• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Next DT Subtitle?

• Playing stocks over time

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 3 Stocks remaining

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • To be Continued...

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Amiibo Theory or Bust

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Your Smashing days are coming to an end

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I can Be Your One Winged Angel or Devil

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • The Unknown DLC will Continued

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
so it's like, you'd need to either fill it out with OCs beyond a base roster, or make it some extracanonical thing like the persona Q games, along with reconciling the stuff between Strikers and Royal (if they can even use Wolf and Sophia, i have no clue lol)
at which point, it doesn't really need to be Persona 5 Arena anymore, and you can just fill the roster out with characters across the series

i unno, it's just a weird situation to me.

In a way it might be like the Persona 1/2 -> 3/4 situation all over again. Persona 5 sold much better than the previous ones, so maybe they think that bringing back older characters from games that sold worse would alienate the Persona 5 audience. I think that's a bad attitude, but at this point it seems to be happening. It probably doesn't help that their one attempt at a crossover with all those games so far, Persona Q2, did pretty badly compared to its predecessor (although the 3ds dying early probably played a big role there).

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about it - Tales of Berseria doesn't have a bad charcter in the bunch which is odd since Tales game usually have one bad charcter in the main party
Honestly, I thought Vesperia's cast was solid until they decided to tack on a new one in the PS3 version.

Symphonia's my favorite Tales game, but even I admit that its roster is a bit bloated.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Why does SoulCalibur VI let me start the game off creating a custom character, and that character can be a green skeleton wielding a rod named Skelebuddy, and this skeleton was affected by the Evil Seed but somehow didn't alter his appearance?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Why does SoulCalibur VI let me start the game off creating a custom character, and that character can be a green skeleton wielding a rod named Skelebuddy, and this skeleton was affected by the Evil Seed but somehow didn't alter his appearance?
You'd think the fact that you outright choose the characters' "race" (including stuff like skeletons, mummies, lizardmen, malfested), rather than it just being done through underwear equipment like in SC5 would affect the dialogue, but it seems completely unrelated to anything aside from visuals.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
In a way it might be like the Persona 1/2 -> 3/4 situation all over again. Persona 5 sold much better than the previous ones, so maybe they think that bringing back older characters from games that sold worse would alienate the Persona 5 audience. I think that's a bad attitude, but at this point it seems to be happening. It probably doesn't help that their one attempt at a crossover with all those games so far, Persona Q2, did pretty badly compared to its predecessor (although the 3ds dying early probably played a big role there).

So what you're saying is that we're going to have to start the "Persona started with Persona 5" jokes? I agree lol

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Elize from Xillia is the best JRPG child character, because her character arc is what an actual child will in her situation will go through.

Unlike Karol or Anise who has adult responsibilities for some reason.

It helps that she projects her annoying traits onto Teepo. And you can throttle that beanbag
Teepo also gave us this.
t6fEzjn.gif

g1KftgE.gif

Dbjsz5u.gif

GCB5vQ5.gif

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
it's one of those odd things to me where it's like
Atlus seems really reticent about referencing any older persona characters at all in context to persona 5, barring the singular off-hand reference to Rise, compared to the more thorough allusions with P3 and P4 (i don't expect them to ever bring up that Mitsuru and Nanjo are related again tho -sob-)

so it's like, you'd need to either fill it out with OCs beyond a base roster, or make it some extracanonical thing like the persona Q games, along with reconciling the stuff between Strikers and Royal (if they can even use Wolf and Sophia, i have no clue lol)
at which point, it doesn't really need to be Persona 5 Arena anymore, and you can just fill the roster out with characters across the series

i unno, it's just a weird situation to me.
Wait, KT have partial rights over Wolf & Sophie? I know they're mentioned in the copyrights, but didn't Atlus design them?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You'd think the fact that you outright choose the characters' "race" (including stuff like skeletons, mummies, lizardmen, malfested), rather than it just being done through underwear equipment like in SC5 would affect the dialogue, but it seems completely unrelated to anything aside from visuals.
The worst part is that I can't give my Skelebuddy clothes or a wig. What if Skelebuddy never lost his hair as part of his curse? I can't cosplay as Brook from One Piece!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
KT owns the OCs for Hyrule Warriors and FE Warriors, so it's not unprecedented
KT only have partial ownership of the OCs from FEW onwards (as well as I believe any HW/FEW-specific designs for existing characters, such as AoC Impa). I recall hearing that they full control over the HW1 OCs, but I could be mistaken. So if it's another FEW situation, Atlus would need KT's approval to use Wolf & Sophie in anything else (same for any P5S tracks).

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
it's one of those odd things to me where it's like
Atlus seems really reticent about referencing any older persona characters at all in context to persona 5, barring the singular off-hand reference to Rise, compared to the more thorough allusions with P3 and P4 (i don't expect them to ever bring up that Mitsuru and Nanjo are related again tho -sob-)

Didn't Katsuya get a shout-out in P5?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Would they though? Seems kind of weird to have ownership of a character designed for a spinoff to go to the developer instead of the franchise owner.
I feel like we can just say "Geno" or "Super Mario RPG" and be done with that conversation, but I guess at this point we expect situations like that to stop happening.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For me half the appeal of a potential P5A is seeing (grown up versions of) the P3 and P4 cast go up against and interact with the P5 cast. Making a P5A P5 only would be pretty disappointing.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For me half the appeal of a potential P5A is seeing (grown up versions of) the P3 and P4 cast go up against and interact with the P5 cast. Making a P5A P5 only would be pretty disappointing.

Well yeah....

But that would involve Atlus or otakus be willing to see the P3 girls be around 30.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
The best way to do a P5A is one that Atlus would never even remotely consider doing and

setting it after the bad ending where the Phantom Thieves take Yaldabaoth's deal and become villains.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The best way to do a P5A is one that Atlus would never even remotely consider doing and

setting it after the bad ending where the Phantom Thieves take Yaldabaoth's deal and become villains.

I thought the implication was that only Joker took the deal and everyone else were stuck in the Velvet Room forever.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Ended up getting Crash 4, Age of Calamity, and a Magolor plushie for Christmas

Haven't started either of those games yet though because (1) I've been playing Smash with my cousin that I don't get to see very often and (2) I also got an eShop card and decided to give Dicey Dungeons a go, and wow, that game is dope. Would highly recommend.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that Tales of Xillia 2 has a secret hot springs fully animated scene where all the male characters DIE for their perverted deeds is peak anime bullshit. How do you top that?

Last edited:

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Is this game dead? It's taking like 30+ seconds to find a new opponent and it's often against the same dude I've been beating

It's 2pm on a Saturday after a holiday, surely there must be more than one other person playing on the West Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.