• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Looks incredible.

I'm really interested to see what's going to happen with Super Nintendo World in Orlando. Hopefully it's going to still be part of Epic Universe and not crammed into Universal Studios.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Same, this make the wait unbearable. Kind of sad I couldn't go in sight unseen and be completely blown away.

Pandemic aside, this feels like the kind of thing that needs a good wait to enjoy the most. I was at Universal Studios Osaka the summer that the Harry Potter area opened (maybe a month after?) and it was crazy. It was genuinly a 3 hour wait for the ride at the castle. Nope!

I look forward to looking into this in a few years lol

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Mario Kart ride looks... iffy. The leaked footage made me very worried it would be another screen ride but it seems to have a ton more physical props so that's a relief. The issue is how slow it seems though and seems really reliant on the AR experience. Guess you really have to ride it to get an impression.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Some of those mechanical attractions look amazing, and they have really nailed the look of Super Mario 3D World basically.

Real shame it's being opened during or near a pandemic. Will likely hurt their sales for a long time.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
If I went into those shops with my son, he would pick out thousands of dollars worth of merchandise. To be fair, I probably would too.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Ah, that Yoshi ride looks like a fun little jaunt for kids. I was expecting a little more inside the building stuff... but it looks fun.

I am going to skip the Mario ride through :) I want to be surprised when it comes to Orlando finally

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
kind of dissapointed in the mario kart ride, it's not what id expect, i understand wanting to make it somewhat interactive but that looks kind of boring and i'd imagine kind of takes away from the best thing about the ride and taking in the scenery. wished it was a pure ride like Radiator Springs Racers or Indy.

that said, the land looks beautiful as all heck, cant wait until it comes to hollywood

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Those rides are incredibly lame unfortunately. I was expecting a lot more out of the Mario kart one.

Oct 27, 2017
kind of dissapointed in the mario kart ride, it's not what id expect, i understand wanting to make it somewhat interactive but that looks kind of boring and i'd imagine kind of takes away from the best thing about the ride and taking in the scenery. wished it was a pure ride like Radiator Springs Racers or Indy.

that said, the land looks beautiful as all heck, cant wait until it comes to hollywood

Yeah, I was expecting/hoping for go karts with AR for the items. I'm not really sure what's going on in what they're actually doing

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Mario Kart ride absolutely seems like something you can't appreciate without doing it yourself- that AR tech does not come across on video.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
The tech in the Mario Kart ride is neat, but I feel like if you sit behind anyone, it's going to take you out of the experience when you can see their heads behind the AR characters :/

is the yoshi ride the slowest amusement park ride ever made lol

There's tons of slow moving rides like this at Disney like Small World, Little Mermaid, Haunted Mansion, etc. It's not really a "ride" but just a thing to sit in and look at things.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The Mario Kart ride looks incredible, that's going to be amazing with augmented reality combining with the scenery and screens and atmospheric effects to simulate speed.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm Mario Kart looks disappointing. I get that it doesn't come across well on video, but I'm also hearing reviews from people there that it is also kind of disappointing. It looks like the land itself is what makes it great. It looks so full of life and there are games all over the place.

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
No love for the bowser junior attraction? I wasn't expecting that to be so involved compared to the other "challenges". Pretty neat!

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I am a grown man and I shed a tear, I need to go. This park is like being inside my own childhood imagination.

Also, most importantly:

THERE ARE HIDDEN PIKMIN ALL AROUND THE PARK

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Hmm Mario Kart looks disappointing. I get that it doesn't come across well on video, but I'm also hearing reviews from people there that it is also kind of disappointing. It looks like the land itself is what makes it great. It looks so full of life and there are games all over the place.
I'm hearing great reviews from Mario Kart myself. Weird.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Kinda underwhelming. I was hoping the Yoshi ride would be more Yoshi's Island. Instead it's mostly cruising around outside in NSMB/3D World. Love the wait line for it and the brief bit inside though, those parts tickled my nostalgia so hard my eyes watered.

Mario Kart is hard to gauge but it felt like the karts were barely moving.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The had the opportunity to make a Mario Kart ride, and the best they could come up with was some AR-driven ripoff of Men-In-Black Alien Attack. Even a motion-simulator would have been more interesting than this slow, languid cruise through some hallways. Looks about as fast as It's A Small World.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
The actual movement of the ride vehicle in Mario Kart is slow, but at the same time the ride is absolutely bombarding you with characters and enemies and hazards (the AR lightning in Cloudtop Cruise is a great touch for example). In that sense it's much crazier than something like Men in Black. Actually I can't really think of a dark ride that throws this much "stuff" at you in such quick succession, regardless of vehicle speed.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For me, the overriding feeling of Mario Kart as a game isn't speed- it's chaos. The ride appears to deliver on that in spades, in a way that something like a motion simulator never could.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm sure it's fun, but I was honestly expecting the Mario Kart ride to be faster.

I pictured in my head something more akin to the indoor bits of Test Track based on the concept art.

In general Super Nintendo World looks fantastic though!

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
For me, the overriding feeling of Mario Kart as a game isn't speed- it's chaos. The ride appears to deliver on that in spades, in a way that something like a motion simulator never could.

Well put.

Can't wait to see how the unlockable 200cc mode plays that you get for completing all of the challenges scattered around the kingdom though. (/s)

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
imo, the rides look rather disappointing. Yoshi moves at a snail pace, which is great for looking at the life size figures and animatronics, but aside from a good view of the park its pretty dull and boring, that little bit of indoor section is lame.

The Mario Kart ride is also way slower than I wanted it to be. Not sure i like how they turned it into a shooter like Men in Black.

Eulala

Aug 8, 2018
I didn't expect the Mario Kart ride to be a shell-tossing Toy Story Midway Mania scoring type of ride. I thought it would've been more like an AR thrill ride like Harry Potter's Escape from Gringotts. It's so slow but the AR at least makes it look chaotic. Gorgeous practical sets though all around for the attractions. The line queues are especially charming.

Mar 9, 2018
The Bowser Jr game is cool.

They should release that as a standalone game if possible.

But base it around the Koopalings to make it financially successful.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
hard to judge the MK ride given its a mix of set pieces with AR, you miss out on vehicle/environmental effects you can only experience in person. the set design is amazing, it looks fun.

the park looks like a joy to walk around, im really curious to see it at night with the full lighting effect on display.