• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
I once said that the Wind Waker soundtrack is really good because I felt bad about you guys always getting your knickers in a twist about me telling the truth about the game. But having revisited the soundtrack just recently, I have to say that outside of Dragon Roost Island, Outset Island and the mini-boss theme it left me pretty cold. Same with Twilight Princess. OoT and MM though? *chefkiss*
Dardan "wakes up and chooses violence" Sandiego

Wdym? Anything that isn't western diatonic standard isn't real "music"
Did you (or anyone else) see that tweet along the lines of "listening to video game music is for kids, grow up and listen to real music"? It got appropriately dogpiled but damn what an embarrassment of a take.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
WWs' dungeons' themes are not so good, ngl... But there's also Windfall Island's theme (nice nod to Kakariko's), Hyrule Castle's theme (excellent version), Ganon's Castle theme and the final Battle theme also (absolutely fucking EPIC). When it comes to Twilight Princess, i've been listening to its OST these days and i was surprised at the many beautiful songs i've completely forgotten about. "Courage", "Meet Ilia" etc.

I'm not gonna try to explain it in technical terms but I find my enjoyment of Zelda music to be highly dependent on the tone the game sets out to convey and both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess just don't resonate with me on that level.

In any case, at least we can all agree that the Metroid Prime series has the best soundtracks ever.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
I think if it were to be shortly there would be more noise. Maybe Thursday or Friday.
Nah. I expect it in July.
I see we're transitioning slowley in the acceptance phase.
Ok never mind. Back to the hypetrain!

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why would people get mad about that (more than usual)?

A sizeable amount of ERA doesn't seem to like time being spent on Pokemon or Smash and people tend to get extra sensitive during E3. There are always at least 1 post with "Why is Reggie/Doug/Bill/ect wasting time with a skit. Show us games!!!!!!"

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a big of the Split Pad Pro tbh.

Buttons are too clickety and it's too hollow & light.

I much prefer the tighter construction of the Joycons, I just wish they wouldn't drift.

Aug 25, 2019

Nintendalerts always very reliable. The Ratchet bundle that was found in the same retailer's database than the Pro was just announced for 569€ (it was shown as 599€ on the database while the Pro was 399€).

This is scary and I think it means the Switch Pro will be announced soon and I'm SCARED. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

can someone please explain it to me?

Aug 25, 2019
1623083138104.png

Just saw this image, idk if it means anything
*Martin H wants to know your location*

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
A sizeable amount of ERA doesn't seem to like time being spent on Pokemon or Smash and people tend to get extra sensitive during E3. There are always at least 1 post with "Why is Reggie/Doug/Bill/ect wasting time with a skit. Show us games!!!!!!"
"Hmmm we only have time for either one more skit or a BOTW2 trailer. Well guess the trailer gotta be delayed to another day." -Nintendo, probably

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm weirdly not really feeling any E3 hype this year. I feel like it will heavily disappoint, and I don't just mean Nintendo's direct.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I mean no matter what Nintendo shows ERA will be angry. Pokemon? Angry. ARMs 2 instead of a new Mario Kart? Angry. Mario Kart instead of ARMs 2? Angry. 2d DK instead of 3d? Angry. 3d DK instead of 2d DK? Angry. Smash taking more than 3 minutes? Angry. Smash character is a sword user? Angry. Smash character isn't *insert fan favorite*? Angry. I could go on and on with potential scenerios that would happen on the 15th.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I have seen the light: Hori Split Pad is legit. Fuck Joycons. They even have the bracket on the back of the Joycon rail to help stabilize the system. Why did Nintendo never make something like this?!

I wish they would have so it could have proper gyro and rumble.
literally got my MH Rise-lookin ones in the mail today

stoked to try them after work

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Dardan "wakes up and chooses violence" Sandiego

Did you (or anyone else) see that tweet along the lines of "listening to video game music is for kids, grow up and listen to real music"? It got appropriately dogpiled but damn what an embarrassment of a take.
Oof. The funny thing about getting a formal education in music is that it either destroys your elitism or you fail miserably

Any time I see people give shit takes like that I just see a giant waving flag announcing their musical ignorance

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I'm weirdly not really feeling any E3 hype this year. I feel like it will heavily disappoint, and I don't just mean Nintendo's direct.
Im feeling the same tbh. I feel like covid hit harder than people realize especially Japanese studios. I'll most likely get at least one game I want announced so I'm not completely bummed out but definitely no hype.
Will this thread last till E3?
Definitely not but mods said they will discuss if this one will go longer so the next one is closer to E3.

brykuhn91

Oct 27, 2017
I mean no matter what Nintendo shows ERA will be angry. Pokemon? Angry. ARMs 2 instead of a new Mario Kart? Angry. Mario Kart instead of ARMs 2? Angry. 2d DK instead of 3d? Angry. 3d DK instead of 2d DK? Angry. Smash taking more than 3 minutes? Angry. Smash character is a sword user? Angry. Smash character isn't *insert fan favorite*? Angry. I could go on and on with potential scenerios that would happen on the 15th.
I actually think its much more simple than that for 80% of Nintendo fans. If BotW 2 is given a sizable trailer and has strong presence with a release date than most fans will be happy. If BotW 2 is a no show or has a very minor update most will be upset. Obviously not all Nintendo fans are fans of Zelda so even if it does show up some could be unhappy but I think that is a minority for E3 watching public.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Will this thread last till E3?
We're extending it a bit, but the plan is for the next thread to be when E3 happens. Or maybe we'll switch over partway through E3 (but before Nintendo's Direct). It's really up to Kevin!
I would be angry at every single one of these! What's your score?

I am kidding please no one take this seriously

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
I feel if Nintendo shows at least two of the games that have been MIA for a while plus 2 to 3 nice surprises, fan will be happy. I wasn't here nor on Twitter on 2019, but on the Facebook groups I participate and friends that are fans, were extremely happy.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Definitely not but mods said they will discuss if this one will go longer so the next one is closer to E3.
Mods got back to us and already gave their blessing!
I actually think its much more simple than that for 80% of Nintendo fans. If BotW 2 is given a sizable trailer and has strong presence with a release date than most fans will be happy. If BotW 2 is a no show or has a very minor update most will be upset. Obviously not all Nintendo fans are fans of Zelda so even if it does show up some could be unhappy but I think that is a minority for E3 watching public.
You're giving people too much credit. Sure, they say that now, but if a 40 minute Direct has only one game they care about (let's say with a 5 minute timeslot), they will riot.

It happens every time. No matter how much cool shit is announced or shown, people invariably focus on the middle 10 minutes which isn't as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.