• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nintendo Direct E3 2021 is drawing near; what Smash news are we expecting?

• Challenger Pack 10

Votes: 143 46.6%
  • Challenger Pack 10 + Challenger Pack 11

Votes: 104 33.9%
  • Challenger Pack 10 + Volume 3 announcement

Votes: 30 9.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • None of the above; the wait continues...

Votes: 17 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I have very few characters left that I want...

Toadette (unlikely, though I'd love a Captain Toad/Toadette swatch), Professor Layton (we need some Level-5 love!), Dixie Kong, Porkey (Mother 3).

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah gawd, Farewell, My Turnabout is fantastic.

I can't believe I let Ace Attorney slip out of my fingers for so long. I gotta get Great Ace Attorney and feverishly pray for a 4/5/6 compilation and Investigations.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
man

it'll be a real slap in the cock if Literally Every Game except the Good Edgeworth Game gets to happen for the west

like I know GAA is happening for real, but it still feels surreal

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much all my friends that I got to play Ace Attorney were like "yeah this is great!" with the original game and then drop off the sequel by case 2 or 3 and I'm just there like JUST PLAY CASE 4, IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!

And then half of them instead tried investigations because of the Edgeworth factor despite me repeatedly warning them that it's probably the worst entry of all the games and THEY COULD JUST PLAY CASE 4 OF JFA!

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Investigations 1 has some fun stuff in it but it's the barest definition of a filler game

at least Von Karma gets owned by a 5 year old

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about you, but I'm expecting a full bingo board

6dtoFe4.png

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I am incredibly excited for The Great Ace Attorney, but I just hope that the second one lives up to the hype for me. I thought the first one was underwhelming on its own, so it's a good thing they're being packaged together.

Investigations 1 is very forgettable, but I don't recall thinking it was bad (other than how it draaaaags in the end, jesus christ). It's at least better than Apollo Justice, possibly Dual Destinies too. Maybe I should replay it since I won't remember like any of the contradictions and shit.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Gating Farewell, My Turnabout behind Turnabout Big Top was...maybe not smart.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
i really like that edgeworth's primary gameplay mechanic is having an actual braincell, though

that's pretty funny

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am forced to give Azure Striker Gunvolt some attention because seething tryhard edgelord teenager trying way too hard to be taken seriously is my aesthetique, but I dearly hope the secondary character isn't a giant racist with the ability to fully heal himself whenever he wants with no cost.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
god i can absolutely see devolver doing some cringe vtuber bit this year

I am forced to give Azure Striker Gunvolt some attention because seething tryhard edgelord teenager trying way too hard to be taken seriously is my aesthetique, but I dearly hope the secondary character isn't a giant racist with the ability to fully heal himself whenever he wants with no cost.
wait what's this one alluding to

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Investigations 1 just irks me in many small ways that just add up, they go for an overarching plot that tie the cases together but it's just not at all interesting? and they do that annoying thing that they repeated with AA5 as well where you go through cases out of order in a way that doesn't create intrigue or feel like its filling important gaps, just out of order because why not
Then you've got the overuse of cameos (always a pain in the series as it basically means one less actual suspect so your case has like two options), Gumshoe being flanderised into a straight up dumbass while Edgeworth has to have those edges sanded down in the leading role, cases that cannot bring themselves to a timely or satisfying inclusion and Little Thief is probably the most nonsense concept in the entire series to be used as "evidence" and I legit hate it
....so anyway the sequel is better

I suppose AA5 might be weaker if I ever go back through it again, the fact I never have is kinda telling I guess.

i really like that edgeworth's primary gameplay mechanic is having an actual braincell, though

that's pretty funny
Time for another timeless classic

comic142.png

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Trails? More like trailing my d-

Ah gawd, Farewell, My Turnabout is fantastic.

I can't believe I let Ace Attorney slip out of my fingers for so long. I gotta get Great Ace Attorney and feverishly pray for a 4/5/6 compilation and Investigations.
Good. Play all the games. Do it.

man

it'll be a real slap in the cock if Literally Every Game except the Good Edgeworth Game gets to happen for the west

like I know GAA is happening for real, but it still feels surreal
It's like Mother 3. Even if Capcom are lame and never do it, we still have a pretty great fan translation to fall back on.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
god i can absolutely see devolver doing some cringe vtuber bit this year

wait what's this one alluding to

The giant racist?

Gunvolt 1 had a guy named Copen that was your typical "must destroy the X-Men because Mutants killed my father!" character who became the second protagonist of Gunvolt 2 (and later got his own game). He learns nothing, does not grow, displays only the stockest of sympathetic qualities (he's nice to his little sister), he picks a fight with Gunvolt at the end basically because he's just that much of an asshole, and his extremely fun and frenetic Megaman On Overdrive gameplay is completely gutted by the fact that one of his basic skills is to immediately heal himself to full whenever he wants.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Trails? More like trailing my d-
trails to deez nutz lmao
The giant racist?

Gunvolt 1 had a guy named Copen that was your typical "must destroy the X-Men because Mutants killed my father!" character who became the second protagonist of Gunvolt 2 (and later got his own game). He learns nothing, does not grow, displays only the stockest of sympathetic qualities (he's nice to his little sister), he picks a fight with Gunvolt at the end basically because he's just that much of an asshole, and his extremely fun and frenetic Megaman On Overdrive gameplay is completely gutted by the fact that one of his basic skills is to immediately heal himself to full whenever he wants.
gotcha gotcha

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
the only thing i like about cinderace is the gigantamax since they do the gunbuster pose

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
IntiCreates trying to make Copen cool and tragic after Gunvolt 1 but keeping him a giant racist (with the only attempt at averting that being a half-assed "He got over it" handwave in the non-canon spinoff) will never not be weird as shit to me.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm caught up on all the Marvel films...now for the shows.

Really didn't think Endgame was all that hot. Also Captain Marvel was pretty weak, and then like I felt she was pointless in Endgame as well. God now I feel guilty for agreeing with the weirdo brigade who take that further.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Captain Marvel was all right. My main issue with it was that I identified the villain within his first two lines of dialogue.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never tried the Gunvolt games, but I was a huge fan of MMZ. Probably should give it a try.

They're pretty cool games to play. They're kinda like Score Attack platformers in that the point of the game is to play it as efficiently as possible, and Gunvolt's actual combat mechanics where his gun just tags enemies with needles and then he uses lightning powers to attack from any direction is honestly fun and works well with all the crazy attacks the bosses throw.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
  • Melee focused
  • Throws papers at people
  • Has Zero's three hit combo
  • Has a... I assuming that's a magic cat?
This game is gonna make me play as Virgin Gunvolt in order to play as Chad Kirin, isn't it?
thats what they did in 2 but it will likely only be for one level(unless you want the true ending) but its looks like gunvolt is better to play in this one

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just a new trailer for a far out there smash candidate
This game has no playable Copen, so they gave Copen's dash to Gunvolt. It might actually work to fix Gunvolt's gameplay though.

To be fair, in his spin-off Copen was more mature and had gotten over that. Although it's an alternate timeline so it probably will have no effect in the main series.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
This game has no playable Copen, so they gave Copen's dash to Gunvolt. It might actually work to fix Gunvolt's gameplay though.

To be fair, in his spin-off Copen was more mature and had gotten over that. Although it's an alternate timeline so it probably will have no effect in the main series.
yeah i prefer ix to copen, he no longer hates adepts as ixs in fact he turned lola into one willingly in that timeline he more hates sumeragi, but yeah looks like theres no copen, but also looks like there is no idol mode since gunvolt clearly had 1000 points in the trailer. but they are bringing back lumen.

but yea the new lightning and dash are a great improvement

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

Apparently 4 images is max, but id even take the badge arcade guy, rabbids, Max from Sam and Max over Cinderace. Heck, its the worst of the scorbunny line!
Even within Pokemon there are better rabbit themed characters that aren't Fire Type. Anyway thanks for tuning into my TED talk. Don't email me about Lola Bunnys redesign.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever even happened to the game they were teasing anyway? Not Crazy Galaxy, but the one where Badges were gonna be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.