• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WHO DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE?!

• DANTE

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • MASTER CHIEF

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • SORA

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • CRASH

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • JONESY OR FORTNITE CHARACTER

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • POKEMON

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • XENOBLADE OR OTHER!

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I personally consider KOF Stadium to be a Smash original. It's labeled as Fatal Fury despite not resembling any Fatal Fury stages, none of the existing KOF stadiums are set on a football field, and it's filled with new logos using the Smash emblem.
It's basically just the same thing as Castle Siege. Meant to evoke the feel of the series rather than a specific locale.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they could done a stage from Star Allies or Mario Tennis Aces or something.

Though the former is too much to ask for, thanks to you know who.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
2018 is represented through the Toy-Con Mii costume, which should probably count as "physical representation."

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at it again, it's pretty funny and sad how 2018 is the one year in that timeline with basically no physical representation in Smash whatsoever.

No fighters, no assist trophies, no items, no stage. It's just...blank.

edit: 1978 is like that too, I guess.
It'll fill up when Pearl and Marina join as fighter pass 9 and 9e with a stage from the Octo Expansion and then Lora and Jin are added as fighter pass 10 with Torna. I guess it would only be two stages and not any characters, but it's still something

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at it again, it's pretty funny and sad how 2018 is the one year in that timeline with basically no physical representation in Smash whatsoever.

No fighters, no assist trophies, no items, no stage. It's just...blank.

edit: 1978 is like that too, I guess.

I mean, it's kind of a cheat, but any Ultimate-original content - like Galeem and Dharkon - would count as 2018. So there's that at least.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
2018 is represented through the Toy-Con Mii costume, which should probably count as "physical representation."

Ah true, but that image (which, like I said, I didn't originally make, only hijacked to include the DLC) was originally only counting fighters, items, assist trophies, and stages.

Maybe one day I'll edit in Mii costume/hats if I ever feel like it.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This happened:

www.resetera.com

Inugami Korone (Japanese Virtual YouTuber) Plays Super Mario Using Only English (42:56 long video)

Oh don't worry, we totally get that basement dwelling loner pedophile nerds are attracted and entertained by the fantasy of a cute blushing underage anime pet-girl who's into video games. We just hate it.

He was banned almost a month ago and hasn't been back despite his return date supposedly being weeks ago.
It shows that they tried to log in on Monday, so that was my theory out the window.

Either way, thanks for the context. I think I remember that that's being discussed. But seriously, Jesus....

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I personally consider KOF Stadium to be a Smash original. It's labeled as Fatal Fury despite not resembling any Fatal Fury stages, none of the existing KOF stadiums are set on a football field, and it's filled with new logos using the Smash emblem.
I mean, it is Smash original considering how it isn't taken from any specific game, but just like the Coliseum from Fire Emblem they're clearly taking inspiration from existing elements of the games. Yeah, there's no KoF stadium in a football field, but both the 96 one and the XIV one have generic green grass fields around the fighting platform.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Since launch, Monster Hunter has been internally treated as a separate franchise in regards to music track listings; unlike the rest of the tracks grouped up in the Other category (that includes other third-party music like Megalovania and Floral Fury). It's a bizarre distinction to make if further Monster Hunter music was never under consideration.
My opinion is that Monster Hunter has a separate track listing because of the Rathalos boss fight.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a better way to represent Mii hats for Kirby?
Replace Kirby's face with the Mii's face so it's like the enemies in Miitopia:
miitopia-face-blob-072717.jpg

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it is Smash original considering how it isn't taken from any specific game, but just like the Coliseum from Fire Emblem they're clearly taking inspiration from existing elements of the games. Yeah, there's no KoF stadium in a football field, but both the 96 one and the XIV one have generic green grass fields around the fighting platform.
It just feels a bit different to me since it resembles absolutely nothing from any of the Fatal Fury games (which the stage is labeled as belonging to) and only loosely resembles three stages from across The King of Fighters' 20 year history. And then there are the original KOF logos using the Smash emblem in place of the "O," making it the only stage that openly acknowledges the crossover with Smash.

The older Fire Emblem games are so visually simplistic that Coliseum could be justified as a modern interpretation of a recurring locale dating back to 1990, but it's much harder to categorize KOF Stadium. You can't really say it's from 1991 or 1994 when Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters '94 don't contain stadiums. It also seems odd to place it in 1996 when the KOF96 arena has a totally different classical Greco-Roman aesthetic.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
In case anyone other than me cares, the different alts don't have different bed colors

and for some reason I tested this with Snooze instead of just picking Jigglypuff

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Mario Kart Live has me curious if Nintendo would be more open to outsource bigger franchises like Mario Kart more often in the future. At least giving them the benefit of being co-developers.

Velan Studios is made of ex-Vicarious Visions guys, and I'm already noticing lots of unique animations on Mario/Luigi that we wouldn't see in a more rigid template of animations from mainline Mario Kart games.

Smash certainly would benefit of fully going Bamco only next time, if Sakurai feels like retiring from the series. Heck, I'd say a 3rd DLC season for Ultimate solely made by Bamco guys would make a good test, with Sakurai just as supervisor of sorts.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
Sure; sounds like plans for Minecraft content were in stasis for awhile too, we even got a different Microsoft rep first in the meantime.

We know Rise began development four years ago, before the Switch had even launched; isn't totally unreasonable to think they've had something planned.
Right but that assumes that if MH was saved as a frontliner for pass 2, then why include content first in the base game? Or just throw it into FP1 instead? It's not like a MH character would assumedly be as complicated as Steve and take up a lot of time to do.
Irregardless i don't disagree that MH looks pretty likely for promotion. Just don't think that point is as strong as it seems.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I wouldn't be surprised if some of those assets are from MK9
I wouldn't say they were made FOR Mario Kart 9 and then used in MKL, but it's possible they recycle a thing or two (from Live and Tour) in MK9. Nintendo generally don't show their cards like that on a spinoff, even if it's just minor stuff like animations and models.

But I sure would like other studios working on Nintendo's big guns; they already had Retro giving a helping hand on Mario Kart 7 before too.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I intentionally handicap myself for Spirit Boards (because, like, where's the fun in steamrolling them?) so I found the Skeletons, the Endermen, and the Piglin pretty tough.

Three Links suddenly getting final smashes is scary when any one of them can OHKO you.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really a fan of Motoi Sakuraba's Smash stuff. Dunno how to explain it, but it's the type of thing that I bet Sakurai loves

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I beat those three Links quite easily cos they all decided to keep ledge grabbing so I just placed some TNT down by them and blew them all up. It was rather beautiful to be honest.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
So according to SSBWiki, none of the Minecraft tracks actually have Japanese titles. All song names are written in English in the Japanese version.

That's...a first.

Zuko

Aug 11, 2020
Anyone figure out exactly how to do this biome picking for the Minecraft stage?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I still feel like Terry's might be easier (the Geese fight is like the easiest Legend fight in the game), but it's certainly really easy compared to Hero's, which was probably the hardest of them
I think Max Brass was the hardest DLC spirit battle by far. Probably the hardest ever unless I missed a really easy way to exploit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.