• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JSG87

Mar 13, 2018
Ayr, Scotland
I like Geoff and appreciate his trying, but I gotta say this show

AccurateTerrificBlueandgoldmackaw-size_restricted.gif

even if there is some big announcement at the end, that's how I felt about most of it

I feel like it would be better with a live Audience tbf.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
This show is proof that covid hit the industry much harder than we'd imagine. Same reason my expectations are low for Tuesday

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Y'all seemingly had actual expectations for this event lol. For me, any game I'm even remotely interested in is just a bonus.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
How does Stories play like? Classic turn based RPG?
Yes, but the combat is slightly different. It's still turn-based, and your party is you and your current monster. You have the usual basic attacks and consumables, but the core of it is that monster specials are divided into speed/power/technique in a rock/paper/scissors triangle. You have to try and predict what the enemy monster will do to counter it, much like in a Monhun fight. Different monsters lean towards different attacks and combos, and so the more you learn the enemy, the more you work out how to punish them. Build up enough points for winning these head-to-heads in combat and you can ride your monster, becoming one unit, unlocking even more powerful moves and finishers etc.
Outside of that, it's a pretty standard JRPG, but you've got access to flight, swimming, tunnelling etc across the overworld depending on monster abilities, and can see all monsters on the field. You're also looking for caves/nests to grab monster eggs, to raise monsters for your squad, and tinkering with their skill loadouts.

It also does a really good job of fleshing out the world and talking about the difference between the more kid-friendly riders, who bond with monsters, while also not throwing the monster hunters, who remain the in-universe badass hunter guild that they are, under the bus. The game does a cool job of looking at both points of view.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
He's been pretty adamant about seeing Switch as a system for kids. After he took over as head of internal studios, BN support for Switch has declined while pretty much every other major Japanese publisher (outside of perhaps SEGA) has increased.

They're literally the biggest publisher on Switch. In 2020 alone they released 7 big games, all high quality stuff. Maybe newer stuff are arriving late (3 years of Naruto 4 and Ninokuni 2) but they've been doing a great job with the "Encore" line.

jijiji

Jun 4, 2020
I'm surprised there's still 174k people watching the stream. The peak was at 186k and this is extremely boring.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Feels like, outside of Ubisoft and perhaps Square Enix, all the noteworthy Switch announcements in the next week are gonna be at Nintendo's event on Tuesday.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay trailers with narration are so boring. :/

Let me hear the game's soundtrack and let me figure out what this game is all about..

alm0st^_^

Banned
Jan 25, 2020
I dont know how people can hate on Geoff. Look how excited and happy he was to announce this. That had to be a good feeling for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.