• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

If we are getting a Direct soon so are we expecting to see any Smash Reveal there?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Actually i am kinda suprised we haven't seen a Soul Calibur Mii Costume yet for Mii Swordfighter...unless Sakurai is saving it for something else..

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
What does Min Min say when she introduces herself right before her splash screen? I assume it's something in Mandarin.

Jun 11, 2019
Real talk tho, I'm glad this is the place I primarily post in, alot of the time whenever I talk to people on the internet there's usually alot of anxiety for me.

The vibe for this place is comfy to me

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I just realized, did Min Min break the supporting character sprites in the background of the stage pattern? I know they have the screen there but I don't remember the characters standing in the back

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Considering that Ultimate already has flags for Assist Trophies to not appear in certain situations (e.g. Alucard cannot appear on the Wii Fit stage; also of course Toon Link not driving the Spirit Tracks train when Toon Link is being played, stuff like that), adding a flag that disables Spring Man from appearing if a player Spring Man is there shouldn't be too difficult.

Yeah, but I wonder if it's easy to update it through update? sometime I just feel that it requires a lot of hooks to allows them to update with new model or etc? Maybe I just don't know anything about development.

It's sad we probalby aren't getting a Tekken Rep when from this - we know they can incorprate Tekken Mechanics into Smash well...unless we get a Soul Caliber Rep

I can see it being difficult to pull off in Smash Bros because you need to have easy recovery (casual probably would have difficult times to remember the button combination to recovery so) but again, maybe Sakurai assumed that they wouldn't be exciting enough for the fans to play as. I dunno.

I'm glad that they ripped the bandage off and just end the Tekken discussion so we can move toward to something else.

The moment she was jumping, moving backwards and using a Smash attack IN THE AIR was the moment it all came together for me. I felt the
the sensation of moving and attacking in the same way I did in ARMS, without actually touching a controller or having played ARMS in well over a year.

Yes, Yes, those feelings were great.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
All this talk is making me consider getting some ramen delivered for dinner tonight.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just to clarify for those who are still a little confused, Min Min's regular attack and side tilts are basically like Mega Man's. She has no true "side tilt", as she basically does her normal attack while walking (the only difference being that she has shoto-style light/heavy inputs for a more conventional jab).

That extends to her B and side B, which is basically the same thing but with her right arm.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
No doubt. You appreciate the community in here a lot more when you hit up the casual threads.
I think it really helps to understand your fellow posters' opinions with a wide base of discussions, because in my experience the more you know about a poster the more patient you are with their takes

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One thing I didn't get, is Min Mins dragon arm powered up when she grabs and throws an opponent?

That's the impression I got.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I will say it did put a lot of things into perspective when I look around at other parts of the internet that have people who are genuinely shocked it was Min Min, considering this thread and others who have been following Smash speculation had her pegged as one of the most likely choices since March.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
mpv-shot0001.jpg

The audience are wearing Smash outfits with unique hats. They do seem to have remnants of the Min Min wigs her supporters wear though.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not gonna lie seeing Kid Cobra almost make it to the end made me happy.

He would've been cool.

And hey we don't know what he looks like under the mask so you can associate him with whatever makes you happy.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Not gonna lie seeing Kid Cobra almost make it to the end made me happy.

He would've been cool.

And hey we don't know what he looks like under the mask so you can associate him with whatever makes you happy.
I figured Twintelle would at least make it to the end, but I surprised that Kid Cobra hung on.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Can you explain me why?

Well, they feel that there is no main character that are black so they feel like it's a perfect time for them to strike it with hammer by including Twintelle into Smash Bros as first main black character in Smash Bros. (I know Villagers and Inkling have black alts but they don't considered them as their because it's just alt costumes for some people's perceptive)

Min Min got in instead, and they found out that Ninjara was also considered as well. Not even Twintelle was considered so they are upset that they missed the opportunity to feel like they could be represented in the game.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So, did any other cool details get discovered/mentioned since the presentation itself?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Kirby is a vacuum and Captain Falcon eats ramen with aggressive slurping.

How do other fighters consume their ramen?

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Geno managed to dodge another mii costumes made me think he's more likely than he was for me. But I'm not going to get my hope up tho.

Likely characters for this season is still Rex/Pyra/Mythra and Travis

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Enjoyed the reveal a lot, such a stylish trailer. Min Min looks like a ton of fun to play.

So excited to see who comes next.

Status
Not open for further replies.