• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Next DT Subtitle?

• Playing stocks over time

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 3 Stocks remaining

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • To be Continued...

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Amiibo Theory or Bust

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Your Smashing days are coming to an end

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I can Be Your One Winged Angel or Devil

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • The Unknown DLC will Continued

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Which makes it more weird that they are reluctant to bring more of their games to the Switch.
what else do they have to bring that's going to run on the Switch? Their new Soulcalibur and Tekken are probably not going to work on the hardware, at least to a level their players would want, and I'm skeptical that there's much demand for the older ones

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Bandai Namco just doesn't have many franchises worth putting in Smash. Dark Souls? Tekken? Tales of? Meh.
KmL3L75_d.webp

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Since we have Green Hill and Windy Hill for Classic era and Modern era respectively, let's get Egg Carrier for the Dreamcast era.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
what else do they have to bring that's going to run on the Switch? Their new Soulcalibur and Tekken are probably not going to work on the hardware, at least to a level their players would want, and I'm skeptical that there's much demand for the older ones
That new game that looks like Astral Chain could run on Switch, if they really wanted it.

jtmmachine

Nov 2, 2020
Here's an interesting question: what would Eggman's Final Smash be?

I ask because there's a lot of directions they could go in. The Death Egg Robot, the Death Egg itself, the Egg Carrier, the Egg Dragoon, even something like a cinematic involving Perfect Chaos.

With Ultimate's love of villains firing giant lasers, I think it'd be something like

Eggman using the Big Arm mech from Sonic 3 to uppercut opponents to the moon, where the Death Egg or Space Colony ARK fires a laser which blows it up

Don't ask how this would work on Luigi's Mansion.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sure would be nice if SEGA got another fighter before the end of their 60th anniversary and perhaps it was from one of their oldest ongoing series, with the latest iteration coming next year with a NIntendo Switch release.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I see a lot of people putting their vote for Egg Carrier but the more I think about it the more I would adore Egg Fleet. Heroes is the series' first time going full multi plat so that counts for something and having all sorts of Eggman ships in the background moving around would be cool. Plus it has probably one of the most raw intros for a level

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
With Sephiroth opening the door to secondary characters in existing franchises, I thought I should bring this back for the main two candidates I've seen discussed the most. I've also added a new song for each of them, changed one of the SF spirits, & changed Eggman's stage.

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'll throw in my hat with Egg Carrier as Eggman's stage.

If he gets added to the base game of the next Smash though, I assume he won't get a stage, like K. Rool and Ridley didn't this time.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I see a lot of people putting their vote for Egg Carrier but the more I think about it the more I would adore Egg Fleet. Heroes is the series' first time going full multi plat so that counts for something and having all sorts of Eggman ships in the background moving around would be cool. Plus it has probably one of the most raw intros for a level

I now change my vote to Egg Fleet.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I'm OK with that too. I even mention it in my long post!

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Eighteen discussion threads in and people still subscribe to "rules" that Sakurai has never even hinted were actual things, incredible

After everything we have seen from this game

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Sonic Generations repped Heroes with another Green Hill instead of Egg Fleet

That's how you know it's a bad game

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Implying you need anything more than the name "Sonic" on it somewhere.

I like that game a lot but melting the series down to such a pure experience came with the tradeoff of having a three hour game where both playstyles only have nine levels apiece.

That'd be fine enough since a short fun game is preferable to a long boring one, but then they made Forces which was both short and boring.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Pick your response

This isn't Echo Night!

Daemon X Machina already has spirits though

Eggman would also come with the Eggman base aesthetic like how Sephiroth has Northern Crater.

Actually what would be a cool Eggman stage? I think something to callback to the 2000's era Sonic would be cool. Like spanning from Egg Carrier to Egg Fleet/Final Fortress. We already have Green Hill and Windy Hill representing the classic and modern era
Sakurai's law of first stages will bring us Palmtree Panic Bad Future, you can never truly escape the hills aesthetic.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Would Soulcalibur really be a problem? It reuses so many assets from SC4 and 5 it's hard to believe it's a taxing game.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Dragonlord is something you sneak into the base roster. Idk how hot of a DLC character he would be.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
From the hills to the city, Sonic Generations is a chronological example of how one has to relocate to keep up with job prospects.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Get with the times old man; you're in Era's Official Sonic Discussion Thread right now.
It wouldn't be an Era thread without someone being a negative as possible. I've gotta do my part!
I like that game a lot but melting the series down to such a pure experience came with the tradeoff of having a three hour game where both playstyles only have nine levels apiece.

That'd be fine enough since a short fun game is preferable to a long boring one, but then they made Forces which was both short and boring.
I haven't played Generations since it came out and sometimes I wonder if my memories of half of that game being good and the back half being total dogshit hold up at all.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I still say the best way to do a Dragon Quest villain is to make "Villain" and have it be Dragonlord, Zoma, Dhoulmagus, and either Psaro or Mordegon, depending on if they want to get rid of Psaro's sword and just have him use magic.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when the vast bulk of Generations' levels were city levels

That too.

City Escape had to be there and Spagonia is at least different enough, but Crisis City and especially Speed Highway should have gotten the axe.

It wouldn't be an Era thread without someone being a negative as possible. I've gotta do my part!

I haven't played Generations since it came out and sometimes I wonder if my memories of half of that game being good and the back half being total dogshit hold up at all.

The only level that wasn't any fun to me was Classic Planet Wisp since it takes like ten minutes to get through.

But that got me thinking about how much work goes into making these massive elaborate stages that, ideally, the player blows through in two minutes. If I were an environment designer on a Sonic game I'd be livid.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The only thing I hate about the "everyone is here" thing is the layout of the character select screen.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Got this updated in time for the presentation on the 17th; Added a couple of characters were suggested to me in some other places too! Still.. impossible to cover everything 🐺 💦

SMASH-Character-Speculation-Dec-2020.png

let's see how the Mii Costumes addition will be affect this in the Sephiroth's showcase video

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I still say the best way to do a Dragon Quest villain is to make "Villain" and have it be Dragonlord, Zoma, Dhoulmagus, and either Psaro or Mordegon, depending on if they want to get rid of Psaro's sword and just have him use magic.
If they do a multiple characters in one spot thingy the term would probably be daimaou (大魔王) and whatever the equivalent is in English.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Got this updated in time for the presentation on the 17th; Added a couple of characters were suggested to me in some other places too! Still.. impossible to cover everything 🐺 💦

SMASH-Character-Speculation-Dec-2020.png

let's see how the Mii Costumes addition will be affect this in the Sephiroth's showcase video
I see a handsome green-eyed gentleman looking at me towards the bottom there.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Back half of Generations was one of those things that got better the more you played and learnt the stages, initially they felt a bit rough compared to previous stages but I think that was more just because the difficulty level kicked up, Rooftop Run and Crisis City are actually pretty great in Gens.
Meanwhile Modern City Escape is actually something of a nothing burger stage but everyone loves it because it's city escape or whatever.

That said the Planet Wisp finale was a bit naff and did Colours dirty, oh and the less said about time eater the better.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For character 6 Sakurai will reveal Travis Touchdown and after the trailer Sakurai will go "Now I know some of you might have been thinking 'didn't he already have a Mii Costume? Shouldn't he not be elligible?' Well... who made up that rule?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.