• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Next DT Subtitle?

• Playing stocks over time

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 3 Stocks remaining

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • To be Continued...

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Amiibo Theory or Bust

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Your Smashing days are coming to an end

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I can Be Your One Winged Angel or Devil

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • The Unknown DLC will Continued

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
this is absolutely perfect

we'll have this playing throughout the trailer, it'll be perfect
It's just too bad that we have to wait for Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Endless Waltz before we get the Assist Trophies, like how Trieze will end his attack by connecting to the Internet and tells you how many fighters he's KOed globally since the game was released.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I wonder why Nintendo took down a Among us smash mod. Probably means nothing like that KOS-MOS debacle tho lol

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Nintendo sees the word "mod" and their lawyers enter a preternatural, berserker-like frenzy the likes of which has not been seen in centuries.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Nintendo try to monetize all Let's Plays of their games for a hot minute.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
If they remake Chrono Trigger, they will add more Chrono Cross references and I don't know why anyone would want to subject themselves to that.
That already happened, twice. The PsOne animated ending had a cameo and the ds rerelease added more. The new endgame dungeons have Cross references and the new ending even retcons back in a certain plot point from Cross that was cut during development.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
to be honest I can see Among Us get a mii costume at best
Depends on the turnaround time for Mii costumes I guess.

That already happened, twice. The PsOne animated ending had Luca finding Kid and the ds rerelease added more. The new endgame dungeons have Cross references and the new ending even retcons back in a certain plot point from Cross that was cut during development.
I know. I'm saying a remake would add more.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know I bitched about this yesterday but I'm gonna do it again anyway:

The only new piece of info that comes out of Chrono Trigger DS is that Guile is Magus. Get it, because he was supposed to be Magus originally but they cut that out so they could add in Poshul and Funguy.

Thanks for the $40, sucker.

See Weiss, even mass murderers love Pichu

Sephiroth sees in Pichu the same disgusting evil that motivates him.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

To be fair it was for the best that, in a game that had to have dozens of party members for some reason, one of them not be a popular returning character from the previous game.

Chrono Cross is very hard to argue about because everything I hate about it is something that somebody else loves. The only thing I can ever get everyone to agree on is that there aren't enough Dual/Triple Techs.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
To be fair it was for the best that, in a game that had to have dozens of party members for some reason, one of them not be a popular returning character from the previous game.

Chrono Cross is very hard to argue about because everything I hate about it is something that somebody else loves. The only thing I can ever get everyone to agree on is that there aren't enough Dual/Triple Techs.
true that

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
Sonic 2006 by Christian Whitehead.
This honestly is probably among my most wanted remakes.
Sonic 06 has the potential to be a really good game, it was just rushed and had a horrible story. You take away all the weird havok physics stuff and you could have a pretty good game based off of a not great foundation.
Make a shadow the hedgehog remake that turns the game into doom 2016 Sega you cowards.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I like the part of Chrono Cross where the baby time ghosts finally explain the plot to you moments before you fight the final boss and it's stupid as hell

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
This is the only worthwhile part of Chrono Cross.

60-fort96.jpg

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
New theory: all the Smash mod stuff Nintendo takes down is in legal discussions or at one point was in discussions to happen in Smash.

Someone figure out how to use this to our advantage on figuring out the last 3 of the fighters pass.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
New theory: all the Smash mod stuff Nintendo takes down is in legal discussions or at one point was in discussions to happen in Smash.

Someone figure out how to use this to our advantage on figuring out the last 3 of the fighters pass.
Smash speculation is the only context in which anyone is ever cheering for Nintendo to take something they like down, because it implies that there is maybe a small, infinitesimal speck of a chance that it could hint to the character they want getting into Smash.

I am, of course, above such foolishness because none of the characters I want have been involved in such situations.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Well the big thing is that those two super mario rpg songs that got taken down really didn't lead to Geno getting in. Maybe he was on the table for some time and they decided to scrap him... who knows. As for the other stuff taken down it was a KOS-MOS mod which my friend's buddy even reuploaded and Nintendo didn't strike the remade one... now this Among Us one lol.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Well the big thing is that those two super mario rpg songs that got taken down really didn't lead to Geno getting in. Maybe he was on the table for some time and they decided to scrap him... who knows. As for the other stuff taken down it was a KOS-MOS mod which my friend's buddy even reuploaded and Nintendo didn't strike the remade one... now this Among Us one lol.

Didn't some Banjo-Kazooie songs also get a strike before the SMRPG ones?

Maybe KOS-MOS and Among Us costumes are coming with a BAMCO character like Lloyd.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Didn't some Banjo-Kazooie songs also get a strike before the SMRPG ones?

Maybe KOS-MOS and Among Us costumes are coming with a BAMCO character like Lloyd.

Maybe, but I see the Lloyd costume returning and if it does not come with a new namco character like KOS-MOS or dark souls i'll probably lose hope in Namco getting in this pass.

Dec 30, 2020
Just wanted to say I'm glad folks still get some amusement out of my old Brawl character art.

...if my account had gone through sooner I'd have done a cool, "I will never be a memory!" response, but ah well.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Maybe, but I see the Lloyd costume returning and if it does not come with a new namco character like KOS-MOS or dark souls i'll probably lose hope in Namco getting in this pass.

Lloyd is a weird one. I think there's a chance Nintendo chose him, as looking up Tales earlier I saw it's considered the 3rd biggest RPG behind Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. He's a fan favorite, globally known, and was already in Smash as a costume. However, I could also see them not. His dual swords may be hard to implement with items. He's not super unique or different than other swordfighter characters to make him that much different than ones we have. And he's not that relevant to the series nowadays, unless we get a remake.

But I'm not really feeling the rest of Bamco either. I'm thinking it's Lloyd or bust.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I still feel like they would have held into the Gil costume if Lloyd was coming as a full character.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Seeing Lloyd pull a Roanoro Zoro with the beam sword in his mouth is unironically something I now want to see

Status
Not open for further replies.