• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Noctis is a cool dude
200.gif

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
What did I say about questioning my choices!!

- Sora is an SE character the same way Geno is a Mario character
- Noctis is a cool dude with magic ghost swords
- Your old and broke characters have no power here
- My old and broke characters do have power here
if Geno is a Mario character, what he's doing in a Square-Enix only Pass? =^)

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
What did I say about questioning my choices!!

- Sora is an SE character the same way Geno is a Mario character
- Noctis is a cool dude with magic ghost swords
- Your old and broke characters have no power here
- My old and broke characters do have power here
If you're counting Sora as a Squeenix character then I'm counting Agent 47 as one so my complaint is now where's he at

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Speaking of Agent 47, we were talking about PC characters yesterday and I missed it but here's my PC pass:

- Agent 47
- Vivec
- Reimu
- Isaac
- Chell

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
What do you all think the reaction would be if two of the new fighters are from the same series/game? I had the thought this morning on my way into work: Kiryu would be the right representative from Yakuza, but Majima would be the fan-favourite. So how would the community react if they both got in? They'd play different enough that it wouldn't be an Echo situation.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I said in the other post that Nintendo would maybe need to get in check with Square for Sora, just to get some assets rips for the character model, stage and what-not.. but then I remembered they didn't even share shit from their own IPs... so I guess if Nintendo even added Sora at some point, everything would need to be courtesy from Disney. Maybe they'd get even a better deal from anything they got from Square, who knows? :p (assuming the supposed issues with Disney of Japan side of things are solved)

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Normally I like little standalone DLC campaigns pretty well, but they're also not usually loadbearing pillars of the game plot which is barren and incomprehensible without them, so I kind of wish before Squeenix pulled the plug of FFXV they'd gone back in and combined all the disparate parts spread across every medium to make a campaign that was as close to a real game as possible.

Not that you'd necessarily have to watch Kingsglaive in its entirety as a giant cutscene or anything, but you know... something.

I think that could have helped with the characters and plot a lot.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
An interesting personality, meaningful development, or any sort of character arc whatsoever would have been nice.

I mean, Noctis does get that. You might not think it's done very well but it's there - he starts the game as a spoiled brat who expects everything to be easy and ends the game acknowledging the help he had along the way and realizing his own weaknesses.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I understand not liking Noctis but I frankly don't get some of the extreme reactions to him. He's harmless at worst.
I mean, Noctis does get that. You might not think it's done very well but it's there - he starts the game as a spoiled brat who expects everything to be easy and ends the game acknowledging the help he had along the way.
No you don't get it XV bad grrrrrr.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
FFXV's world building sucks.

The characters are fine, and when it's just about the camaraderie of Noctis and his friends, the game shines. Unfortunately, everything else doesn't.

Super Eyepatch Wolf's video on FF XV is right on the money.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I mean, Noctis does get that. You might not think it's done very well but it's there - he starts the game as a spoiled brat who expects everything to be easy and ends the game acknowledging the help he had along the way and realizing his own weaknesses.
I'd argue that being one way at the start and then changing at the end with little to no in-between development does not count as a character arc.

Jun 11, 2019
Yeah, Noctis and his pals are fine, it's just everything else that kinda falls apart

Except Gladio, he's lame all the time, I won't be swayed by abs so easily

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'd argue that being one way at the start and then changing at the end with little to no in-between development does not count as a character arc.

I'd say it is gradual, but I don't really want to go on a scene-by-scene plot breakdown of FFXV in a Smash Bros thread so eh, opinions.

Noctis would be like 40th on my list of FF characters who should join Smash next anyway

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Noctis kinda came off as bland to me.
And I must be honest, the one thing that I want less than a Fire Emblem Rep is for FFXV to be repped in Smash

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Again I don't dislike Noctis, I just find him thoroughly uninteresting as a character.

Funny interactions are not a substitute for personality.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I said in the other post that Nintendo would maybe need to get in check with Square for Sora, just to get some assets rips for the character model, stage and what-not.. but then I remembered they didn't even share shit from their own IPs... so I guess if Nintendo even added Sora at some point, everything would need to be courtesy from Disney. Maybe they'd get even a better deal from anything they got from Square, who knows? :p (assuming the supposed issues with Disney of Japan side of things are solved)
I think this was covered before. Outside of Nomura giving his blessing, all of the negotiations would be with Disney regarding Sora.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love the whole cast of XV but you do admittedly need to watch the anime to get the full experience and I know that bothers some people. Though they did at least make it free to watch unlike the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.