• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What character's reveal are you expecting to see at E3?

• Dragon Quest Character

Votes: 140 26.4%
  • Banjo

Votes: 291 54.9%
  • Other Character (Not Banjo or Dragon Quest)

Votes: 99 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
D8P9dHZUwAEAcwS

You guys officially got my hopes up, so whether it's true or not here's a drawing that I made because now I'm excited and anxious!

So at least if he doesn't get announced, I felt inspired enough to create something and wanted to share it with you guys.

This is fantastic! I really hope we get Banjo.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But could it have leaked from Microsoft?
It could have, and I figure if any Smash character would leak, it probably isn't from within Nintendo. Liam Robertson tweeted some time ago that leaks basically completely dried up from Nintendo a while ago so no one really has a clear picture of what to expect from them this E3 (a statement that seems supported by Vergeben given that his big E3 post some time ago was completely devoid of Nintendo info). I expect that might change in the coming days of course, but they were really good at least at keeping the Smash Ultimate full reveal under wraps until the final hour, so they might have gotten better now that Smash content is being developed at a much smaller scale.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
She's so unique when it comes to Resident Evil designs, its great! The beret and shoulder pads really tie the whole design together.

A5Aeu5M.jpg
How jarring would it be to go from Banjo and his GUH HUH goofiness to a Resident Evil rep?

Smash Bros is awesome for stuff like that. A silly cartoon bear and bird could be in the same season pass a realistic looking zombie killing soldier

vsabelle

Jun 4, 2019
I've been lurking the Nintendo/Smash threads here for a long time, finally made an account last night, guess I chose the right time to join. I've had a feeling Banjo was gonna make it for the last few weeks and started rooting for him to make it due to the fact that so many people would be happy, and of course the amazing Grant Kirkhope music that I've been binge listening to for the last few days, before that i was really neutral, but today has made me the most excited for Smash Speculation since the Grinch Leak.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I've been lurking the Nintendo/Smash threads here for a long time, finally made an account last night, guess I chose the right time to join. I've had a feeling Banjo was gonna make it for the last few weeks and started rooting for him to make it due to the fact that so many people would be happy, and of course the amazing Grant Kirkhope music that I've been binge listening to for the last few days, before that i was really neutral, but today has made me the most excited for Smash Speculation since the Grinch Leak.
welcome by the way 😃

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
How jarring would it be to go from Banjo and his GUH HUH goofiness to a Resident Evil rep?

Smash Bros is awesome for stuff like that. A silly cartoon bear and bird could be in the same season pass a realistic looking zombie killing soldier
MvC2 was a cartoony interpretation of the character who could be pretty goofy at times.
She's so unique when it comes to Resident Evil designs, its great! The beret and shoulder pads really tie the whole design together.

A5Aeu5M.jpg
It's such an amazing design. Those shoulder pads are iconic! I hate that her more fan-servicy design get so much more attention nowadays.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope this means either a port or remake of banjo because boy I can't wait to see what all this fuss is about.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
What if Banjo with his floaty jumps and goofy bird based attacks are the new Bayonetta for Ultimate?

That would be so ridiculous to watch as freakin' Banjo's goofy mug wins every tournament

We hear this literally every match

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

Welcome to SmashERA!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Banjo moves, Banjo moves...

Neutral Special: Kazooie coughs up/spits out eggs?
Side special: Super-armored invincibility wing dash (the golden feathers)?
Up special: Flying dash (basically Ridley's up special)?
Down special: Ground pound with Kazooie's beak?

Normals can include a mix of punching, rolling, pecking, wing-slapping, swinging the backpack, etc.

Jinjonator for the Final Smash?

Maybe a way to build up a Mumbo Jumbo Meter and transform? The bee was so cute, lol

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
boy, Banjo's gonna have a pretty shitty initial dash speed if they're gonna animate Kazooie popping out of the bag for his sprint

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like it would be a shitty way to trash ResetEra's credibility for no reason.

Anyway, here's hoping this is true because I'd love Banjo & Kazooie to be playable in Smash <3
It's not about trashing Era's credibility.

Frankly, after the Grinch Leak fiasco, Smash fans deserve getting trolled hard at least once.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Why would an admin make a cryptic comment about Banjo being in Smash in a thread about a controller holder and then dip out, ignoring several dozen direct quotes, unless it was meant to be taken as a hint?

Unless I'm mistaken, Shinobi602 has never posted in a Smash thread before. This feels out of character for him, and the tone and language of his post is shockingly reminiscent of how other admins teased Ultimate last March and Ridley last May.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Why would an admin make a cryptic comment about Banjo being in Smash in a thread about a controller holder and then dip out, ignoring several dozen direct quotes, unless it was meant to be taken as a hint?

Unless I'm mistaken, Shinobi602 has never posted in a Smash thread before. This feels out of character for him, and the tone and language of the post is shockingly reminiscent of how other admins teased Ultimate last March and Ridley last May.
Then again, he -is- Newman, the ne'er-do-well mailman from Seinfeld. Also the guy who let the dinos out in Jurassic Park. Can we -really- trust him??

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
If you squint while reading Shinobi's post then it actually says Leon + That Dog are in as a tag team

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
They drank too much whisky, lost all concept of rational thought and now they've fallen into a deep nap?

Donizetty

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Mexico
Welcome!
0bNWEv8.jpg

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018

Normals can include a mix of punching, rolling, pecking, wing-slapping, swinging the backpack, etc.

Maybe a way to build up a Mumbo Jumbo Meter and transform? The bee was so cute, lol
I'd go with something more inventive for the Down Special, like incorporating another type of egg. Maybe Kazooie could drop a clockwork egg from Tooie and it could work kinda like Bowser Jrs Mechakoopas.

The ground pound could just be his dair.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
If you squint while reading Shinobi's post then it actually says Leon + That Dog are in as a tag team
Sakurai gonna go for that RE4 deep cut and make Chopper Mike a playable character. And his victory animation is always him crashing, and the other characters stop clapping and say "He was a good guy, he knew a good bar."

vsabelle

Jun 4, 2019
At this point its either a troll move or a genuine belief based on insider info, if he was just speculating he would have clarified after we lost our collective mind.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

I think Up Special would be Flap Flip
latest

You could do it in mid-air in Banjo-Kazooie if you slid off a platform mid-animation

I think down would be Beak Buster/Bill Drill, the move used depending on how long you hold the button down (like in Banjo-Tooie)
latest

They could probably figure out a way to do inputs so neutral special could be both butt and mouth Egg Firing.
latest

I have no idea what would be a good move for side special. Beak Barge could work, but that seems more like a down or side Smash attack. Beak Bomb seems like the best option, to me, with the duo charging up and then flying forward, basically exactly like Skull Bash, but with less charge. It'd also let them use one of Kazooie's flight moves without allowing for actual flight (obviously)

Status
Not open for further replies.