• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
I'll give you the FVII Remake deep dive, but at that point I just wanted to see the game come out since they have been focusing too much on it. The avengers reveal was terrible especially considering the models looked incredibly bad lol. That game looked like dud day one tbh. Shadowbringer trailer may have been cool, but I didn't play it.

2019 was not memorable at least to me.

Well if the announcements weren't for you, fair enough. Honestly I haven't found any Nintendo presentation memorable (Direct, announcement, E3, etc) since 2019's E3

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Yeah, I'm proud of us. I've started just reporting the drive-bys and not responding, it has worked pretty well lol

Check the threadmarks - there's reason to believe the "before E3" timeframe may have been a miscommunication. We'll get the news eventually so don't be too disappointed if we get nothing next week too!

Yeah I am not pressed at all. Based on Bloomberg's reports, the device is real so that's enough for me at this point.

Tinarg

Jan 13, 2020
Wow that is one hot take. It just occurred to me that I hate every temple in MM yet I love the game anyway. That's what we call a classic example of Stockholm Syndrome.

It's soooo good though. For me it ticks all the boxes of what a Zelda dungeon should be. You've got that starting room that acclimates you to the water current mechanic before you're unceremoniously dumped in the main room and left to figure stuff out for yourself. Any changes made to the main room have tiny ramifications that affect every single room in the dungeon and you've got to slowly piece everything together in your head before you can make real progress. You're encouraged to appreciate the dungeon as one giant inner-locking mechanism instead of blindly taking rooms one at a time. And when you're finally comfortable with the dungeon layout, BOOM: Ice Arrows. Now you can make floating ice platforms wherever you want and all the rooms you've already "cleared" are suddenly recontextualized.

The theming too. It encapsulates that feeling of something being "off" that I love so much about the classic zeldas. You're lost in this giant alien-esque facility that's been running for thousands of years for all we know, untouched by humanity and infested with bizarre creatures. Remember those weird veiny hands underwater that tried to strangle you if you got too close?
That soundtrack really drove the atmosphere home:

The dungeon boss did kinda suck though

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Yeah I am not pressed at all. Based on Bloomberg's reports, the device is real so that's enough for me at this point.
This is a good attitude to have. Remember as well that the September/October timeline given in the Bloomberg article is still very likely.
My favorite part of today honestly. When it reached fever pitch

Actually I take that back

My favorite part of today was when they misspelled #GameBuilderGarage and deleted it

and then tweeted it again like six hours later
Don't forget the fact that the second Tweet had another typo lol

GrislyRaccoon

Apr 30, 2021
It's soooo good though. For me it ticks all the boxes of what a Zelda dungeon should be. You've got that starting room that acclimates you to the water current mechanic before you're unceremoniously dumped in the main room and left to figure stuff out for yourself. Any changes made to the main room have tiny ramifications that affect every single room in the dungeon and you've got to slowly piece everything together in your head before you can make real progress. You're encouraged to appreciate the dungeon as one giant inner-locking mechanism instead of blindly taking rooms one at a time. And when you're finally comfortable with the dungeon layout, BOOM: Ice Arrows. Now you can make floating ice platforms wherever you want and all the rooms you've already "cleared" are suddenly recontextualized.

The theming too. It encapsulates that feeling of something being "off" that I love so much about the classic zeldas. You're lost in this giant alien-esque facility that's been running for thousands of years for all we know, untouched by humanity and infested with bizarre creatures. Remember those weird veiny hands underwater that tried to strangle you if you got too close?
That soundtrack really drove the atmosphere home:

The dungeon boss did kinda suck though

While short Ikana Castle was my favourite part of that game. Always wondered what could be done more to that dungeon if they ever did some sort of remake for majoras mask.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
I don't think we're really out of the 2020 news drought yet. The only games we know are coming this year right now are Game Builder Garage and Mario Golf.

Hopefully E3 fills out the schedule with some big titles so we can actually end the drought of core games and news that has been going on since the end of 2019

I feel like its been this way for years. Nintendo for some reason has decided they only want to anounce games within a few months of release and stuff keeps getting delayed

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
Did the "neat" thing ever end up happening? I know it was supposed to be something small but I'm curious.

Also assuming that the Super Switch gets announced later this summer, that seems like it might open a window for a pokemon direct. Would be cool to see some new Arceus footage.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Did the "neat" thing ever end up happening? I know it was supposed to be something small but I'm curious.

Also assuming that the Super Switch gets announced later this summer, that seems like it might open a window for a pokemon direct. Would be cool to see some new Arceus footage.
Neat stuff happens every month

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017

No. Still waiting on it.

coolcam52

Jan 14, 2019
I feel like its been this way for years. Nintendo for some reason has decided they only want to anounce games within a few months of release and stuff keeps getting delayed
It's been a bit of a thing during the Switch era but it's never been this bad. Going into E3 2019 we had Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Super Mario Maker 2, Pokemon Sword and Shield, Link's Awakening and Astral Chain dated for the year. Going into E3 2021 we'll have literally nothing new dated for the rest of 2021 except for Mario Golf

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Genuinely astounded at the mood in here right now. Everyone doing their part to keep it chill and conversational is awesome
The people who are in the thread right now are the regulars, who are generally not the people who seem eager to shit on insiders the precise second things don't happen the way they "promised."

Frankly, it doesn't matter that much to me if they announce the thing a week before E3 or a couple weeks after. Either way, it's probably shipping September at the earliest, like the Switch Lite did – I don't think they'd release it in, like, August. And we know it's coming. So I can wait.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I said this in the other thread, if anything happens at CT, it will probably just be a splash page teaser.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
It's been a bit of a thing during the Switch era but it's never been this bad. Going into E3 2019 we had Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Super Mario Maker 2, Pokemon Sword and Shield, Link's Awakening and Astral Chain dated for the year. Going into E3 2021 we'll have literally nothing new dated for the rest of 2021 except for Mario Golf

COVID really has hit Nintendo hard, possibly the hardest out of the major console leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.