• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Better form

• Super Saiyan 4

Votes: 448 57.7%
  • Super Saiyan Blue

Votes: 328 42.3%

• Total voters

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
SS4 since it looks primal and awesome. I do like Blue, though. Though pales in comparison to the superior Rose.

latest

Though I do like the Limit Breaker SS4 more than anything though.

goku_ssj4_limit_breaker_render_2_by_ssjrose890_de3krm1-fullview.png
God I miss serious/lethal goku. This face he makes when he gets for real is always so cool.

maxresdefault.jpg

cecbe0639c6e1ce92df894b7d4bf9324.jpg

Especially when he gets those little dimples on the sides if his mouth. You know he has serious intent.

It's nice that the artist for "limitbreaker" didnt forget goku's anger dimples.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SSJ4 got ruined for me after that gif of Vegeta growing his shirt back after going back to normal.

tumblr_n4x6f6m7SZ1s21c3eo1_500.gif

So SSJ Blue for me, even if it's a pallet swap.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
SSJ4 got ruined for me after that gif of Vegeta growing his shirt back after going back to normal.

tumblr_n4x6f6m7SZ1s21c3eo1_500.gif

So SSJ Blue for me, even if it's a pallet swap.

Of course the clothes have to regenerate by magic. Goku would be a naked child every time after using the transformation if they didn't. Good consistency by the staff there.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Blue, I don't like SSJ4, I didn't even know it's supposed to be Goku when I first see it, I thought it's just another original villain from DB series I never watch.

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
I'm not a fan of either, one of my biggest complaints about the DB series is the constant new transformations in almost every arc.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
There's something very elegant about Blue and Ultra Instinct so I'll go with blue. I feel that part of the problem could be resolved if they gave the two new clothes.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My problem with Blue is it's immediately obvious that it didn't originate in the manga. It just makes no sense in black and white

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
After it's all said and done, Super Saiyan 4. Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue utlimtately amounted to just being a fucking palette swap.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goku and Gogeta are the only characters whose SSJ4 forms look good. Vegeta's SSJ4 hair is just lazy

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
SSJ4, they are tapping/controlling their own power and the design shows it. Blue is good but does not look/fill as impactful.

Takatomon

Oct 25, 2017
I would have liked SSJ4 if Goku stayed as an adult and the transformation somehow broke the wish. Him going back to a kid and Vegeta growing his shirt back killed it for me. Saiyajin transformations aren't (weren't?) supposed to be magical.
Blue for me.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Blue is just a palette swap but at least SSJ4 had something different about it. Both are okay but Blue in Resurrection F with Goku and Vegetas outfits look great though!

I actually like Ultra Instinct more since Goku is still learning how to use it and is not full Autonomus (silver hair) yet.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely DID NOT expect SSB to get as many votes as it did.

For me it's SSJ4 easily. That black hair with the animalistic nature is just *chefs kiss*.
Which is also why I adore UI and kinda dislike every other transformation cause those felt too goofy to me. I prefer the more serious side of said transformations.
But to each their own.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
SSJ4 is a very good idea conceptually that looks ugly as fuck and doesn't have anything impressive under it in the anime itself. Blue is just lazy and uninspired (stacking it with KK was neat I supper). The only good post Z power up is the incomplete UI because of the sick aura, the hair not being a stupid looking color and instead complement Goku's regular hair through highlights, and it made Goku at least fight kinda different.

TigerBrownie

One Winged Slayer
May 9, 2018
SSJ4 looks like a return to the Saiyan roots, a return to monke.

SSB looks like a midlife-crisis.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I got used to SSG/SSB but it's such a lazy concept, literally a photoshop "dude, what if Super Saiyan....BUT BLUE!!!".

Peak Saiyan being the monkey form humanized is more appealing to me.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Blue because SSJ4 is stupid and absurd.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I really like Super Saiyan Blue's aura and general presentation. Yes, the design itself was just a palletswap, but everything around it wasn't.

SSJ4 had a great base design, but it felt like neither the animators or writers had any idea of how to present it in a memorable way, keeping it with the old SSJ aura and never attempting to animate it in an unique way.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
SSB because that is what Toriyama sensei will do to save time.

He wouldn't do blue because it literally won't work in the format he would have produced content in. There's no way to tell the difference between super Saiyan and blue in the manga other than a character commenting saying "wow, he's using super Saiyan blue!"

0h-so-Cold

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
The Saiyan 4 is a unique look. Looks very intimidating to the eyes. Atleast that's what I always felt

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I think the newest Broly movie already described Broly as having the power of the Great Ape form despite not being in one, or something along those lines, which really is the same thing as SS4. Of course there's nothing stopping them from giving SS4 a power boost if they were to introduce it to Super's canon. I think a lot of Broly fans would get mad if their boy transformed into something that's not LSS or a direct evolution of it, though.

Come to think of it, LSS vs SS4 poll might be more interesting than this one, although I do understand why SS4 and SSB draws more comparisons

Super's Broly already turn LSS in the movie but it gets unnoticed because after turning he keeps jobbing to Gogeta, do they'll gonna have to do something with him to stay relevant.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saiyan 4 without a doubt.

At least some creativity when into the designs versus a mere color palette swap. It being linked to the great apes was a great idea too imo, as it links back to the roots of the series.

Oct 25, 2017
SSJ4.

First, they got Vegeta wearing jeans which AUTOMATICALLY makes it cooler.

Second, no crazy hair colors. Just black and to the roots.

Third, God kai is lazy and I hate that they went galactical with the power levels so early when there is much more world of DB that could have been utilized so by that metric, I really hate Blue.....

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
I think SS4 looks cooler than SSB but isn't SSB the same as SS, just with an infusion of God Ki? I thought the idea of God Ki made more sense for how these characters could get stronger vs just making more super saiyan forms and just making them stronger and stronger.

I like how there seems to be a cap on how powerful they get now, I doubt we will see Goku rise to the level of Angel's, or much higher than a GOD, i.e. Beerus