• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Next DT Subtitle?

• Playing stocks over time

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 3 Stocks remaining

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • To be Continued...

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Amiibo Theory or Bust

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Your Smashing days are coming to an end

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I can Be Your One Winged Angel or Devil

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • The Unknown DLC will Continued

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Playing the new Spirit Board and seeing the Miis actually use custom face designs makes some of the previous Spirit battles a tad more disappointing.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on what alts they get.
D5c5MN8UcAcctCx
Guy Kazama for Smash.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Gran and Djeeta look generic in their base class but the whole point of them is that they can change jobs and they have a huge variety of designs and personality in those.
Of course, Versus chose to ignore that in favor of generic shotoclones for whatever reason...

Aside from the Granblue game itself, basically only the Djeeta anime specials (and her Princess Connect version) seem to acknowledge their class changing. Cygames seems to think that it's goofy out of gameplay context, so they don't seem to associate Gran with it. And then when Djeeta is added alongside Gran in stuff like Vs she also doesn't get it because she's meant to mirror Gran rather than being a completely different character type.

Last edited:

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wish I could get it on my phone without having to make a Japanese IOS account but I'll give credit that it looks pretty simple to use the browser version.

Might dig into it more later.

Renmazuo

Dec 26, 2019
Aside from the Granblue game itself, basically only the Djeeta anime specials (and her Princess Connect version) seem to acknowledge their class changing. Cygames seems to think that it's goofy out of gameplay context, so they don't seem to associate Gran with it. And then when Djeeta is added alongside Gran in stuff like Vs she also doesn't get it because she's meant to mirror Gran rather than being a completely different character type.
Okay but if by some miracle they got into Smash I have a hard time believing Sakurai wouldn't incorporate job changing since that's basically their "thing" in the actual game.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Playing the new Spirit Board and seeing the Miis actually use custom face designs makes some of the previous Spirit battles a tad more disappointing.

That's only if you bought the costumes though.

I'd be interested to see how the battles work if you didn't buy them. I assume Barret would be Mega Man, Tifa would be ZSS, and Aerith would be Zelda.

Also, am I allowed to be offended that they did my boy Cid dirty and made him a Novice level spirit? Even Yuffie became Advanced level! YUFFIE!!!

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
The only FF Spirit Battle to really give me trouble was Bahamut ZERO. Jesus Christ, Ridley destroyed me.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017

I'd be interested to see how the battles work if you didn't buy them. I assume Barret would be Mega Man, Tifa would be ZSS, and Aerith would be Zelda.

Also, am I allowed to be offended that they did my boy Cid dirty and made him a Novice level spirit? Even Yuffie became Advanced level! YUFFIE!!!

If you don't buy the costumes, Barret and Tifa are still Miis (Aerith is Zelda) and they are still customized to look like Tifa and Barret, using base game parts, but deliberately designed Miis. The Turks are also deliberately customized. I think it's just that some of the older Mii spirit fights (I think Lip and Ashley in particular) used the default Miis outside of the costume parts.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

No, the generic miis also use different faces (& skintone, for baret) if you dont buy the costumes.

By the way did anyone else forget this game had labo vr mode

jtmmachine

Nov 2, 2020
So I was curious and checked and, counting all forms of representation including Mii costumes, Spirits, music, etc., the statistically worst-repped third-party franchise in Smash is now Banjo & Kazooie.

Banjo-Kazooie required an unprecedented amount of work for DLC modernizing its N64-rooted content, including 7 music remixes, all its stage cameos and possibly the entire Spiral Mountain stage where everyone else could get away with at least some model reusage.

The Banjo spirits really wanted to use only the Ultimate renders for some reason outside of B-K themselves and Mumbo, that probably impacted the amount they could include.

Last edited:

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
For fun, lets rank each major publisher in terms of how much of each content type they've contributed to Ultimate!

Fighters:
  • 1st: 3 unique
    • Sega (Sonic, Bayonetta, Joker)
    • Square Enix (Cloud, Sephiroth, Hero)
  • 3rd: 2 unique, 1 echo
    • Capcom (Mega Man, Ryu, Ken)
    • Konami (Snake, Simon, Richter)
  • 5th: 2 unique
    • Microsoft (Banjo & Kazooie, Steve)
  • Last: 1 unique
    • Bandai Namco (Pac-Man)
    • SNK (Terry)
Stages:
  • 1st: 4 stages
    • Sega (Green Hill Zone, Windy Hill Zone, Umbra Clock Tower, Mementos)
  • 2nd: 3 stages
    • Square Enix (Midgar, Yggdrasil's Altar, Northern Crater)
  • 3rd: 2 stages
    • Konami (Shadow Moses Island, Dracua's Castle)
    • Capcom (Wily Castle, Suzaku Castle)
    • Microsoft (Spiral Mountain)
  • Last: 1 stage
    • Bandai Namco (Pac-Land)
    • SNK (King of Fighter Stadium)
Assist Trophies + Bosses:
  • 1st: 4 assist trophies + bosses
    • Sega (Shadow, Knuckles, Rodin, Akira)
    • Konami (Grey Fox, Bomberman, Alucard, Dracula)
    • Capcom (Wily Machine, Zero, Guile, Rathalos)
  • Last: 1 assist trophy
    • Bandai Namco (Ghosts)
Items:
  • 1st: 2 items
    • Bandai Namco (Boss Galaga, Special Flag)
  • Last: 1 item
    • Konami (Death's Scythe)
Mii Costumes:
  • 1st: 9 costumes
    • Square Enix (Veronica, Erdrick, Martial Artist, Slime, Barret, Tifa, Aerith, Chocobo, Geno)
  • 2nd: 8 costumes
    • Sega (Persona 3 Protagonist, Persona 4 Protagonist, Teddy, Morgana, Tails, Knuckles, Akira, Jacky)
  • 3rd: 4 costumes
    • Capcom (Proto Man, X, Zero, Mega Man.EXE)
  • 3th: 3 costumes
    • SNK (Ryo, Nakoruru, Iori)
    • Microsoft (Creeper, Pig, Diamond Armor)
  • Last: 2 costumes
    • Konami (Goemon, Bomberman)
    • Bandai Namco (Heihachi, Gil)
Music Tracks:
  • 1st: Capcom (71 music tracks)
  • 2nd: SNK (50 music tracks)
  • 3rd: Konami (55 music tracks)
  • 4th: Sega (52 music tracks)
  • 5th: Square Enix (19 music tracks)
  • 6th: Microsoft (17 music tracks)
  • Last: Bandai Namco (11 music tracks)
Spirits:
  • 1st: Capcom (89 spirits)
  • 2nd: Sega / Konami (56 spirits)
  • 4th: Square Enix (39 spirits)
  • 5th: Microsoft (20 spirits)
  • 6th: SNK (12 spirits)
  • Last: Bandai Namco (6 spirits)
Everyone should be striving to improve in the items department, really.

Neat post, but two things:

1. you left out Minecraft World for Microsoft in the Stages list lol
2. I know it was after the fact, but personally I'd put down Vault Boy as the fourth Microsoft Mii outfit

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Banjo kinda got gimped on spirits and Mii outfits.

The spirit issue is more understandable because Rare didn't make that many renders of the characters during the N64 era and they probably wanted to keep N&B references to a minimum, but it still makes very irrationally mad that Banjo's the only third party to not come with accompanying themed Mii outfits, especially since Steve got some. It sucks because Mumbo could of so easily worked as a "premium" Swordfighter outfit.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Just curious, if Imran said that Sephiroth was cheaper than he usually is because of something not related to Hero.

Does that mean that we might get some other Square content ?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Would of had more impact with a recreation of One Winged Angel done through SMRPG soundfonts
In the follow up tweet
So two things about this (and only view this part AFTER the video). These are things I cannot do myself: 1. I have no idea how to edit attacks, moves, and other battle params. 2. Music has to be made IN the mod program (LazyShell). "you can only modify the audio samples"

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Just curious, if Imran said that Sephiroth was cheaper than he usually is because of something not related to Hero.

Does that mean that we might get some other Square content ?
Could be something like hey, having Sephiroth would probably tie in nicely to FF7R, lets lower the price to make it more enticing.

Or just very aggressive negotiations

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
A Miriam costume for Simon... but she still sounds like Simon?

We've had alt colors with different voice lines for awhile now, and this is something they think would happen? Uhh... okay

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Capture.png

When are they gonna announce my Smash rhythm game jfc

this is one of the weirdest fake leaks I've ever seen

like it follows the structure of one of those "gradually gets more absurd" joke leaks but it doesn't really have a punchline so it just kinda lingers in the brain, I do not like this

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
Man that Imran stuff was a wild read. Really Hope this means Dante has a shot now, if I'm infering what everyone in the thread was talking about.

Have there been any interesting finds in the code of the newest update?

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Man that Imran stuff was a wild read. Really Hope this means Dante has a shot now, if I'm infering what everyone in the thread was talking about.

Have there been any interesting finds in the code of the newest update?
two events were skipped in the internal numbering but that's really it

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
Are people still believing that Crash in Smash leak from a while ago, wasn't following how that whole thing panned out?

Status
Not open for further replies.