• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Next DT Subtitle?

• Playing stocks over time

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 3 Stocks remaining

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • To be Continued...

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Amiibo Theory or Bust

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Your Smashing days are coming to an end

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I can Be Your One Winged Angel or Devil

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • The Unknown DLC will Continued

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I might be insane, but I could see Smash Volleyball being its own esport lmao. Its legitimately fun with strats.
I'm surprised Sakurai hadn't made sports-themed modes a thing already. I've seen fans make basketball, soccer (Smash Flash 2), tetherball (Rivals) and volleyball (Akaneia) work in platform fighters now; they're all pretty fun.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised Sakurai hadn't made sports-themed modes a thing already. I've seen fans make basketball, soccer (Smash Flash 2), tetherball (Rivals) and volleyball (Akaneia) work in platform fighters now; they're all pretty fun.
I remember when people tried to make soccer stadiums in Brawl, and they used that cage-looking structure in the Chamber style.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the trend gimmick in pokemon r/s/e could probably come up with better botw2 names than half of these fake leaks

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I gave up on fake Zelda subtitles after "Breath of the Darkness." Nothing can be worse than that.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
hEDsdKd20Ep5bAEJPZnNANKzO_honLIAl8GreVEP7kY.png

Just make a Zelda version and we we could create all the greentexts we want.

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I'm sure at least one fake leak tried to claim a Link's Awakening remake would be called 'The Legend of Zelda: Awakening of Link'.

A reverse Return of Samus / Samus Returns situation.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017

That brings up some issues, but I'd say time frame wise it still makes more sense that baby DK is still DK Jr. That baby there is clearly meant to be the modern Donkey Kong, DK Jr issues aside, which would peg him at 24 years old like Mario. If DK Jr was the father, then that would mean by the time we see him in Donkey Kong 2, he'd be a rather old ape in his 30s or 40s. Hardly a Junior. If Baby DK matured into DK Jr. though, that would make more sense, though gorillas reach maturity at 12, so even if Mario was 18 at the time, DK Jr. at 18, looking the way he does, would be odd.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

not gonna lie, I still love that Yoshi's Island DS confirms that the green Yoshi in the rest of the mainline games isn't the Yoshi from Yoshi's Island

we need Old Man Yoshi to make an appearance (unless he's the chief Yoshi from Paper Mario, which is the deepest lore)

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Any "leak" with Rayman in it is automatically wrong. (Yes, I zoom past everything just to find the Smash bit.)
Wait, I thought that the Rayman's gimmick was that, as Ubisoft character, he would have to leak no matter what. Are we closing the loop now?

After Steve's timing I like where this is going.

sometimes I see people write "Death of the Wild" in complete sincerity
I'm in this post and I like it

Give me BotW of the city named DotW and I will buy it day 1 despite not liking BotW that much.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Ooh! I just realized that with SvC Match of Millennium coming to Switch, is the first time Morrigan will be showing up on the system! (other than the cameo on Ken's stage in Street Fighter Alpha 2); --The Gunbird 2 port doesn't include her, that's still a Dreamcast exclusive.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I got SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters DS for like... a dollar at Sears back in the day. That game was so absolutely busted SNK had to do a recall because you literally could not beat the game. A late game NPC would just never battle you

So that's how I managed to get some random SNK trading cards of characters I didn't know and still don't really know (other than Mai). They included some goodies in the envelope when they returned my cart

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
not gonna lie, I still love that Yoshi's Island DS confirms that the green Yoshi in the rest of the mainline games isn't the Yoshi from Yoshi's Island

we need Old Man Yoshi to make an appearance (unless he's the chief Yoshi from Paper Mario, which is the deepest lore)

Pretty sure any kind of old man Yoshi has been banned by the Mario committee, since they don't want off model chatracters unless there is a great reason for that - just look at Toadsworth, who originated in the main 3d series and even was in NSMB and still got shelved. Toadette probably only escaped because banning the girl Toad would have really bad implications.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... that reminds me. Let's just check.

Ah good, so I can indeed say Haruka has appeared properly on Switch now.

Status
Not open for further replies.