• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Man getting a New 3DS XL in good condition these days is damned pricey. I shouldn't have waited.
Out of curiosity, what's the deal with the New 3DS - the non-XL one? I've been browsing 3DS hardware and games and I don't seem to ever see any (at least in my local area + searches).

I'm really late to this stuff, so I'm not keen on the specifics such as release years, release territories, etc. Was it discontinued early, or do people strongly prefer the sharper image (because of the PPI)... both? Something else?

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Banish him, too? Seems fair to me tbh.
Your brother sounds like a smart guy. You should listen to him.
Can we get pld banned?
Yeah. I thought we were brothers. q.q
Even funnier given he's a Switch main himself 😂
Walk towards the light, Imitatio. It's time.
5B88BAF58C65E3EC6D8C643DB06B86621431B515
I've long started believing in our lord and saviour, Gabus.

Dec 2, 2017
Out of curiosity, what's the deal with the New 3DS - the non-XL one? I've been browsing 3DS hardware and games and I don't seem to ever see any.

I'm really late to this stuff, so I'm not keen on the specifics such as release years, release territories, etc. Was it discontinued early, or do people strongly prefer the sharper image (because of the PPI)... both? Something else?

Assuming you're in the states, the regular New 3DS only got a limited release there, after the release of the XL

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Random BOTW thing that I just noticed: footprints will show up on the grass shortly after getting out of the water, but eventually you won't leave any footprints (probably because Link dried off). How this game has so many random details is beyond me at this point.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, what's the deal with the New 3DS - the non-XL one? I've been browsing 3DS hardware and games and I don't seem to ever see any (at least in my local area + searches).

If you are in the US it never got a wide release here. Was only available as part of special bundles, hence, there is not a lot of stock around.

TOM 2

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost Planet Spaceship
Any new implications that we won't see the Pro at E3, but instead, shortly after?

Anyway, I'm still very much looking forward to seeing the new DK (hoping it's a 3D entry), Monkey Ball (never played the others but they do look fun), and Clive & Wrench.

Doubt we'll see any Waverace or the like. I'm just not feeling it.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Out of curiosity, what's the deal with the New 3DS - the non-XL one? I've been browsing 3DS hardware and games and I don't seem to ever see any.

It wasn't released in America until a while after the New 3DS XL's release. Even then I don't think it ever got a 'normal' release there, with it only being released in the form of Limited Editions.

It's also, as someone who does own one, the perfect 3DS experience if you're fine with the smaller size. 240p doesn't look as ass, it's comfy to hold even with fuck-huge hands like mine, it's got 3D unlike the 2DS XL, and it's just really nice to look at. I've got the Wooden Mario faceplate on the black N3DS and it honestly looks nicer than my Switch in my opinion:

A1LAAvK6b3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo E3 2021 Direct

The Direct starts with Shinya Takahashi, Yoshiaki Koizumi and Doug Bowser.

Bowser: "Welcome to Nintendo's E3 Direct. It's been a long time since we saw each other and I wanna extend a heartfelt thanks to my friends at Nintendo - Takahashi-san and Koizumi-san for joining us here at the Nintendo of America headquarters in Redmond. Before we look ahead to the games releasing in the second half of the year and beyond, we will take a look back: If you've followed us for the past year, you've probably noticed that last year was very bad for you but very good for us: Animal Crossing broke records, we sold you Xenoblade Chronicles for like the 5th time, we got you to buy ports of ancient games like Chess and worst of all: We even made you like Musou games."

Takahashi and Koizumi: laugh

Bowser: "The cherry on top - and frankly, we didn't think we'd get away with it - was when 10 millions of you bought a barebones Mario collection we only sold for a limited time for no reason. Don't worry though, those are being sold separately any day now. For sure."

Bowser: "As you can see, we have made so much money over the last year... but we've gotten tired of it. As the undisputed market leader we feel that it's just too easy. So today we want to show to everyone watching this at home how we will move Nintendo forward. Takahashi-san and Koizumi-san, if you please."

Takahashi: "Breath of the Wild 2. (Koizumi: "Check it.") Metroid Prime 4. (Koizumi: "Tell 'em.") Splatoon 3. (Koizumi: "Sheesh!") Pokémon Legends Arceus. (Koizumi: "That's hot!") Bayonetta 3. (Koizumi: "K-Side up in this marioflipper, we run this peach!") We know that our fans have been eagerly awaiting these titles and rest assured, we'll be releasing all of them within the next 18 months. However, as my friend Bowser-chan from Nintendo of America just explained, it has become too easy for us to just release games that people want and expect from us. We know that some of you sneaky rascals have been leaking the next 2D Metroid and a new take on Donkey Kong by our talented Mario team. (Koizumi: "Oh no no no nooooo~"). But from now on those games will only be announced through what our fans have been calling "Twitter Directs" (Koizumi: "Directly to you!"). What about the Direct's though, Koizumi-san?"

Koizumi: "You know, we're sitting here like regular fallas. You do what you do, I do what I gotta do. I like you guys. You keep me hot, sharp, on my toes. But there's a flipside to that coin. Miyamoto-san told me one time 'Never get attached to a game you're not willing to flip the table upon in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.' If it's between making a regular type of game and whatever I wanna do, to challenge myself, I will not hesitate - nah nah nah. Because it keeps me hot, on my toes - where I gotta be. Today we will announce three games with the sole purpose of losing as much money as possible. Maybe you will like them and that's the way it'll be. Or maybe not. Who knows?"

The screen fades to orange and after a few moments we hear the sound of an engine approaching rapidly. The camera pans down to show a the postapocalyptic ruins of a city and we realize that we've been looking up a sky when suddenly a motorcycle speeds past us. We cannot make out who it was but we take chase on a quadrunner. We get closer and closer to the motorbike, ready to take it down when it flips around and shoots us, making us crash into a ditch with our quadrunner going up in flames. As we succumb to the inferno, lying on the ground, our vision blurred, a figure approaches us. Before we can catch a glimpse of who it is, they take out a gun and shoot us in the face. Blood runs down the screen and with it slowly fades in:

Mach Rider 2049
Nintendo × Grasshopper Manufacture

We're now in some sort of workshop, following a person wearing jeans and a white sleeveless shirt from behind. They walk up to a locker to gear up: They put on a holster, a sort of futuristic gun and... a hardhat?!

Eco Shooter: Mother Nature Strikes Back
Nintendo × Intelligent Systems

It's a high-budget reboot of the original WiiWare game. But instead of a lightgun shooter it's now an FPS where you shoot all kinds of enemies based on trash and pollution: Slenderman-like figures made out of wires, octopi with slinkies as arms, massive sludge monsters, centipedes made out of tires and so on. The big twist, as the name implies, is that you also have to defend yourself against nature who is pushing back against the damage caused by humans - without harming the very environment you are trying to save. The game features a campaign that can be played with one friend or numerous cooperative missions for up to four people. It's releasing this year as Nintendo's big holiday game.

We're back with Takahashi, Koizumi and Bowser.

Takahashi: "I hope you enjoyed this year's Nintendo Direct but before we say goodbye we got one more thing to announce."

We're in a living room of a family of four. That's right, it's the Obamas watching TV during the last days of Barack's presidency. There's a newspaper on the coffee table: Trump has been elected as the 45th President of the United States of America. Michelle turns off the TV. "This is a nightmare. An absolute nightmare." Barack lowers his head, shoulders slumped over. "I told you back in April that nothing good will come out of this." Malia and Sasha are sitting on his left. "Daddy, I'm scared", says Sasha, her lower lip trembling as she inches closer to her father. As the older sister Malia tries to stay strong but her words betray her: "Are we going to be ok?" Barack slowly gets up, unable to give his wife or children the safety or comfort they so desperately need. He starts pacing the room until he runs, in a fit of rage, towards the TV. "Barack, no!" shouts Michelle but her husband cannot be stopped. He grabs the TV and hurls it into a corner. His daughters are shrieking. Then he starts punching, slamming with his bare fits against an object obfuscated from our view. With a bone-chilling scream Barack breaks down, out of breath, his bloodied fists too heavy to lift them. Michelle runs toward him. "Honey, are you ok?!" She holds her husband's hand and head, tears rolling down her cheeks. Barack tries to say but Michelle cannot understand him so she moves her ear to his lips. Softly, he says: "We can still fix this. We can change." Fade to black and...

Star Fox Zero Zero
Nintendo × PlatinumGames

Nintendo Direct End

Edengamer25

Aug 29, 2020
Not expecting much honestly. No Switch Pro reveal this month and I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo doesn't want to share any Zelda BOTW 2 or Zelda 35th anniversary news until like August to give Skyward Sword it's time to shine. Betting no Metroid because it's been many years since the last home console Metroid game back on the Wii. I hope I'm wrong.
I dont think Nintendo really cares about BOTW2 news being close to Skyward Sword, they will probably want to show off BOTW2 at E3

babycakin

Nov 2, 2019
Speaking of Raising Cane's, their sweet tea is so good, way better than Chick-fil-A. Sorry, just had to bring that FACT up.

Now about E3, I just want some Bayonetta 3 footage! and BOTW 2 trailer.
(And secretly want RE 7, 8 2R and 3R all to come to Switch Pro)

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017

In the US, only the New 3DS XL got a general release. The regular New 3DS only came out in limited and special editions, so they are extremely rare. You'd have to import one, but keep in mind it is region locked.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Nintendo E3 2021 Direct

Bowser: "Welcome to Nintendo's E3 Direct. It's been a long time since we saw each other and I wanna extend a heartfelt thanks to my friends at Nintendo - Takahashi-san and Koizumi-san for joining us here at the Nintendo of America headquarters in Redmond. Before we look ahead to the games releasing in the second half of the year and beyond, we will take a look back: If you've followed us for the past year, you've probably noticed that last year was very bad for you but very good for us: Animal Crossing broke records, we sold you Xenoblade Chronicles for like the 5th time, we got you to buy ports of ancient games like Chess and worst of all: We even made you like Musou games."

Bowser: "The cherry on top - and frankly, we didn't think we'd get away with it - was when 10 millions of you bought a barebones Mario collection we only sold for a limited time for no reason. Don't worry though, those are being sold separately any day now. For sure."

Bowser: "As you can see, we have made so much money over the last year... but we've gotten tired of it. As the undisputed market leader we feel that it's just too easy. So today we want to show to everyone watching this at home how we will move Nintendo forward. Takahashi-san and Koizumi-san, if you please."

Takahashi: "Breath of the Wild 2. (Koizumi: "Check it.") Metroid Prime 4. (Koizumi: "Tell 'em.") Splatoon 3. (Koizumi: "Sheesh!") Pokémon Legends Arceus. (Koizumi: "That's hot!") Bayonetta 3. (Koizumi: "K-Side up in this marioflipper, we run this peach!") We know that our fans have been eagerly awaiting these titles and rest assured, we'll be releasing all of them within the next 18 months. However, as my friend Bowser-chan from Nintendo of America just explained, it has become too easy for us to just release games that people want and expect from us. We know that some of you sneaky rascals have been leaking the next 2D Metroid and a new take on Donkey Kong by our talented Mario team. (Koizumi: "Oh no no no nooooo~"). But from now on those games will only be announced through what our fans have been calling "Twitter Directs" (Koizumi: "Directly to you!"). What about the Direct's though, Koizumi-san?"

Koizumi: "You know, we're sitting here like regular fallas. You do what you do, I do what I gotta do. I like you guys. You keep me hot, sharp, on my toes. But there's a flipside to that coin. Miyamoto-san told me one time 'Never get attached to a game you're not willing to flip the table upon in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.' If it's between making a regular type of game and whatever I wanna do, to challenge myself, I will not hesitate - nah nah nah. Because it keeps me hot, on my toes - where I gotta be. Today we will announce three games with the sole purpose of losing as much money as possible. Maybe you will like them and that's the way it'll be. Or maybe not. Who knows?"

The screen fades to orange and after a few moments we hear the sound of an engine approaching rapidly. The camera pans down to show a the postapocalyptic ruins of a city and we realize that we've been looking up a sky when suddenly a motorcycle speeds past us. We cannot make out who it was but we take chase on a quadrunner. We get closer and closer to the motorbike, ready to take it down when it flips around and shoots us, making us crash into a ditch with our quadrunner going up in flames. As we succumb to the inferno, lying on the ground, our vision blurred, a figure approaches us. Before we can catch a glimpse of who it is, they take out a gun and shoot us in the face. Blood runs down the screen and with it slowly fades in:

Mach Rider 2049

We're now in some sort of workshop, following a person wearing jeans and a white sleeveless shirt from behind. They walk up to a locker to gear up: They put on a holster, a sort of futuristic gun and... a hardhat?!

It's a high-budget reboot of the original WiiWare game. But instead of a lightgun shooter it's now an FPS where you shoot all kinds of enemies based on trash and pollution: Slenderman-like figures made out of wires, octopi with slinkies as arms, massive sludge monsters, centipedes made out of tires and so on. The big twist, as the name implies, is that you also have to defend yourself against nature who is pushing back against the damage caused by humans - without harming the very environment you are trying to save. The game features a campaign that can be played with one friend or numerous cooperative missions for up to four people. It's releasing this year as Nintendo's big holiday game.

Takahashi: "I hope you enjoyed this year's Nintendo Direct but before we say goodbye we got one more thing to announce."

We're in a living room of a family of four. That's right, it's the Obamas watching TV during the last days of Barack's presidency. There's a newspaper on the coffee table: Trump has been elected as the 45th President of the United States of America. Michelle turns off the TV. "This is a nightmare. An absolute nightmare." Barack lowers his head, shoulders slumped over. "I told you back in April that nothing good will come out of this." Malia and Sasha are sitting on his left. "Daddy, I'm scared", says Sasha, her lower lip trembling as she inches closer to her father. As the older sister Malia tries to stay strong but her words betray her: "Are we going to be ok?" Barack slowly gets up, unable to give his wife or children the safety or comfort they so desperately need. He starts pacing the room until he runs, in a fit of rage, towards the TV. "Barack, no!" shouts Michelle but her husband cannot be stopped. He grabs the TV and hurls it into a corner. His daughters are shrieking. Then he starts punching, slamming with his bare fits against an object obfuscated from our view. With a bone-chilling scream Barack breaks down, out of breath, his bloodied fists too heavy to lift them. Michelle runs toward him. "Honey, are you ok?!" She holds her husband's hand and head, tears rolling down her cheeks. Barack tries to say but Michelle cannot understand him so she moves her ear to his lips. Softly, he says: "We can still fix this. We can change." Fade to black and...

Star Fox Zero Zero
Nintendo × PlatinumGames

Nintendo Direct End
Star Fox Zero Zero Sales

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Nintendo E3 2021 Direct

Mach Rider 2049

Star Fox Zero Zero
Nintendo × PlatinumGames

Nintendo Direct End
This is an ELITE shitpost and I'm in awe of your vision

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Random BOTW thing that I just noticed: footprints will show up on the grass shortly after getting out of the water, but eventually you won't leave any footprints (probably because Link dried off). How this game has so many random details is beyond me at this point.
Yeah they did a great job making the world alive. I don't play the GTA games nor like them when I did try a few. But those games are also pretty good with the little details.

it's fun to try many open worlds and see how some do that stuff. Or choose not too

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Just finished Luigi's Mansion 3 for the first time! Great game, surprised that I bought it but never went back to it until now. The earlier floors were a bit generic so I wasn't engaged initially, but it became really creative as it went on.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Just finished Luigi's Mansion 3 for the first time! Great game, surprised that I bought it but never went back to it until now. The earlier floors were a bit generic so I wasn't engaged initially, but it became really creative as it went on.
Yeah, it's a really excellent game. It's also incredible looking.

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020
I loved the game and its design..but i felt like i was fighting the controls the entire time...the lack of inverted controls almost made me quit (and its nintendo's fault i use inverted controls...star fox!!!) and then theres a whole set of secret trigger controls i switched to half way after reading about it on the net..made it easier..but i dunno why those controls are as complicated as they are.

midori ☾

Feb 4, 2021
It's going to go under the radar this week (understandably!), but I'm really curious to see how the Ninja Gaiden collection is on Switch performance wise

I have very fond memories of the first game, would love to play the full trilogy!

Hopefully no one rips their Switch in half whilst playing them though :p

Spheromancer

Sep 24, 2020
Do you guys buy your Switch games digital or physical? I've been saving a ton by buying just the used cartridge, no case, on ebay. Even for games released like a month ago you can grab them under $40 most of the time. Thats what I love most about the carts instead of discs. Buying a disc online is sketchy but carts are pretty hard to damage enough to the point where they wont work anymore.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Do you guys buy your Switch games digital or physical? I've been saving a ton by buying just the used cartridge, no case, on ebay. Even for games released like a month ago you can grab them under $40 most of the time. Thats what I love most about the carts instead of discs. Buying a disc online is sketchy but carts are pretty hard to damage enough to the point where they wont work anymore.
The bad part is, someone has probably licked them

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
It's going to go under the radar this week (understandably!), but I'm really curious to see how the Ninja Gaiden collection is on Switch performance wise

I have very fond memories of the first game, would love to play the full trilogy!

Hopefully no one rips their Switch in half whilst playing them though :p
Well as long as you have no high expectations of Razor's Edge you'll be fine.

Gamer_Gian

Feb 9, 2020
People seem to be posting their Direct fanfics now so let's give this a shot, gonna try to be realistic, but it's still pretty nuts

Direct begins

We're in a dimly lit courtroom, we faintly see silhouettes of Smash's playable roster in the audience as Bowser is brought up to the podium. He is being convicted of his many crimes (all references to prior Mario games) by some fully voiced anime character, (let's say Palutena) and is about to be convicted as guilty when suddenly...

OBJECTION!

Everyone turns towards a shadowy figure as a remix (or anime rip) of the iconic Cornered theme kicks in

"PHOENIX OBJECTS THE TRIAL!"

Mario is shown visibly upset in the crowd as he charges at Wright, leading to the two clashing fists, cutting to gameplay of the new fighter. The trailer ends with the obvious Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Ace Attorney, but then...

"What's next for the Ace Attorney?"

Right into an AA7 reveal

Doug Bowser welcomes us to Nintendo's 2021 E3 Direct, "Welcome to Nintendo's E3 2021 showcase, I'll be your host Nintendo of America CEO, Doug Bowser. What you just saw was a handful of exciting announcements for Capcom's legendary Ace Attorney series, first of all, the famous attorney, Phoenix Wright will be joining the battle as the next DLC fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The fighter will be launching very soon, so we will debut, "Mr. Sakurai Presents: Phoenix Wright" live as the first block of our Nintendo Treehouse Live at E3. Also, the next mainline entry in the franchise is on its way, see what trials the Phoenix will be in for when Ace Attorney 7 launches October 1st. Now, let's take another look at Splatoon 3, a title we first revealed a few months ago during the last Nintendo Direct."

We then switch to Hisashi Nogami in full Squid Research Lab getup, as he gives us a better look at some of the new features in Splatoon 3. Nothing too crazy is revealed, but we see some new stages and weapons, and get a good 4 minutes of footage to sink our teeth into.

We cut back to Doug Bowser

"Splatoon 3 is shaping up to be the biggest entry in the series, and we can't wait to share more details in the lead up to its release in March 2022. Next, we have a brand new title to reveal that we at Nintendo have been very excited to show, please take a look."

IT'S 2D METROID BABYYYYYYYY. Obviously the rumoured game from Mercury Steam, looks phenomenal. Metroid Dread, available September 10th.

Doug reappears

"We are very happy to announce that a brand new Metroid game will be hitting Nintendo Switch in just a few short months. The game has been shaping very well thanks to the talent at Mercury Steam, who will be showcasing the game on Nintendo Treehouse Live very soon. There are many more games coming to Nintendo Switch in 2021, and we have plenty to announce in today's Nintendo Direct, so let's get right to it."

A few trailers are played sequentially, first up is Bayonetta 3. After 3 years we finally get some gameplay and a release date: October 15th.

Next up is another look at NMH3, great trailer, game's still coming August 27th.

Then, the reveal of Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania. It contains every level from the first two Super Monkey Ball titles, plus a boatload of brand new levels. The game also features all of the party games from the second game, plus four new ones. All of the party games also have online play. The game launches November 2nd.

The next trailer begins with a few bird's eye shots of fantastical environments that seem to be under attack, flames everywhere, giant beasts roaming, disastrous weather. This footage is narrated by a woman who sounds distressed about it, constantly referring to someone who is the only one who can help. We see the woman (very detailed, realistically proportioned) ask, "Please, will you help us?" The camera pans over to who she's looking at, slowly tilting downwards to reveal... KIRBY! The pink puff responds cheerfully, running away as we cut to gameplay and it's FULLY 3D! Kirby's running around these sandbox-like, but still linear course based environments as a fantastical orchestral track plays (could be a new song or a remix). We cut to a cutscene of Kirby in Castle Dedede asking for help and Dedede (fully voiced by the great Ted Lewis of course) gladly accepts as we see gameplay of him running alongside the pink puff in multiplayer, showing that the game supports up to four players in multiplayer. Kirby: Star Warrior releases in 2022.

We cut to Shinya Takahashi

"Hi, I'm Shinya Takahashi from Nintendo, what you just saw was the beginning of a new era for Kirby. Kirby Star Warrior is a fresh take on the Kirby series, bringing the series into 3D for the first time ever, completely reworking everything that has become a mainstay in the series. We're looking forward to sharing more once we get closer to its release date in 2022."
"Next, I'd like to share some more information on some of the upcoming entries in the Pokemon series that were announced earlier this year. First of all, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, and Pokemon Shinning Pearl will be releasing on the Nintendo Switch later this year. These faithful remakes of the Nintendo DS originals will come with a few new bells and whistles, such as the return of Mega Evolutions. In fact, there will even be new forms for the regions starters, Infernape, Torterra, and Empoleon. More changes and additions will be revealed in the lead up to the title's release on November 19th."
"And releasing next year, Pokemon Legends Arceus gives a brand new style of Pokemon, one where action meets RPG in the Sinnoh of a distant past. The open region of Sinnoh will be yours to explore when the game launches on January 28th 2022."
"Oh, and one more thing, both of these titles will be compatible with Pokemon Home at launch, allowing you to transfer anything caught in these games over to Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield, or any future mainline release, that way all of your prized Pokemon can battle alongside one another, regardless of where they were caught. We've got plenty more to reveal, so let's keep this up."

The next game is some FE remake, idk which one. Out Holiday 2021.

Sonic Colours Ultimate gets a new trailer, whatever

King's Bounty 2 release date (just put this one here cuz I'm tired of seeing it at the bottom of the coming soon section of the Eshop, it's been there for a year:'( )

Super Mario Party 2 is announced next. Game looks good, same engine and animations as the last game. The boards look much better and we actually see more of them in the trailer. This could actually be a good Mario Party but who knows, game's due out on October 8th.

We then cut to Yoshiaki Koizumi

"Hello, I'm Yoshiaki Koizumi from Nintendo. How are you enjoying our E3 2021 Nintendo Direct so far? Many of our biggest teams are hard at work on exciting new experiences for Nintendo Switch, in fact, for the past few years I have been leading the development in a brand new title in one of Nintendo's longest-running franchises, and we're finally ready to show what we've been working on. And if you listen, you may hear it coming."

Screen fades to white, clearing up to reveal some jungle. The camera pans around before fixating on a cave, closed off by rocks. We hear multiple earth-shattering punches, before the cave opens up, obscuring everyone's view, until parting to reveal Donkey Kong! A bombastic orchestral rendition of the island swing kicks in as the gorilla shouts, running off-screen into an open 3D world. We see DK platform around many environments we've come to expect from the franchise, the jungle, some beaches, mining shafts and even some pirate ships. The trailer goes on to reveal the other Songs have all been magically transformed into weapons to be used by the Kremling army, however, DK is able to reclaim these weapons to use against the Kremling corps, we see a large mallet-like Diddy swung around, a cane turned mace and bearded shield representing Cranky, and a bow and arrow reminiscent of Dixie. Animal buddies also make an appearance, as we see Rambi, Enguarde and Squawks all get ample screen time, even shown being used in tandem with the Kong weapons. The trailer also showcases the game's villains, the Kremlings, and of course, K. Rool, now dawning the persona of Mayor K. Rool, attempting to win an up-and-coming New Donk City election (yes this would be a level in the game). This absolutely bonkers idea seems like the exact way a team as out-of-the box as EPD 8 would tackle a new Donkey Kong. Super Donkey Kong (Known as Donkey Kong Country in Japan) launches November 5th.

Koizumi returns to talk about the game

"What you just saw was the newest instalment in the Donkey Kong franchise, developed entirely by the team who brought you titles like Super Mario 3D World, and Super Mario Odyssey. Super Donkey Kong is an attempt to try out the series in 3D for the first time since Donkey Kong 64 back in 1999. Many characters and elements from older Donkey Kong games make their grand return in Super Donkey Kong, such as a wide assortment of animal buddies or the notorious Kremlings and their commander, Mayor K. Rool? Find out what you'll be in store for in Donkey Kong's newest adventure when Super Donkey Kong launches exclusively on Nintendo Switch on November 5th."
"There are still a few more games left to talk about, but first, let's take a look at some other titles you can play on Nintendo Switch in the near future."

Cuts to third party sizzle reel, but then...

Fade from black, it's Eji Aonuma

"Hello, I am Eji Aonuma, the producer of The Legend of Zelda series. This year marks the 35th anniversary since the reveal of the Legend of Zelda on the Famicom Disk System, and we plan to release The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD very soon. We have also been hard at work on the sequel to The Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild. We know that everyone has been looking forward to more information on this title..."

Long pause

"So... Here you go."

Okay look, I'm not the biggest Zelda fan, but just imagine some really cool trailer, like we see there's new stuff in the overworld, maybe some underground stuff. Ganondorf's there for sure though, and maybe he's voiced by some known VA or actor, Nintendo's totally got the money for that. Like imagine Ganondorf voiced by someone like J.K. Simmons (Okay maybe not the best pick but it'd be cool). It's just called The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild II, given the vague 2022 release window.

Cut back to Koizumi, who signs off, but lets us know that a legendary developer at Nintendo has a project he's been hard at work on that is ready to be shown.

We cut to Shigeru Miyamoto

"Hi, I'm Shigeru Miyamoto, some of you might know me as the creator of some of Nintendo's biggest franchises like Super Mario. Lately, I have been hard at work bringing Nintendo series' like Mario to life in mediums outside of video games, like the recently opened Super Nintendo World, or upcoming Super Mario movie being done with Illumination Studios. But that doesn't mean I've stopped working on games with Nintendo, in fact, there's one game I have been hard at work on, and is finally nearing completion. I know fans have been waiting FOREVER for this, so please, take a look."

"we've been trapped on it, profited off of it, and even managed to extract vital resources from it. Now we return on our most ambitious mission yet, we will colonize it"

Pikmin 4, launching 2022.

That's it, that's the Direct, Imma go work on my tech CPT now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.