• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2020
Well folks, I'm going into lockdown until the presentation, see you all later. Here's wishing you all some joy in the presentation!

207.gif

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017

Gonna watch all character reveal trailers one last time. Just for memory's sake.

Shame 64 didn't have them though.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
www.resetera.com

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's Final Character of Fighters Pass Vol. 2 Guessing Game!

Yeah, um, Weiss apparently wants whoever explicitly guesses the final character to be in consideration for a tag. The general rules of this thread remain first-party vs. third-party, but if staff will allow it, then I don't see the problem with the particularly accurate guessers getting...

Those of you interested in the first-party vs. third-party bet, please refer to my thread to get updates on all of the current rules. Also refer to the threadmarked posts.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The anticipation is really weighing heavily upon me now

I'm gonna miss all this speculation, but it'll be kinda nice to finally get it over with

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I would like to request that as many people in this thread as are willing message me after or during the presentation to laugh in my face if I'm wrong. It serves two purposes: humbling me, and making sure I don't go into the presentation still expecting my dreams to come true, after I've missed it. I don't need to know who it is, I just want to know if it isn't who I want it to be.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to request that as many people in this thread as are willing message me after or during the presentation to laugh in my face if I'm wrong. It serves two purposes: humbling me, and making sure I don't go into the presentation still expecting my dreams to come true, after I've missed it. I don't need to know who it is, I just want to know if it isn't who I want it to be.
I could never be mean to you except for all those times I was mean to you.

Sebastopa

Apr 27, 2018
I feel emotional... i may have not been very active on this board but i was always watching the threads from time to time, it's hard to believe that all the specualtion is coming to a definitive end. Ultimate was a miracle game and there's a very good chance a roster this big and ambitious will never be replicated.

I wish the best for your personal pick to happen tomorrow, i'm personally rooting for an FPS rep in any capacity, then i can call Ultimate a true celebration of gaming without holding back.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
A character that the Japanese audience may not know of...

IT'S TIME FOR OOF

images

GrandeRampel

Jul 22, 2020
Bari, Italy
Okay, screw it. I will just post before it's actually too late. As a long time lurker I really enjoyed reading you all. And to give something back I will finally come out of my caves and post my final wishes.

My actual most-wanted is Shantae, but she is hard-deconfirmed, so what can you do? But there are still a lot of character I would personally love to see. Sora, Phoenix Wright, Ryu Hayabusa, Crash, Spyro, Rayman, any kind of rep from the remaining major fighing games (as I am a fighting games fan) and then some actually impossible picks like Saber, a LoL rep, or Chell from Portal, or an indie rep (but Mii Fighters are cool. Let's get 6 costumes from various indies).

A major theme of my picks is characters from completely new IPs, because I actually loved how the fighter pass helped to expand the number of cross-overs. Only 3 additional representations vs 8 brand new reps is a good balance so I'm aiming for it most of all. The only thing that would actually disappoint me is a Pokémon or another rep for any other series in Smash. Sorry Zelda, DKC, Kirby and Animal Crossing fans, it's just how I honestly feel. But even if I end up disappointed I won't get mad cause this game already gave me so much, so anything else is just a bonus.

Less than 15 hours. It's time to head to the Final Destination of the Hype Train.

P. S.: I would like to personally compliment that one Haruka Amami fan BGBW for being so tenacious and for believing all this time. As a Love Live fan I should not help the competition, but I started to sincerely hope you get your way (and I mean beyond the hoping for something not represented already) because you managed to stay so loyal and active without coming out as annoying. I guess that's true for the Geno fans too, but I don't want more Mario reps so they will get no sympathy from me. :P

P. P. S.: And also Neoxon I really enjoyed your thread about the anti-blackness of Smash. It really opened my mind and I know it must have sucked to criticize something you love. So for your sake and the sake of everyone else I will pray you also get your way. I'm willing to bend my "no already represented games" rule only for a black person, or at least a person of color.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I always forget there are people who read these threads and see our posts who, like... don't post here. It's like we're all whispering to each other in the corner about Sonic comics and Smash conspiracy theories and thousands of people are eyeing us from across the room wondering what the hell is wrong with us. That being said:
Less than 15 hours. It's time to head to the Final Destination of the Hype Train.
Good luck with your hopes and welcome to the final hours of our long-standing cult!

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
I feel emotional... i may have not been very active on this board but i was always watching the threads from time to time, it's hard to believe that all the specualtion is coming to a definitive end. Ultimate was a miracle game and there's a very good chance a roster this big and ambitious will never be replicated.

I wish the best for your personal pick to happen tomorrow, i'm personally rooting for an FPS rep in any capacity, then i can call Ultimate a true celebration of gaming without holding back.
Thank you, likewise.

Okay, screw it. I will just post before it's actually too late. As a long time lurker I really enjoyed reading you all. And to give something back I will finally come out of my caves and post my final wishes.

My actual most-wanted is Shantae, but she is hard-deconfirmed, so what can you do? But there are still a lot of character I would personally love to see. Sora, Phoenix Wright, Ryu Hayabusa, Crash, Spyro, Rayman, any kind of rep from the remaining major fighing games (as I am a fighting games fan) and then some actually impossible picks like Saber, a LoL rep, or Chell from Portal, or an indie rep (but Mii Fighters are cool. Let's get 6 costumes from various indies).

A major theme of my picks is characters from completely new IPs, because I actually loved how the fighter pass helped to expand the number of cross-overs. Only 3 additional representations vs 8 brand new reps is a good balance so I'm aiming for it most of all. The only thing that would actually disappoint me is a Pokémon or another rep for any other series in Smash. Sorry Zelda, DKC, Kirby and Animal Crossing fans, it's just how I honestly feel. But even if I end up disappointed I won't get mad cause this game already gave me so much, so anything else is just a bonus.

P. S.: I would like to personally compliment that one Haruka Amami fan BGBW for being so tenacious and for believing all this time. As a Love Live fan I should not help the competition, but I started to sincerely hope you get your way (and I mean beyond the hoping for something not represented already) because you managed to stay so loyal and active without coming out as annoying. I guess that's true for the Geno fans too, but I don't want more Mario reps so they will get no sympathy from me. :P

P. P. S.: And also Neoxon I really enjoyed your thread about the anti-blackness of Smash. It really opened my mind and I know it must have sucked to criticize something you love. So for your sake and the sake of everyone else I will pray you also get your way. I'm willing to bend my "no already represented games" rule only for a black person, or at least a person of color.
Hello!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god no, Ninjala is doing an event with Hatsune Miku and they managed to make the characters even uglier than usual

I guess anyone who thought she might slip in as the last character will be extra disappointed

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope all you lurkers learned all you could ever want about Sonic the Hedgehog comics.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

I truly do appreciate the kind words, & I'm glad you enjoyed the journey with us.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO I just remembered the last pre-DLC character revealed for Smash 4 was Duck Hunt.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017

Gonna watch all character reveal trailers one last time. Just for memory's sake.

Shame 64 didn't have them though.

Just noticed that this playlist is missing the 2006 Nintendo World Trailer. I figured people wouldn't remember it since it didn't have much of real news, but it did reveal Fox for Brawl and the Mario Kart stage:

edit:

Screenshot-1803.png

wow this did not pan out as thought

Last edited:

GrandeRampel

Jul 22, 2020
Bari, Italy
I always forget there are people who read these threads and see our posts who, like... don't post here. It's like we're all whispering to each other in the corner about Sonic comics and Smash conspiracy theories and thousands of people are eyeing us from across the room wondering what the hell is wrong with us. That being said:

Good luck with your hopes and welcome to the final hours of our long-standing cult!
Thanks. I guess it's a bit weird and funny. But the really funny part is when despite not posting I get influenced by what you goobers say. I remember bailing with fear from ERA as a whole a few weeks ago the day before the Nintendo Direct because I saw a SPOILER note about a leak for the final character in this thread. And after the direct was over with no character I went back and it wasn't even a fake leak from 4chan. No it was an actual photo of a "leek", or some kind of food with a "clever pun" and i felt stupid for falling for it. -.-

Do you say still say "nice to meet you!" when you actually already "met" the person by spying on them on the internet? Is lurking the same as spying? 9 out of 10 dentists believe so.

It's happening GrandeRampel . Believe it!

Wow, can't believe Sakurai would troll the Goku fans in such a way and put Naruto in Smash. They will be pretty pissed.

I hope all you lurkers learned all you could ever want about Sonic the Hedgehog comics.

Bold of you to assume I wasn't a massive Sonic nerd even before lurking here. In fact here's an hot take: the Archie Comics are so blatantly inferior to the modern IDW comics that it's not even funny. And this has nothing to do with the fact I grew up with the GameCube era Sonic games and Sonic X and everything to do with being objective.

And another hot take from many pages ago, that almost tempted me to come out of my caves back then: RWBY is without a doubt the worst animated show I've ever seen in my life, and that's saying a lot. I still bought every spin-off, cross-over, manga adaptation etc. and will continue doing so because all those great characters deserve way better than being stuck in RWBY. I will freely compare it to how Corrin deserved better than being stuck in Fates.

I truly do appreciate the kind words, & I'm glad you enjoyed the journey with us.

It was a pretty cool journey. <3

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Going back through the Ultimate trailers - remember trying to figure out all of the shadowy silhouettes from the Inkling teaser? Like, to divine who might be returning? And then the next trailer was literally "Everyone Is Here?" Good times.

I've really got nothing riding on tomorrow, so fingers crossed it's someone interesting. My most wanted have pretty much bottomed out at this point:

- Dixie Kong, much as I love her, just isn't DLC material at this point.
- Geno has been Mii'd, and not even as a premium costume! Same for Dovahkiin.
- Jill is trapped in Spirit Hell, even if I'm secretly hoping that was a Heihachi-esque red herring.
- Agumon and Chosen Undead are possible, but two Bamco characters in a row? Doubtful.

At this point I'd be happy to see Sora, because he's one of the last few "missing pieces" to the ultimate gaming crossover, and would be a great way to cap things off. Plus, the music would be bangin'. But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

So like, realistically, there's really no way for me to be disappointed. I mean, we already got Xenoblade! The only step lower is the "Play Now, My Lord!" lady from the Evony ads. I'd be kinda bummed if we ended up with a recent non-Cinderace Pokemon, like Toxtricity or that big brain deer guy, but I feel like the odds of that are REALLY slim.

Just like... 13 hours to go. Almost four years! Wild.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed that this playlist is missing the 2006 Nintendo World Trailer. I figured people wouldn't remember it since it didn't have much of real news, but it did reveal Fox for Brawl and the Mario Kart stage:

edit:

Screenshot-1803.png

wow this did not pan out as thought

All things considered the fact it only got delayed 2 months wasn't THAT bad but damn if it didn't feel like the end of the world (+ a third month for america)

Though it wouldn't surprise me if the December date was itself already an internal delay.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017

Another one people often forget is Snake's solo trailer. While not as hype-inducing as Sonic's, this one was a fun one to wake up to during Japan Time.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Thanks. I guess it's a bit weird and funny. But the really funny part is when despite not posting I get influenced by what you goobers say. I remember bailing with fear from ERA as a whole a few weeks ago the day before the Nintendo Direct because I saw a SPOILER note about a leak for the final character in this thread. And after the direct was over with no character I went back and it wasn't even a fake leak from 4chan. No it was an actual photo of a "leek", or some kind of food with a "clever pun" and i felt stupid for falling for it. -.-
Rule 1 of SmashEra: Spoiler tags are usually gags.
Rule 2 of SmashEra: Hidden Content tags are also usually gags.
Rule 3 of SmashEra: Everything here is a gag.

(Where's your apology for that devious leek, Maximum Spider ?)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah I think that was me.

Bold of you to assume I wasn't a massive Sonic nerd even before lurking here. In fact here's an hot take: the Archie Comics are so blatantly inferior to the modern IDW comics that it's not even funny. And this has nothing to do with the fact I grew up with the GameCube era Sonic games and Sonic X and everything to do with being objective.

And another hot take from many pages ago, that almost tempted me to come out of my caves back then: RWBY is without a doubt the worst animated show I've ever seen in my life, and that's saying a lot. I still bought every spin-off, cross-over, manga adaptation etc. and will continue doing so because all those great characters deserve way better than being stuck in RWBY. I will freely compare it to how Corrin deserved better than being stuck in Fates.
Yeah but the Reboot continuity though.

It's the best of Sonic comics.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man I still can't believe Bayonetta won the Ballot, talk about right moment right place.

Status
Not open for further replies.