• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which ARMS character do you think is more likely to become 6th Fighter Pass character?

• Spring Man

Votes: 93 16.5%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 64 11.4%
  • Twintelle

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Min Min

Votes: 185 32.9%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Someone else from ARMS (please specify)

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought a cool idea for a Smash clone would be to design characters with the conceit they're from fictious games.

Like what Evil Zone (lol) did kind of
I did consider this, actually, and eventually switched to the view that would be found more confusing than it's worth unless it was very much a background thing.

Misuta

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Germany
Baten Kaitos is the worst when it comes to missable stuff. The aura cards, the finishers. Just to name a few. The most ridiculous thing is aging the Shampoo magnus for 336 hours just to unlock the last six tracks in the sound test.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I always thought a cool idea for a Smash clone would be to design characters with the conceit they're from fictious games.

I'd love it if an indie publisher like Team17 did this. Basically have one team create a bunch of characters with vague origins (from a platformer, an RPG, an action adventure, a puzzler etc.) then let the teams who work with them use the characters/stages/items as they see fit. Basically Recursive Super Smash Bros.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp my Mother 3 playthrough is borked since I'm pretty sure I've broken my laptop.

This is why I only play on wholesome and traditionally masculine consoles instead of deviant PC gaming.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017

This is a cool idea, but it kinda falls apart in practice once you realize that it just means coming up with somewhat compelling concepts for multiple fake games which sounds like a ton of work when you're only going to make money from one game.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless they shake the Ryu/Tery formula up I'm not interested in another fighting game character.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fighting games and JRPGs are the two genres I think are a lock for DLC. They got a character in Smash 4's DLC, they got a character in Ultimate's first pass. They're the most prominent "character centric" genres out there, particularly when it comes to major Japanese publishers.

Actually, of newcomer DLC characters, we've had:

5 JRPG
2 Platformer*
2 Fighting
1 Action

*Piranha Plant is kind of a cheat, but I'll count it

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Yeah. Not really interested in another fighter rep unless it's Scorpion. But that ain't happening.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fighting games and JRPGs are the two genres I think are a lock for DLC. They got a character in Smash 4's DLC, they got a character in Ultimate's first pass. They're the most prominent "character centric" genres out there, particularly when it comes to major Japanese publishers.

And a Fire Emblem character, don't forget that.

Sigurd for Character 11.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
If Lloyd won't come then he would be my second Namco pick because I played with him in Tekken TT 2.
I always say this but I want/hope for Heihachi playable in Smash, mostly because is the most wanted character of a dear friend that suffers of a terrible depression. I know very well that a character in a video game won't help, but he certainly will be super happy for that, and so I will!

As far me and the Tekken series goes, I only played a little bit of 5 and a lot of SFxTK (and Heihachi was in my team)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
For the fighting game rep, I'd imagine that it'll be between these three.
  • Sol Badguy
    • Recent ASW spirits, GG Strive coming later this year
  • Heihachi
    • Bamco develops Ultimate & only has one rep, Mii Costume still missing
  • Chun-Li
    • More iconic than the two above combined, SFVI possibly coming next year
    • We already have 2 SF characters (1 unique, 1 echo), has a spirit in the base game (still debatable on how it impacts her odds)

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Sol seems pretty damn likely tbh. His inclusion just makes alot of sense.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I feel like there is absoulty no reason for ASW to not want a charcter in Smash especially with how they love their crossovers. ASW and Nintendo also have a fairly tight relationship and ASW have released a lot of their games including GG on the Switch. The ASW Double Dragon Spirits also conviced me that Nintendo had least had a tackle with ASW

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Terry was the Fighting EX Layer rep.

We're getting Skullomania, baby.
Skullomania is the SNK fighter rep

skullsnk.jpg

Oh god I'm so lost now, is Ryu even the street fighter rep anymore?!

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like there is absoulty no reason for ASW to not want a charcter in Smash especially with how they love their crossovers. ASW and Nintendo also have a fairly tight relationship and ASW have released a lot of their games including GG on the Switch. The ASW Double Dragon Spirits also conviced me that Nintendo had least had a tackle with ASW
Wait, there were Double Dragon spirits? Wasn't it just Kunio?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And gacha games even more so.

Just be thankful Love Live and BanG Dream are not videogames first series.

I've probably said as much already but I'm really glad I have smug gamer antipathy towards mobile gaming because I'd be the juiciest fucking whale imaginable.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe Geno's reveal is finally this week sometime in the next year.

I don't know if Geno would be a good highlight for E3 and with everything going on who knows how long it'll take for the next reveal.

Imagine going months where the only character confirmed is Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.