• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What character's reveal are you expecting to see at E3?

• Dragon Quest Character

Votes: 140 26.4%
  • Banjo

Votes: 291 54.9%
  • Other Character (Not Banjo or Dragon Quest)

Votes: 99 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
At this point its either a troll move or a genuine belief based on insider info, if he was just speculating he would have clarified after we lost our collective mind.
That or they've found themselves in the difficult position of wanting to post "it was just a joke", but after the huge response they realise that might not go down well.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
also I know people usually post it here when talk about banjo's moveset

B3DnzWU.jpg

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly Joker and Banjo would've made this a fine pass already. I'll still hold out hope for a XC2 character but those 2 would make the DLC worthwhile to me

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
So, in a world where the Rare buyout didn't happen, who would Banjo and Kazooie have replaced in Melee?

My guess is Ice Climbers.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Ice Climbers seems like the obvious one, yeah. Or maybe the clones never happen.
I think Banjo and Kazooie would have been decided from the get go had they been available for Melee, so they would probably have been one of the first newcomers worked on. I think the clones would have pushed another character around, not the bear and bird.

Mar 9, 2018
I can't see Sakurai giving Banjo and Kazooie special moves from the get-go. You will have to find the randomly placed molehills on the stage every match to learn your special moves one by one.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Sakurai mentioned that they were working on 1, 2 and 3 at the same time, so it's entirely possible Banjo is 2 and "Brave"/Erdrick is 3, and we just didn't have any data in the particular spot for Banjo.

If Erdrick isn't announced, his detractors shouldn't start celebrating that he isn't getting in (which is a dumb thing to do anyway) because he very easily could be fighter #3.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Idea for down special:

Quickly tap Down B to use Beak Buster. It doesn't do much damage, but it has a huge amount of knockback and ergo massive kill power. Can also meteor smash airborne opponents.

Smash Down B (like you would with Samus' missiles) to use Bill Drill. It comes out slower, and also doesn't have much knockback, but it deals a considerable amount of damage. Can also break opponents' shields.

How about it?

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sakurai mentioned that they were working on 1, 2 and 3 at the same time, so it's entirely possible Banjo is 2 and "Brave"/Erdrick is 3, and we just didn't have any data in the particular spot for Banjo.

If Erdrick isn't announced, his detractors shouldn't start celebrating that he isn't getting in (which is a dumb thing to do anyway) because he very easily could be fighter #3.
Yeah the only way to get Erdrick off the table is if we get another Square character. At the same time if Banjo is DLC2/Brave then I don't think Erdrick would be teased at the E3 presentation compared to Erdrick being DLC2.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

I guess it's possible, but I would find it very funny if the Smash team hid any references to Banjo but left Erdrick right in the open.

vsabelle

Jun 4, 2019
I'm still thinking they reveal Erdrick before the tournament and he's available later that day, and then reveal Banjo at the end of the E3 direct.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if Sheik would've ever made it in too if they wanted to add in more than a couple of Rare characters.

Given that Sheik's inclusion is intrinsically linked to Zelda, and the transformation gimmick is one of the main reasons they were added, I think that if Zelda had been in Melee in this hypothetical scenario, Sheik would have been too. Question is if the transformation gimmick for Zelda/Sheik would've made the cut had Zelda been introduced in Brawl onwards instead of Melee.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Trailer begins with Banjo sitting in his chair playing on a Game Boy

What's he playing?

Mother flipping Tetris.

"L Block slots in"

gfs_41748_1_4_mid.jpg

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I've given Banjo a hard time in the past I'll be happy for his fans if he really is in.

If that comes to pass then my guesses for the last two characters would probably be Hayabusa and Jill.

Weary Bones

Nov 7, 2017
SoCal

I hope that if he's really in, whatever stage he comes with has Grunty's pestering dialogue boxes popping up from time to time at the top of the screen with her random occasional rhymes

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It's funny to watch this thread do a 180 when Banjo gets even the slightest bit of hope. It's going to be crazy when it's real.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
On the topic of Banjo and nintendo, Has anyone else done something as blatantly antagonistic as gunning down a big Mario effigy like Banjo did in the Nuts & Bolts trailer?
dims

Like I know Sega took some jabs but I don't recall Sonic doing anything this vindictive directly. I wonder if Nintendo cared/remembers this when considering the character lol.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
It honestly still doesn't feel real that I can start up Smash Bros. and play as Ridley or K. Rool if I want to. Banjo's another one of those characters I've spent the past 13 years regarding as an impossible pipe dream. I already know that my brain won't be able to process looking at him as an official Smash Bros. character.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On the topic of Banjo and nintendo, Has anyone else done something as blatantly antagonistic as gunning down a big Mario effigy like Banjo did in the Nuts & Bolts trailer?
dims

Like I know Sega took some jabs but I don't recall Sonic doing anything this vindictive directly. I wonder if Nintendo cared/remembers this when considering the character lol.
Glover and Ty commercials had some blatant potshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.