• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WHO DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE?!

• DANTE

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • MASTER CHIEF

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • SORA

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • CRASH

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • JONESY OR FORTNITE CHARACTER

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • POKEMON

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • XENOBLADE OR OTHER!

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
There was definitely a spiel that I'm a little too busy to dig out at the moment, but I remember people telling me at some point how Alex wasn't specifically designated as a female character, rather that it's just an assumption based on contrasting Steve.
Yeah, I could have swore the official names for those skins were "...Steve?" and "...Alex?"

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
phew, thanks dad. I took a month long break after the Direct threads "ended." probably not going to be around too much, but I've been having a rough week or so and wanted to check in
I have no understanding of forum drama at all but I like how Strat and dad are used interchangeably.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Regular vs. Stacked; who gets the better final roster layout?

RdP0zWD.png
OR
4fKrh14.png

(that is, the final roster after Volume 2; Volume 3 will change things)

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Remember SmashEra, don't let your memes be dreams. Make those memes come true.

oR6roFM.jpg

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I'm definitely team regular; having the original 12 on the top, even with a guest, is better than ending the first row with peach

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
Regular vs. Stacked; who gets the better final roster layout?

RdP0zWD.png
OR
4fKrh14.png

(that is, the final roster after Volume 2; Volume 3 will change things)

Stacked offends me on a moral level but I have to admit that the way the Fighters Pass characters are all listed on the bottom is pleasing. The real answer though is that both are bad and that we desperately need a CSS that's sorted in a way that actually makes sense

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Was this track originally in Homestuck or something? I know MEGALOVANIA was (though it first appeared in a Earthbound rom hack Toby made).
To be serious, it's actually just a joke poking fun at the fact that it shares similarities with the beginning of a Homestuck song that Toby also made.

It probably wasn't intentional. Probably.

Don't... don't look up the rest of that song. It's a weird, weird rabbit hole.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
You know what would be a nice enhancement to the CSS?

The ability to make certains alternate costumes the default skin and face on the CSS. Like being able to make Erdrick the default Hero, or having Byleth be female by default.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Stacked offends me on a moral level but I have to admit that the way the Fighters Pass characters are all listed on the bottom is pleasing. The real answer though is that both are bad and that we desperately need a CSS that's sorted in a way that actually makes sense
You have to take into account Echo Fighters Separate Portraits option. I don't see that in the image you quoted.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

The ability to make certains alternate costumes the default skin and face on the CSS. Like being able to make Erdrick the default Hero, or having Byleth be female by default.
I want this also because having to wait for the costumes to load sucks

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

At the least you should be able to set a preferred alt for your nickname/tag. Even if it's not on the CSS, you could still get whatever alt you're going to always choose anyway that way. Especially since sometimes it takes a second or two for the alts to load, and like I can remember exactly how many buttons to press for every preferred alt.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Even though omegas all use the same list of resources, they actually do have a difference

The tool used to mine resources is different in different maps, which means certain omegas put more wear on certain weapons than others

Most stages use the pickaxe, but a few use the shovel or axe (like Super Happy Tree)

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Steve is definitely a character better suited for free-for-alls.

Sorry, didn't realize there weren't subs before I posted. It's just a skit making fun a Minecraft in Smash. One character talks about how Minecraft Steve is the greatest thing to happen to Smash, but another character is revealed to be Nintendo holding him at gunpoint forcing him to say nice things about Steve, so he freaks out and starts running calling for help and screaming, "Steve is trash!" before he gets shot.

Yup, Steve/Alex seems to be quite a lot of fun in FFA after evidently what happened last night.

Haha, that's funny.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
if you have gold tools, break one, and craft a lower set, you'll keep the gold tools that haven't broken

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I actually prefer the roster organized by Smash debut rather than by franchise. It's really grown on me. However, I'm never opposed to more options for customizing the CSS.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
As an aside, I completely forgot that the canon route of the first Super Robot Wars game to come out in English begins with a gamer discovering that he's actually an asshole.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I've been watching Steve dittos on Minecraft World and it looks like someone made a fan game in the style of smash lol. Those Steve animations are hilarious.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The character select screen is just giving everyone a small taste of what Zelda fans go through in Smash (Meta Smash representation being regarded as more important than actual original series representation).

Status
Not open for further replies.