• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
And yet, AC's producers seem utterly apathetic to the idea of a game set in Japan.

Yeah, I get that they thought it'd be "too obvious" but it's been long enough now that they should really do it. Or any Asian country, really, outside of the comics and the Chronicles games.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Uh... this is a super early picture. That's Smash 4 Battlefield.

I know Sakurai said he was posting pictures from throughout development, but it's still pretty weird.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Uh... this is a super early picture. That's Smash 4 Battlefield.

I know Sakurai said he was posting pictures from throughout development, but it's still pretty weird.

1. This just further emphasizes the problem that all Battlefields have looked the same since Brawl.
2. A new feature that lets you select the Battlefields and Final Destinations of past games (perhaps through music selection like Mementos) would be rad as hell.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. This just further emphasizes the problem that all Battlefields have looked the same since Brawl.
2. A new feature that lets you select the Battlefield and FD layouts of past games (perhaps through music selection like Mementos) would be rad as hell.

Finally I get to play on Smash 64 FD.

Although what I really want from that game is Meta Crystal.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh Warframe, right, cool, right.

lkbkXj7.gif

Who is making these spirit decisions, what logic brings you from Kunio-Kun to Cuphead to Warframe? Truly Smash is a mysterious game.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Finally I get to play on Smash 64 FD.

Although what I really want from that game is Meta Crystal.
After playing on Meta Crystal numerous times through Brawl mods, I no longer care for that stage. In fact, I kinda hate it. It's a pretty terrible layout in my opinion, specifically the underside of the stage.

Oh Warframe, right, cool, right.

lkbkXj7.gif

Who is making these spirit decisions, what logic brings you from Kunio-Kun to Cuphead to Warframe? Truly Smash is a mysterious game.
A celebration of video games!

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
Warframe Spirit is so weird but at the same time feels deserved, great game ofc, makes me want to give the game yet another try, I usually enjoy a few hours but then I get super lost.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Looking back on it the monetization for the Artix games was kind of extreme but I had a lot of fun playing those games F2P.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
What if we are getting more stages and mii costumes dlc from upcoming Direct instead of any playable character. :P

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Question for the think tank: I know SMT Hero is SmashEra's OC that we cobbled together out of a missing Jack Frost spirit and an upcoming exclusive game — but what would their name actually be if they happened?

One obvious answer is that each costume would have their own name like the Koopalings, but assuming that doesn't happen what do you think?

Let's say the different costumes are Flower-kun, Raidou, Flynn, and Aleph

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question for the think tank: I know SMT Hero is SmashEra's OC that we cobbled together out of a missing Jack Frost spirit and an upcoming exclusive game — but what would their name actually be if they happened?

One obvious answer is that each costume would have their own name like the Koopalings, but assuming that doesn't happen what do you think?

Let's say the different costumes are Flower-kun, Raidou, Flynn, and Aleph

I'd go with Summoner, since SMT1 Hero doesn't have a canon name other than through a guidebook.

If they axe him then yeah, go with the Koopaling scenario.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Honestly, the fact that Nintendo considers Hollow Knight important enough to constantly place it on infographics, and to give Silksong a segment last E3 gives me hope that Hollow knight is getting something smash.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Honestly, the fact that Nintendo considers Hollow Knight important enough to constantly place it on infographics, and to give Silksong a segment last E3 gives me hope that Hollow knight is getting something smash.
I wonder if Hollow Knight will get it's third appearance in a E3 Direct this year (the first game was shadow-dropped in 2018, and Silksong was shown during the Direct last year; both games got Treehouse segments in their respective years too).

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Me in 2007 after playing AC1: "Man feudal Japan, ancient Rome, or Mesoamerica would be incredible. I'd love to see any of those."

Ubisoft in 2020:
d9df135be51a86f3dbd6f8aa41c16f27039ec00cr1-768-768v2_uhq.jpg

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
I wonder if Hollow Knight will get it's third appearance in a E3 Direct this year (the first game was shadow-dropped in 2018, and Silksong was shown during the Direct last year; both games got Treehouse segments in their respective years too).

I could definitely see a trailer . Maybe a release window if Team Cherry has good progress with it.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
They've said they don't like showing much until it's done, since they have such a history of adding more and more to games and blowing past deadlines (a luxury they can more than afford after having a title that sold more millions than full-time employees worked at the studio when it launched). Hence why PAX Australia in December had the same demo as E3, which also consisted of most of the areas shown in the trailer from February.

So while another 1-2 minute short trailer is possible, I'm definitely not expecting a release date, new demo, or really anything big until the game is basically finished, which does not sound like it'll be in June.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
HERO TRILOGY PROTAG FOR SMASH

KAMIYA IS BACK

ryokutya2089.com

【プラチナゲームズ】神谷英樹さん監督、神谷英樹ヒーロー三部作完結編「プロジェクトG.G.」を発表 ※修正有り | ゲームよりどりサブカルみどりパーク

ポーズをとる一人の少年、体が青白い光に包まれ巨人となって怪獣の前に立ちはだかる・・・! プラチナ初のパブリッシング完全新規IP神谷「完全新規タイトルの監督という立場でゲームを作る」稲葉「いい意味でユーザーの予想を裏切る」神谷「いままでプラチナがやっていなかったことに挑戦」 神谷「ビューティフルジョーは仮面ライダーのような単身変身もの、101は戦隊もの、GGは巨大ヒーローもの」稲葉「ジャンルを無理やりつけるなら〇〇アクション××」神谷「アクションとしての手触りは大事にするがそれだけにフォーカスした作品ではない」 稲葉「現段階では存在するすべてのプラットフォームでだしたいと考えている」...

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Silksong is in a weird position where I don't necessarily want it to be a better game than Hollow Knight. I want them to be perfectly complementary experiences where each one brings something the other couldn't.

That'd mean more than "same game but you don't have to use a Charm slot to pin yourself on the map."

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
I'm still hoping for Doomslayer but with Doom Eternal coming up, I'm calling it now, we'll be getting a spirit event sometime this month. What do we think the spirit fights will be?

Doomslayer himself is an obvious Samus fight with all of the gun items in Smash popping up frequently. I could see a BFG spirit being another Samus fight with her Final Smash meter filling extra quickly. Giant Red Kirby is Cacodemon, Samuel Hayden can be R.O.B. holding the crucible- I MEAN the laser sword.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Silksong is in a weird position where I don't necessarily want it to be a better game than Hollow Knight. I want them to be perfectly complementary experiences where each one brings something the other couldn't.

That'd mean more than "same game but you don't have to use a Charm slot to pin yourself on the map."
If one of the things that Silksong brings in is better fast travel options, I'd be leaning towards in being better than Hollow Knight just from that lol

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
HERO TRILOGY PROTAG FOR SMASH

KAMIYA IS BACK

ryokutya2089.com

【プラチナゲームズ】神谷英樹さん監督、神谷英樹ヒーロー三部作完結編「プロジェクトG.G.」を発表 ※修正有り | ゲームよりどりサブカルみどりパーク

ポーズをとる一人の少年、体が青白い光に包まれ巨人となって怪獣の前に立ちはだかる・・・! プラチナ初のパブリッシング完全新規IP神谷「完全新規タイトルの監督という立場でゲームを作る」稲葉「いい意味でユーザーの予想を裏切る」神谷「いままでプラチナがやっていなかったことに挑戦」 神谷「ビューティフルジョーは仮面ライダーのような単身変身もの、101は戦隊もの、GGは巨大ヒーローもの」稲葉「ジャンルを無理やりつけるなら〇〇アクション××」神谷「アクションとしての手触りは大事にするがそれだけにフォーカスした作品ではない」 稲葉「現段階では存在するすべてのプラットフォームでだしたいと考えている」...
Any platforms confirmed?

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I'm assuming until the full article comes out is that it's self-published, which hopefully means it's not exclusive.

If I had to take a wild guess I'd say Switch, PS4, and maybe PC to match TW101 since it's a spiritual (or possibly direct?) sequel, but nothing confirmed.
Okay. I don't see a Xbox version happening but I would like to since I perfer my Xbox X over my PS4 lol

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
With Warframe getting spirits my count for series representation in Smash is at 216, 8 missing in Smash Ultimate (I know some count 9 but I don't count Goldeneye since it was never named in-game).

Just wondering if someone else has a different count.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
How many other games give your fast travel a name and a character arc?
Not many, but I would honestly trade the character arc for either more stations or the ability to fast travel whenever besides using the dream nail. Slogging through city of tears so many times was nearly enough to drive me to tears.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not many, but I would honestly trade the character arc for either more stations or the ability to fast travel whenever besides using the dream nail. Slogging through city of tears so many times was nearly enough to drive me to tears.

Wanting instantaneous fast travel in a Metroidvania always seem to be self defeating. It's like acknowledging there's nothing worthwhile in the map you've created.

The Lordvessel has the character arc where it goes from being the most important thing ever in DaS1 to shrinking and sitting on that random table in the High Wall of Lothric in DaS3, does that count?

Wow I can't believe there's a plot element from Dark Souls 1 that the third game didn't draw out for another go.

Status
Not open for further replies.