• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
FVtwXkZ.gif

I7HAYxQ.gif

tlThmjS.gif

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Geno's announcement will make this place more or less sane...

People might be unreasonable with their requests if they think anyone can be in Smash Bros via Geno getting in.

Only reason why Geno is in because of 14 years of requesting. It's same thing with KKR, Banjo and Ridley. Fans kept them alive for long time as possible.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Well, some people might be stuck in due to lock-in so stuck in the house for two weeks could make some people little nutty.

We haven't gone into official lockdown yet but it's probably coming, cities in my state are already going in that direction.

Dunno what's gonna happen with my job, can't work at home. Hopefully Sakurai and his team are healthy and stay home if they need to; from what I understand the virus has been greatly flattened in Japan.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna pitch Crazy Waffle Ninja Monkey as the next Fortnite skin but I bet they've done that one already

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
We haven't gone into official lockdown yet but it's probably coming, cities in my state are already going in that direction.

Dunno what's gonna happen with my job, can't work at home. Hopefully Sakurai and his team are healthy and stay home if they need to; from what I understand the virus has been greatly flattened in Japan.

Because I think they stopped testing people so I'm not sure if it's flatten or not but I really need to take a look into that tho.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Fornite getting a rep would be hilarious, especially since there is an overabundance of possible alts.

EDIT:
One of the spirit battles could use Sudden Death.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
I forget to respond to this (or I might did? I can't remember but I noticed it popped up via quote button)

It came from someone who had close ties to Monolith Inc so I can't really remember the person's name to help you out on this. But they basically said it was just concept art, just like Tree concept art from many years ago.
You hadn't responded, but that's okay.

I just know that that a few people in original thread were asking for a link to the source, and the person who brought it up never responded to say if they did or didn't have the link. I just think that the actual tweet/account should be readily available if this person is going to be brought up every time people speculate about future Monolith projects.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
You hadn't responded, but that's okay.

I just know that that a few people in original thread were asking for a link to the source, and the person who brought it up never responded to say if they did or didn't have the link. I just think that the actual tweet/account should be readily available if this person is going to be brought up every time people speculate about future Monolith projects.

I will try to find the information and will tag you if I ever find it. (and what thread was it?)

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ryu Hayabusa has moved beyond being the weird ninja dude from some old NES games to mainstream Smash speculation.

I don't know how it happened, but I welcome our ninja overlord. There's nothing quite like the combat in a good Ninja Gaiden game. 👨‍🍳 💋

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Feels kinda weird to target the wants of specific users here; but hey, you do you Mr. Jonesy.

tdrMqlN.gif

(I never said that they're likely tho! I meant Sakurai actually reach out to a western company to just ask for Fortnite (which is basically a young franchise ever made into Smash Bros as playable character). Unlikely! But spirit events or Mii costume would be nice tho! But wouldn't happens either tho.

I meant we have our own characters that could repped ourselves. I was known as Mr. Duck Hunt but not anymore for some reasons? :( So I need to find something that people would know me as.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
I will try to find the information and will tag you if I ever find it. (and what thread was it?)
You don't have to make it a priority, but thanks anyway. I just don't want information to be spread and inadvertently distorted without the original claim on hand.

(I think it was just one of the many direct threads, but it was probably brought up before then as well.)

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Ryu Hayabusa has moved beyond being the weird ninja dude from some old NES games to mainstream Smash speculation.

I don't know how it happened, but I welcome our ninja overlord. There's nothing quite like the combat in a good Ninja Gaiden game. 👨‍🍳 💋
it's no mystery how it happened

Mega Man and Simon got in and he was next on the list

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The only fortnite character I really like is the banana man

I don't dislike the others, I just forget them five seconds after seeing them. Banana man will endure in my heart though.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna lie. I've never seen any Fortnite gameplay or whatnot unless it's posted as a gif here or that Nintendo direct where Fortnite was annouced.

it's one of those games that I just don't care to even look at. Probably cause I don't play online

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fornite getting a rep would be hilarious, especially since there is an overabundance of possible alts.

Yet we're going to get Jonesy and a few recolours referencing the other default skins if it does happen. 100% guarantee.
At best we'll get Jonesy getting the 4 male base characters as alt colours and Emmy getting the 4 female base characters as alt colours. I don't even expect changes to the faces.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
K. Rool, Banjo, and Ridley already proved that though.

Yeah but there's always some stipulation to it. K.Rool and Ridley are major villains of their series and Banjo is a lost N64 icon.

Geno is a one-off party member from a SNES game. His inclusion doesn't have any of those "rules" to it, and it'd be clearly because of his fanbase if he got in.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Geno is definitely no K. Rool

and K. Rool is no Ridley, so that puts Geno even further down the totem pole

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Nah, i've seen plenty of Geno detractors argue that he's an extreme case even compared to those two; since Ridley and K. Rool are major characters within their franchises and Geno is a one-off from a single 24 year old RPG.
Yeah but there's always some stipulation to it. K.Rool and Ridley are major villains of their series and Banjo is a lost N64 icon.

Geno is a one-off party member from a SNES game. His inclusion doesn't have any of those "rules" to it, and it'd be clearly because of his fanbase if he got in.
Geno is an extreme example but the point is more that those three never would have happened without their vocal fanbase.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Yet we're going to get Jonesy and a few recolours referencing the other default skins if it does happen. 100% guarantee.
At best we'll get Jonesy getting the 4 male base characters as alt colours and Emmy getting the 4 female base characters as alt colours. I don't even expect changes to the faces.

If anything, I think it's going to be four Jonesy and four Ramirez since both are pretty much faces of Fortnite. I wish that they would go with 8 defaults from Fortnite Chapter 1 like this.

KhKkUyc.png

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be more vocal about Paper Mario!

Only Vivian is allowed from Paper Mario.

Geno is an extreme example but the point is more that those three never would have happened without their vocal fanbase.

Absolutely, but they still followed "the rules" of Smash speculation. Geno doesn't. It's the difference between being a long desired missing piece that rocketed to memetic proportions and a character who only has the wishes of his fanbase.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
There are more franchises I'd be excited about getting a Smash character if it wasn't a guarantee the mascot would be the one getting in over the cooler and more interesting side characters.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What if we get Quintet Classics before DKC?

(I know that will never happen. 😭 )

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
If we need to be more vocal about any Nintendo game, it's Xenoblade X.

It is, after all, better than Xenoblade 2.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
The real tragedy is that the day Geno gets in a huge chunk of Smash fans will stop caring and just move on to the next speculated character. It's weird how some people care more about wishing for a character than actually playing them.

Guess they love the idea of the endless possibilities speculation allows for and once a character gets in that's put to an end. Geno would no longer be able to be anything and would now only be what Sakurai said he can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.