• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I bet MondoMega and Weiss report me every time I say Sonic vocal tracks suck.
kDnuKeL.png

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, my analytics data for that one video updated. Haven't ever seen data from this field before:

youtubelgk31.png

I don't get a good feeling from this for some reason.

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
It's time to bring together the best of the best to create the most powerful team.

the_best.png

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
What is a man? A miserable little pile of time wasted playing Smash.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
What is a man? A miserable little pile of time wasted playing Smash.
And Resetera.com hates wasting time - you can tell by the fact that no opportunity is wasted to whine about how Long Game Bad.

Also, I found this the other day and it's interesting - I don't fully agree with all the instrumental choices, and I think it modifies the feel of the original music too much in a lot of places, but it reeeeally makes me wish we'd gotten some form of redone music when they did the Trilogy release, even if it was just something optional to use.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
It's really cool to see how the logo evolved before the final release.

Pokemon_Red_Green_Final_Logo.png
to
Pokemon_Old_Logo_2.png
to
Pokemon_Old_Logo_1.png

Oh wait, wrong order :)

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wonder if they dropped the Capsule Monster name because it was too on the nose about being inspired by Ultraseven's Capsule Kaijuu.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And Resetera.com hates wasting time - you can tell by the fact that no opportunity is wasted to whine about how Long Game Bad.

Also, I found this the other day and it's interesting - I don't fully agree with all the instrumental choices, and I think it modifies the feel of the original music too much in a lot of places, but it reeeeally makes me wish we'd gotten some form of redone music when they did the Trilogy release, even if it was just something optional to use.

I'm gonna listen to these next week and I'll follow up with my takes then

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Played some offline Ultimate recently and it is hard to understate how much more enjoyable the game is without the dogshit netcode/rulesets

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Random-ish musing of the weekend: in revisiting some of the more forgotten Nintendo titles of the switch library, I've come to an epiphany when playing Nintendo's two eezy mode kideo game platformers in close succession...

And that's Kirby Star Allies is genuinely a bit shit, like they tried, they really put work into those visuals, those extra post release characters and it's not like the game lacks the feel of a team who cared (just look at those menus, the little character vignettes, the greatest difficulty selector screen of all time! etc)
But it all doesn't add to much when the act of playing is the most tedious Kirby game I can remember, a cluttered mess of characters just vomiting attacks all over the screen (don't try to avoid them, because you'll get a forced co-op section soon enough) and level design that feels completely tapped out after RTD, TD and PR just explored all this formula had to offer.

Meanwhile Yoshi's Crafted World is gosh darn underrated, for not being quite as good as Woolly World and having an OST that leans more New Island too boot, it gets kinda immediately dismissed as another one of those yoshi games. But as far as eezy platform times go, this game keeps me engaged, the collectathon side still holds up, the stages actually explore the idea of being in a 3D space with some neat autoscrollers, split paths into back and foreground, all while having some really fun asset flip stages that let you see the crafted environments from the other angle and playing a reverse stage at that where you start from the end.
It's good, it's like finally playing the original version of Yoshi's Story before it changed course from linear Island style levels to becoming a strange fruit eating collectathon where you miss half of every stage by actually trying to beat the stage.

Certainly it might be better than Super Mario Sunshine

I can't believe you did this, you even broke character to do so
Wait, what character did I break?

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
I've actually mused about Super Mario Moonshine before, but the joke was that it didn't involve much ethanol, instead it was about vampires and Luigi's Mansion stuff. Odyssey kinda took the winds out of this one, not gonna lie.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Zaion: I Wish You Were Here ended up not being a mecha thing. I first got the impression that it was going to be a dark Henshin Hero series, sort of a Henshin Hero through the framework of a Real Robot series, but it's actually more of a romance. The show doesn't really look good, the action is just sort of there, and it doesn't have the teeth to be really dark, so focusing on the romance part is probably better if you think it's interesting and actually want to enjoy it.

The basic concept is that there's an extraterrestrial virus that turns people into monsters. There's no cure, so the government is trying to keep this under wraps and just fight the monsters. They do have robots, but they're clunky remotely operated drones that fight en masse, and the real meat of the fighting is done by teams of people who are injected with nanomachines to let them transform into armoured superhumans who then punch and kick the monsters into submission. Unfortunately, these superhumans actually don't seem to be all that great so their survival rate is bad, and sometimes the monsters can fuse into large kaijuu-like ones that they don't really have any way to combat. They're also trying to replace them with a new weapon, which is a girl who can be hooked up to what seems to be something like a psychic power amplifier to project a giant being of light.

There's a lot of details regarding virus containment, mutation, immunity and such, so this definitely hits a lot differently today than it would have in 2001.

The romance bit comes from the main character, one of the supersoldiers who is tired of putting his life on the line, and the new weapon who has been raised in isolation for this purpose to begin with. There are some other prominent characters but not a whole lot.

By the way, the Japanese title is just I Wish You Were Here. I don't actually know what Zaion is.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
If there are ions in it, "Za jon" would be Polish for "for an ion", as in "for a few dollars more".

€: But also "to behind an ion", as in "dash behind pillar and take cover", if that makes more sense in context. The "j" is pronounced as usual English "y" here.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Random-ish musing of the weekend: in revisiting some of the more forgotten Nintendo titles of the switch library, I've come to an epiphany when playing Nintendo's two eezy mode kideo game platformers in close succession...

And that's Kirby Star Allies is genuinely a bit shit, like they tried, they really put work into those visuals, those extra post release characters and it's not like the game lacks the feel of a team who cared (just look at those menus, the little character vignettes, the greatest difficulty selector screen of all time! etc)
But it all doesn't add to much when the act of playing is the most tedious Kirby game I can remember, a cluttered mess of characters just vomiting attacks all over the screen (don't try to avoid them, because you'll get a forced co-op section soon enough) and level design that feels completely tapped out after RTD, TD and PR just explored all this formula had to offer.

The Heroes in Another Dimension final world added through updates shows there was more they could do with the formula. It's easily the best designed segment out of any modern Kirby game. Although they'd never really seriously explore it outside of extras like that because the difficulty probably would be considered too high for young kids.

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
They aren't going to explore anything like Heroes in Another Dimension again in the next Kirby game

because it'll be 3D.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently even if I manage to jinx-sabotage the Direct for myself, that would not affect biggest rumour at the moment (XBC3 = RPG). Doesn't sound too fun, but what can I do, give up?

They aren't going to explore anything like Heroes in Another Dimension again in the next Kirby game

because it'll be 3D.
I thought I figured out a way to Calypso this one, but then I realized HAL outcalypso'd myself on the 3DS.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
It's Arle time at last.
I agree with Arle time.
I'm also thinking of other wild surprises Sakurai has in store.
  • Not just Arle, but also Tee as a Tetris rep to pander to those narrow minded puzzle fans "why Puyo Puyo and no Tetris boooooo"
  • An extra character from another, different game. My hopes would be Doom Slayer or Master Chief.
  • Arle gets echo fighters in the form of Ringo and Amitie

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Nightmare scenario: Arle but entirely based on her pre-spinoff gameplay, except for Puyos shielding her in her down special, a counter

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of real life human beings on this forum with discernible characters, I randomly remembered Psycho-Mantis for some reason. I think I first encountered him as a regular in Sales GAF, where I quickly figured out that he was an eternal preteen console warrior. At that point, his username was a typo, which he took so long to fix that I had already assumed it was intentional.

What I specifically remembered was that one time that he posted a take on manga so bad that it's somehow managed to get even worse since it was posted. It looks like what finally brought Mantis down was that he tried to troll by saying that Smash Ultimate was a port, and he wasn't the only one in that thread.

Also, I went to sleep with the hiccups and woke up with the hiccups.

Status
Not open for further replies.