• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Banjo may very well be in. But believing that he's in 100% is also setting yourself up for disappointment in the event that he's not.
True but I never said he was a hard lock just that as of now there's not much of a reason to think we won't be in.

He's been backed by a very reputable source and has received little to no objections by anyone else in the industry and if anything else has gotten the nod by most people and are willing to trust that this is something worth paying attention to.

He could not be in and this is all a misunderstanding but overall that seems comparatively low compared to taking the rumor at face value considering what it has going for it.

Even then if it ends up being wrong then so well. Least FF7R ended up being such a huge highlight that I can take it a bit easily. Only time I've been so salty over Smash news was the Spring Man Assist Trophy and Rex Mii Costume and that was because of how unexpected it was. At least if Banjo is not in it's back to the status quo

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
I woke up this morning and all of a sudden my gut feeling is that we're all gonna look like fucking clowns and it's gonna be some character that absolutely none of us have discussed and it's legitimately a massive surprise and also disappointment.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Given that we have a few people here believably saying they would want to be surprised, a mere disappointment is not an option. It'd either be controversial or some sort of megaton of wrong.

BlueKoopa

Apr 28, 2019
Indiana
The way I'm approaching it is I don't super care. I'm just glad to have DLC at all! I'd like Banjo for the industry value, but I'm sure whoever gets in tomorrow is someone cool.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
This Direct is going to be a major deciding factor for how the rest of this speculation cycle will go:

we'll be finding out if the other newcomers will get in-engine trailers or animated trailers.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
If the new character isn't Banjo, Steve, or Erdrick then I'll lose my shit. It would be insane no doubt. The character is probably going to be Banjo given the leaks but man I'd be so hyped if it was a character like Joker that no one saw coming

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
HARUKA GOT ANNOUNCED! E3 IS SAVED!

1560245813885.jpg

*As a new SSR in Theater Days

vsabelle

Jun 4, 2019
6 hours friends! The hype cycle has been rough and confusing but I'm looking forward to the next chapter of it.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Haruka, with all her options, getting a sheep based moveset? That sounds like specifically engineered to block Worms. And Sheep. But mostly Worms. Very uncool.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
leakers everywhere start sweating as playtonic's pr gal "leaks" that she is about to come for yo ass if banjo ain't there in 6 hours

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
What do you guys think are the chances of the new dlc character also being released today?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right, yet to fail nonetheless. It's frightening, turns the legs to jelly. I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Is that Chris Scullion in any way credible? Oh well, it's five hours. Not much, waiting will be simply gutwrenching and excruciating.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Banjo would be a great HOLY SHIT THEY DID IT reveal, but at the same time if it's just them I'd be kinda bummed there won't be Dragon Quest now :V

Speculation, what is it good for?!

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Well. Today is the day... Here we guh-huh-go!

I'm heading to work so I'll miss the initial conference. Will look forward to watching it when I get home.. don't know if I can avoid spoiling myself when it drops.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been wondering if the new character is developed enough to have their character trailer ready

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hmmm... when he says "new character", he probably means "multiple new characters", right?

we could still get erdrick

Status
Not open for further replies.