• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
And to think I was supposed to be in Japan next month to see it already open. :(

Can't wait for the final product and what it looks like!

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It's nuts. There's no theme park land with anything close to the amount of kinetic energy this has.

With Epic Universe delayed, who the hell knows when it will open in Orlando now. Rona pls

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I would love to be a dad, and have this be my project to work on and go home to my children everyday with "You won't believe what we put together today!" OH THE DELIGHT!

It's so wonderful. Happy it's happening at all to be honest. Just hope it's large enough to occupy a whole day of time you know what I mean?

Oct 29, 2017
I seriously don't get why this didn't happen sooner. Nintendo properties seem like such an obvious choice to build a theme park around.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously don't get why this didn't happen sooner. Nintendo properties seem like such an obvious choice to build a theme park around.

I imagine it was the success of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure that convinced them to go with it.

Potter basically changed the playing field of the theme park industry and basically proved the viability of making an entire land dedicated to one IP. Over in the Disney parks you basically see them try to do the same thing with Avatar, Star Wars and Cars.

rajinus

Banned
Sep 2, 2020
Looks insane. I visited Japan last yr, now I have no choice but to go again eventually.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
That looks incredible! I didn't know they'd put so much detail into movement on the edges. They should play this song inside the Bowser section.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I wonder how they would conceptualize a Zelda theme park. A Mario theme park in comparison is easy as its designs and themes are uniform across most games. They obviously have to pick and choose over other installments but by what metric? Sales? Appearances?

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I wonder how they would conceptualize a Zelda theme park. A Mario theme park in comparison is easy as its designs and themes are uniform across most games. They obviously have to pick and choose over other installments but by what metric? Sales? Appearances?
They should have children have to climb the outer walls of the park to get in, armed only with a small paraglider in case they fall. Build in a rainy climate for an authentic experience.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool. I'd love if there was some kind of super mario obstacle course. A lot of the stuff in the vid just looks like window dressing.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Kid me would genuinely freak out seeing this in person. Adult me will do the same.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Looks great. Love the attention to detail.

Gamexplain: "The thwomp kicks out a dust cloud! I don't even think the games go to that extent! Maybe some of the more recent games do."

lol, every game they've been in since Super Mario All-Stars

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Now go an extra step and have a projection of Mario run through the levels every night.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Well this is based very specifically on 3DW with elements from Mario Kart 8 and NSMBU.

Generally the looks are based on the latest games, but Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild are a bit too specific to be representative of the series as a whole. Plans for a Zelda section were just OoT Hyrule. If it were me I'd probably create a totally unique Hyrule as if it was a new game with references to the whole series. Maybe a Hyrule Warriors scenario.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Well this is based very specifically on 3DW with elements from Mario Kart 8 and NSMBU.

Generally the looks are based on the latest games, but Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild are a bit too specific to be representative of the series as a whole. Plans for a Zelda section were just OoT Hyrule. If it were me I'd probably create a totally unique Hyrule as if it was a new game with references to the whole series. Maybe a Hyrule Warriors scenario.

Yeah, that would be pretty boring. I think a mix would be the correct approach; so like the Temple of Time from OoT, the Moon from MM, Windfall Island from WW and so forth. The problem is they can't represent every 2D and 3D Zelda game so it's still a game of pick and choose.

BossDumDrum

Jan 3, 2020
All these moving parts. *Sigh* Wish the one in Hollywood could be finished sooner. But hopefully with the first one in Japan being finished so quickly, maybe the Hollywood one will be made quicker.