• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What character's reveal are you expecting to see at E3?

• Dragon Quest Character

Votes: 140 26.4%
  • Banjo

Votes: 291 54.9%
  • Other Character (Not Banjo or Dragon Quest)

Votes: 99 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
luis-miguel-jocson-wooloo-gang.jpg
Don't bring your evil upon Wooloo! And credit the artist source.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So I'm thinking that Banjo would be revealed in the tournament as shadow drop and Edrick will be revealed in E3.

Because Nintendo, bless their heart, when they can't read the room, they really can't read the room. Thus Edrick will be given more attention from them as part of their eternal crusade to make DQ relevant in the West.

Edit: Oh and

1559948114953-png.226526

Weary Bones

Nov 7, 2017
SoCal
A reveal before the tournament begins would be great publicity for the tournament itself. (Get Smash Bros trending everywhere while the tournament is happening)

A double-reveal could mean that we see the 3rd DLC character announced during the Nintendo Direct on Tuesday.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The next Direct opens up without a logo cut. Doom Marine is walking through a derelict valley in Hell. He's dragging the body of an imp, which he drops.
Staring up in the sulfur drenched sky a portal begins forming. Intense shockwaves begin to ripple, as a familiar narration is heard.
"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you will be worse."
Cut back to a shot of Doomguy's legs, among the debris floating through the sky, Mario's hat comes floating down, and a broken Splattershot crashes on the ground. The Camera slowly pans back up on Doomguy, then zooms out to reveal a fire insignia in the sky.

PTwDDdb.gif

"Rip and Smash, until it's done."
Doomguy grabs his shotgun, runs toward the camera.

"DOOM MARINE RAISES HELL"

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm thinking that Banjo would be revealed in the tournament as shadow drop and Edrick will be revealed in E3.

Because Nintendo, bless their heart, when they can't read the room, they really can't read the room. Thus Edrick will be given more attention from them as part of their eternal crusade to make DQ relevant in the West.

Eh, the sooner we see Banjo, the better. Plus being revealed first might mean he gets released earlier.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Edit: Oh and

1559948114953-png.226526
Honestly I think most Smash fans would already be happy with Banjo. I think they could afford to try to do a "shill" pick and get Erdrick more well known before release.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the GameXplain guys mentioned Erdrick possibly being the fourth character to line him up closer to DQXIS' release.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
GameXplain guys did their discussion video and not only did they say confidently that Banjo is coming and will be shadowdropped sometime at E3 (tournament or Direct) but Jon made a prediction that if there is a second character that it would be a Pokemon or some JRPG character. Which leaves somewhat of a window that it could be someone else other than Erdrick

Deleted member 52093

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2019
GameXplain guys did their discussion video and not only did they say confidently that Banjo is coming and will be shadowdropped sometime at E3 (tournament or Direct) but Jon made a prediction that if there is a second character that it would be a Pokemon or some JRPG character. Which leaves somewhat of a window that it could be someone else other than Erdrick
Lloyd Irwing

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GKqdBac.jpg

🤔

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh goody I look forward to continued months of arguing over Dragon Quest.

If we do get two characters and it's non DQ JRPG character I'm interested though.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
If you don't mind my asking, is the GX crew feeling confident/hopeful in Dragon Quest's appearance in Smash if maybe not necessarily at E3?
I think the series is more deserving than most. It's one of the most prominent franchises in Japan but has never quite had that Western push. For instance if Steve gets in then great - but it does nothing for the Minecraft brand.

Smash could do for Dragon Quest what it did for Fire Emblem. I think both Square and Nintendo want that, especially given Nintendo's long history of publishing DQ games. So yeah, I don't think any of us are against it.

Plus DQ tracks rearranged by composers who aren't terrible people? Count me in ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.