale. It's like it's wrong to have a different opinion, wrong to not like things, etc and people take it way too personal.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The reaction to Kinsei's thread is really disheartening. Era tries to advertise itself as a socially progressive forum, but whenever the concerns of minorities get brought up, the shit comes bubbling to the top and women, LGBT+ people and PoC basically are being silenced. There was similar reactions to that thread about PoC characters being represented with Diddy and DK (though that one was a bit less bad).
I'm especially sad that the abuse was so much that Kinsei decided to have their account banned, but given the intense vitriol for raising concerns about the minority group they belong to, I can't blame them. Honestly, that thread is making me think twice about whether I want to keep posting on this forum, myself.

That said, Mekanos is right in one regard for sure: Most of the people who posted in that thread are not part of the speculation threads and OT. In fact, I think a good chunk of people here tend to talk about not feeling particularly comfortable with the inclusion of Persona and DQ because of those things that Kinsei brought up.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I've been a supporter of Dragon Quest before VergeBen was even a blip of people's radars, however what I say is still true. The recent talk of a Tekken and Resident Evil rep as a 100% certainty is in complete contrast to the reality we have on our hands.

If you want to talk about expectations, then wouldn't expecting the unexpected be too expected? Wouldn't it be more unexpected to expect the expected?

Personally I see it like this:

Atlus: Joker is their biggest star by far, arguably even the biggest star left over for Sega as a whole.
Square-Enix: Ditto Dragon Quest.
Microsoft: Banjo-Kazooie is by far the most demanded character in a post-K. Ridley world so they got in over other choices.

Meanwhile Capcom and Namco don't have characters that are overwhelmingly demanded by the Smash community on the level of Banjo-Kazooie so I could see them going the way of Atlus and Square and going to more popular IPs. Or if we're just talking popular IPs in general, I still have Crash and Ninja Gaiden as backpocket predictions.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He has a rep for being a perfectionist and a control freak. So does Sakurai, I feel like there's a lot of room there for things not going well.

Also Nomura has his own fanservice fighting series (Dissidia) so he may have been more reluctant to give on certain things regarding extra music, stages, costumes, etc.
As someone who was working on his own huge crossover (Kingdom Hearts), Nomura empathized with Sakurai and gave him free reign with Cloud. Nomura had no say in the amount of content that was allowed, so that's all on Square.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For the music, it was something to do with Uematsu, right? I've never been exactly sure. As for Cloud lacking an English VA, I'd always heard it was some contractual stuff.

And the spirits? Lol

I do not believe Uematsu is any sort of roadblock for FF music, given that he's composed the Brawl main theme back in the day.

Atlus: Joker is their biggest star by far, arguably even the biggest star left over for Sega as a whole.

Kiryu. Also, most of the Sonic cast are far more popular than Joker.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reaction to Kinsei's thread is really disheartening. Era tries to advertise itself as a socially progressive forum, but whenever the concerns of minorities get brought up, the shit comes bubbling to the top and women, LGBT+ people and PoC basically are being silenced. There was similar reactions to that thread about PoC characters being represented with Diddy and DK (though that one was a bit less bad).
I'm especially sad that the abuse was so much that Kinsei decided to have their account banned, but given the intense vitriol for raising concerns about the minority group they belong to, I can't blame them. Honestly, that thread is making me think twice about whether I want to keep posting on this forum, myself.

That said, Mekanos is right in one regard for sure: Most of the people who posted in that thread are not part of the speculation threads and OT. In fact, I think a good chunk of people here tend to talk about not feeling particularly comfortable with the inclusion of Persona and DQ because of those things that Kinsei brought up.
Well, like I said before, I'm not following these threads anymore since last year. Don't read them, don't post on them, I'm not even in the Smash discord. So I just see it together as an overly defensive Smash/Nintendo community, I really don't know who keeps posting here, I know others have left these threads too and am not familiar with a few other users. If it's really not people from here, then alright, I like a lot of members here and don't want to group them with the people in that thread (actually doing something way worse than character warring), but it's hard to not see it as a whole "no criticism of any kind allowed" when posts I made a year ago are brought up trying to mock me, for things as simple as wanting Ashley, a popular Nintendo character, in this game.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who was working on his own huge crossover (Kingdom Hearts), Nomura empathized with Sakurai and gave him free reign with Cloud. Nomura had no say in the amount of content that was allowed, so that's all on Square.
Who exactly is making these creative decisions at Square? Who regarding FFVII specifically ranks above Nomura and Kitase?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, Ultimate has already surprased both of them in my eyes (though, i'll admit that i'm incredibly biased here; i've been spoiled rotten by this game's roster inclusions). Right now, i'd rank the newcomer rosters in this order:

Ulimate > Brawl > Smash 4 > Melee

Ultimate still has two more characters as well, which could give me two more great picks to cement my opinion on it.

The thing about Brawl's additions were that many of them were rather obvious inclusions who should have been in Melee (and probably would have if time constraints and money weren't an issue).

Diddy Kong? Wario? Pit? Meta Knight (ignoring how broken he actually was)? King Dedede? And then they did some awesome additions that people didn't see coming like Pokémon Trainer (which gave us playable Charizard), and blew our minds with third party additions like Snake and Sonic. (And this is without getting into obvious additions that were added that couldn't have been in Melee like Ike, Lucas, and Olimar.)

Smash 4 was a great mix of fan favorites (like Mega Man), unexpected picks (Robin, Wii Fight Trainer), and a combination of both (Cloud). It had one of the best Pokémon additions in Smash history with Greninja. And we got great additions that really showcase how different games come together in Smash like Pac-Man, Shulk, Ryu, and Bayonetta (ignoring how broken she actually was, lol).

I'm not saying Ultimate hasn't had great additions (particularly with the DLC), but I don't think it's as simple as "we finally got Banjo!!! Best roster update ever!!!" Because Ultimate's roster would be lacking without some of the great additions we've gotten in previous Smash games.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, like I said before, I'm not following these threads anymore since last year. Don't read them, don't post on them, I'm not even in the Smash discord. So I just see it together as an overly defensive Smash/Nintendo community, I really don't know who keeps posting here, I know others have left these threads too and am not familiar with a few other users. If it's really not people from here, then alright, I like a lot of members here and don't want to group them with the people in that thread (actually doing something way worse than character warring), but it's hard to not see it as a whole "no criticism of any kind allowed" when posts I made a year ago are brought up trying to mock me, for things as simple as wanting Ashley, a popular Nintendo character, in this game.

I didn't want to comment on that discussion between you and those other people because it's none of my business, just point out that the people in that thread by Kinsei weren't regulars for the most part. I understand your position as well though, I've found it difficult to engage with the discussions prior to E3 because I don't care for DQ or Banjo-Kazooie, and I was called out on voicing my potential disappointment with those characters as well.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The whole tone of that conversation feels like a bunch of people who got what they want laughing and mocking those who "lost". Like I said, it was a conversation about people that don't even are part of this community anymore. Me for liking Nintendo characters and franchises, Siete for focusing in representation for other demographics + a general mockery of anyone who doesn't like the whole 3rd party fiesta.

Like I said to Mondo, I didn't even see the Brock posts until they told me. Super surprising to me considering I never even replied or talked about him and I thought he didn't want anymore to be overly aggressive after this stuff after he started celebrating the rise of fascism in my country just because it would make me sad. Good to know, I recommend him putting me on ignore if he dislikes me so much.

I also think the whole Kinsei thing is a good example of how defensive a good chunk of the Smash and Nintendo community are towards criticism of any kind. Like I said, the tone aligns with the whole mockery of others not getting what they like that I saw here, but in a worse scale. It's like it's wrong to have a different opinion, wrong to not like things, etc and people take it way too personal.

I think this is a lot of tangents that I am out of the loop on. If Brock really mocked you then fuck him, but before I joined I was only an occasional lurker on this forum (and NeoGAF) so I have no idea who Siete is or what they got mocked for or banned for. Like I said, I wasn't a big fan of the turn that thread took, and really second guessed even joining the conversation, so next time I will listen to my gut on that.

That said, the Kinsei incident is definitely 100% not just a Nintendo/Smash thing. Gamers and nerds, even on a "progressive" site like ResetERA are prone to acting like this. People get really mad when you criticize their shiny expensive toys.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ah, I actually didn't know that, then do we know what exactly the issue actually is then?

Who exactly is making these creative decisions at Square? Who regarding FFVII specifically ranks above Nomura and Kitase?

The executive chairs, probably.
My guess is that they wanted to charge Nintendo to hell and back for adding more FF content and Nintendo was like "nah, son, keep your music and jpgs".
We don't know how much Dragon Quest content there's going to be just yet - we can assume there'll be spirits at least, but the music may be just as as sparse (which also would be good cause fuck Sugiyama). And I would guess that we might be getting more from those games is partially because DQ, speaking globally, is not nearly as big as FF. The same goes for SMRPG which is why we got its playable characters as spirits and Geno as Mii costume back in Smash 4.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Jesus, I hadn't even seen the Kinsei thread. That's really fucking bad. The regulars here (which were none of the drive-by posters getting rightfully banned) generally agree that Sugiyama and the people at Atlus JP that are pushing that shit are in the wrong.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm aware of the irony of this conversation with a Persona 5 icon, by the way. Please forgive me.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Personal attacks against another member, history of antagonistic behavior in similar topics.
I love going on long accusatory rants about how glad I am not to post in the community I already wasn't posting in, too. It's very normal.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
The executive chairs, probably.
My guess is that they wanted to charge Nintendo to hell and back for adding more FF content and Nintendo was like "nah, son, keep your music and jpgs".
We don't know how much Dragon Quest content there's going to be just yet - we can assume there'll be spirits at least, but the music may be just as as sparse (which also would be good cause fuck Sugiyama). And I would guess that we might be getting more from those games is partially because DQ, speaking globally, is not nearly as big as FF. The same goes for SMRPG which is why we got its playable characters as spirits and Geno as Mii costume back in Smash 4.
No, licensing details on content is well below the board's paygrade. These are exactly the sort of decisions that'd be made at the studio head level. Like they are for DQ most likely.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
www.resetera.com

Can we talk about how 40% of the Smash Bros season pass is linked to homophobia?

First we have Joker, the protagonist of Persona 5, a game which has horrible homophobic stereotypes of gay men that repeatedly try to sexually assault a high schooler. This is nothing new for the Persona series either. Persona 3 includes an incredibly transphobic scene while one of your party...
Oh jesus that went to shit fast. Who the hell thinks telling someone to shut up about this kind of stuff a good idea? And some of these other replies I'd expect out of 4chan, not here.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love going on long accusatory rants about how glad I am not to post in the community I already wasn't posting in, too. It's very normal.
I'm literally only here because you started talking about me for no reason at all and someone told me. This may be like my first time replying to you in a year. Nice to see that you're now trying to imply I'm not normal (mental health? lol) and not even tagging me again.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the general reaction to that thread was atrocious. Like, just because you don't want to talk about Sugiyama or Hashino doesn't mean they aren't being hurtful towards the LGBT community.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
like imagine saving your pocket burn account for God knows how long just to burn it by defending the honor of some rotten old sound designer a world's away over DLC characters in Smash Bros

you could have at least saved it to concern troll in a thread with "white males" in the title

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that thread was a mess, but I feel like it would have gone completely differently if it was posted a couple days later rather than 10 minutes after the direct ended. In the immediate aftermath of the direct is when people will be most defensive and least interested in listening. A lot of people probably thought it was a knee jerk reaction thread rather than something Kinsei, and many others, have been thinking about for months.

Jun 11, 2019
www.resetera.com

Can we talk about how 40% of the Smash Bros season pass is linked to homophobia?

First we have Joker, the protagonist of Persona 5, a game which has horrible homophobic stereotypes of gay men that repeatedly try to sexually assault a high schooler. This is nothing new for the Persona series either. Persona 3 includes an incredibly transphobic scene while one of your party...
The reactions in that thread are gross as hell

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Yeah that thread was a mess, but I feel like it would have gone completely differently if it was posted a couple days later rather than 10 minutes after the direct ended. In the immediate aftermath of the direct is when people will be most defensive and least interested in listening. A lot of people probably thought it was a knee jerk reaction thread rather than something Kinsei, and many others, have been thinking about for months.

The kneejerk response was weird because I would think most of the posters here don't care if DQ gets criticized and would be more happy about Banjo (who is relatively speaking getting off scot free here). Sugiyama and Persona 5 have been criticized for homophobia forever but then the thread hit and people just went apeshit.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that thread is hilarious for all the wrong reasons, lol.

Anyways, sorry about those posts about you, Heartskips. This post I made in particular wasn't specifically directed towards you, it was really meant for people in general who think that third party characters should only be exclusively Nintendo related. I saw this mentality from other people way before I first met you, so that's what my mindset was.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The kneejerk response was weird because I would think most of the posters here don't care if DQ gets criticized and would be more happy about Banjo (who is relatively speaking getting off scot free here). Sugiyama and Persona 5 have been criticized for homophobia forever but then the thread hit and people just went apeshit.
I think it's a mistake to assume that those people saw anything more than "PC police complaining about videogames not being PC enough", so the nuance doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.