• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Even Terra's more "melee" attacks in Dissidia use her magic. She'd be purely a magic user, and not a hybrid like Hero or Robin.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Rule #67 of Fire Emblem games: Advanced classes aren't always canon.

I don't see that gaudy-ass outfit in the CG cutscenes, do you?
No outfit is too gaudy for the one who

ends a centuries-long cycle of inequality borne out of an ancient dragon's delusional attempts to ressurect her dead mother

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Don't know if they'll ever create a second unique moveset for a guest franchise, but hey. Fan assumptions.
Barret for Smash

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all talk about Fire Emblem a lot. No wonder they put so many of its characters in Smash.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Was at a friends house and got to play the FFVII demo.

I'm so disappointed by the combat. It's just not for me and the music is a letdown so far expect for the title screen prologue. Bummer.

Cloud sounds pretty good. Put that voice in smash. The VA he had before I felt was always pretty bad.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Dissidia only had her use the sword for like one move and her moveset there would almost certainly be used for inspiration.
Joker wasn't based on how the Persona characters work in Persona Arena though, and Megaman in spite of taking one attack is very different from his MvC self.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Was at a friends house and got to play the FFVII demo.

I'm so disappointed by the combat. It's just not for me and the music is a letdown so far expect for the title screen prologue. Bummer.

Cloud sounds pretty good. Put that voice in smash. The VA he had before I felt was always pretty bad.
Cloud is voiced by Takahiro Sakurai so that's probably not gonna happen :P

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I updated my predictions one last time, and added sample music!

www.resetera.com

Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Fighters Pass VOL. 2 | Prediction Contest

Fighters: Twintelle (ARMS) Toxtricity (Pokemon Sword & Pokemon Shield) Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia) Crash (Crash Bandicoot) Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X) Barista (Rhythm Heaven) Stages (with music samples): Sky Arena (Sample 1, Sample 2, Sample 3) Wild Area (Sample 1, Sample 2, Sample 3)...

I'm ready for the Direct!

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hot take:
I hope Square doesn't get any more characters. With how stingy they are with everything for both Dragon Quest and especially Final Fantasy, any additional character from either of these 2 franchises or a new franchise would end up with like 4 songs.

Which is even more incredulous after SNK's "Which of these songs can we use? - Yes." situation.

Capcom has other fighting games, too, but we still got Ken and Ryu.

(And, of course, we already got another SE RPG IP, in Dragon Quest.)

If Ken were a completely unique character, you would have a point, but he's a clone, so I'm not sure that argument stands on solid ground as a comparison to what would be a new unique newcomer.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Most of Kingdom Hearts' music is composed by Yoko Shimomura, right? How are those music rights handled? Since Yoko is already on the long list of Smash composers (and has composed many Nintendo soundtracks before), wouldn't we get a reasonable selection of music if she has control over it?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Most of Kingdom Hearts' music is composed by Yoko Shimomura, right? How are those music rights handled? Since Yoko is already on the long list of Smash composers (and has composed many Nintendo soundtracks before), wouldn't we get a reasonable selection of music if she has control over it?
Just like everything else produced for Kingdom Hearts, the music falls back to Disney rights-wise. The official soundtracks are all under their record label.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
But that's the thing, Disney has control over the music, not Yoko.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
The one factor that makes Geno preferable to other SE suggestions - his music would be tied to Mario so his stage would automatically have a decent selection. That and if SE doesn't play ball they could just use him as an excuse for Mario + Luigi & Paper Mario arrangements since they're all technically the same series.

Misuta

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Germany
Hot take:
I hope Square doesn't get any more characters. With how stingy they are with everything for both Dragon Quest and especially Final Fantasy, any additional character from either of these 2 franchises or a new franchise would end up with like 4 songs.

Which is even more incredulous after SNK's "Which of these songs can we use? - Yes." situation.
If Sakurai had requested 100 tracks, I bet SNK would also have said "OK!".

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
The one factor that makes Geno preferable to other SE suggestions - his music would be tied to Mario so his stage would automatically have a decent selection. That and if SE doesn't play ball they could just use him as an excuse for Mario + Luigi & Paper Mario arrangements since they're all technically the same series.
There's also a few songs from SMRPG that are remixes of Mario music and they could just remix the remixes and attribute it to Mario RPG. Like Mario's house theme (which has been remixed and appears in future Mario games not tied to Square)

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Mystery Dungeon event:

Old:
- Partner Pikachu
- Eevee
- Psyduck
- Cubone
- Meowth
- Charmander
- Chikorita
- Skarmory
- Metapod
- Gengar
- Celebi
- Rayquaza
- Kangaskhan
- Tyranitar

New:
- Kecleon Brothers (Legend)
- Pelipper (Novice)
- Team Meanies (Advance)
- Xatu (Ace)

Would be fun

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The only Western rep that I think has any sort of chance at this point is Crash Bandicoot.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't see them adding a guest character who's entirely obscure in Japan.

c211d22e8ad672b332614d37811fe860.png

Like honestly, sometimes I think the only reason Rayman even appears in Smash at all is because Rayman Legends was actually Wii U exclusive and Nintendo published in Japan. Notice how of Rayman's representation in Smash is based around Legends.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I still choose to believe Rayman isn't in Ultimate entirely because he'd be almost impossible to turn into an amiibo that doesn't look terrible

It's sad because his victory theme would be the best in the entire game

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
What a complete fucking gyp that would be

Why would they not do new amiibos for the DLC crew when they've been doing it for all the new base game characters and also did amiibo for the DLC characters last game?
I think it's something they would've announced during the Byleth reveal, if they don't announce it during the next direct it's safe to say it's not happening. Maybe the sales weren't as good as expected or they had problems with the licenses for 1 character so they decided to not do any.

Status
Not open for further replies.