• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
No, I don't know all the contents. But I have enough of a general idea of 2021/2022 intents to form an educated opinion based on potential showing. Could be a 0/10. Could be a 20/10. Depends what they actually deliver.
Pretty much SMTV, BotW2, and a Smash character (doesn't matter what) are the only things I really want out of it.

Akoig

Sep 4, 2020
Monolith Soft is set to premier one new title at Nintendo's E3 2021 Direct. It's either going to be Xenoblade 3 or Xenoblade X2. Which do you choose?
Easily Xenoblade X2, but I also want a new IP, if possible, so I'd choose that over the other options.

I also wonder if we'll get to know what Grezzo has been working on aside of the contributions with Miitopia?

Llobregós

Feb 18, 2020
Barcelona
Regardless of when the Stwotch is announced: Every day it passes, we are one day closer to having it in our hands. That is independent of the date of announcement. So just enjoy the ride!

Just to mention videogames (not Nintendo but lol): today I finally finished RDR2. While I was a bit lukewarm to it at the beginning, the last half of the game really captivated me. Not my favourite game this year, but a masterpiece nonetheless.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
God damn, I actually forgot about SMT V again already. Yikes!!

Maybe we'll see more of MH Stories 2 as well? 🤔

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
What would definitely indicate a 2022 release then? Well, besides no announcements for the revision at all in 2021.
let's assume Nintendo release the Switch Pro in march 2022 as the latest possible option, I'd say we'd have to wait until January at the very least for a reveal unless they were bold and decided to reveal it during TGA which I find highly unlikely.

But again if production starts right now or already started, I think we'll get the Pro released this year.

Darrilium

Jan 3, 2020
User warned: ignoring staff post re. insider metacommentary
Stay positive. A week ago we were expecting that Switch Pro will launch very late this year or even not be released until next year.
The outlook that we get an E3 with a lot of showcases and a possible new hardware announcement very soon is already very exciting.
Looks like it ain't making 2021 either.

"Things change" lol. Pathetic.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
What "insider" has been saying that for the past 15 months...?

I haven't been keeping track of the authors and publications. I just know that since last year there have been multiple instances of the announcements being "imminent" and the timeframe window was weeks not months. I'm desensitized and jaded from the rumors at this point, and whenever it drops it drops but I don't trust any time frame rumors anymore

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright so now that Switch Pro is dead (I'm kidding, I'm kidding), let's talk about E3. My wishlist consists entirely of 5 minutes of Breath of the Wild 2 stuff, so if we get that, I'm in for 35 minutes of bonus stuff, which sounds awesome.
I'm hoping for Botw2 with a 2021 release date and a good look at gameplay, Donkey Kong, Bayonetta 3, some interesting third-party reveals, Metroid, a Smash reveal and then a couple of interesting smaller projects from Nintendo such as a new Wario Ware.

Get rid of Donkey Kong and Bayonetta 3 from that list and that's roughly what I expect we'll see, though maybe with a Botw2 2022 release date instead.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
I guess I may as well keep doing this with other Directs, lol

Nintendo February 2019 Direct (36:45):

Super Mario Maker 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
Box Boy! + Box Girl!
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Version 3.0
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker DLC
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Tsum Tsum Festival
Starlink: Battle For Atlas (Starfox content)
RuneFactory 4 Special
RuneFactory 5
Oninaki
Yoshi's Crafted World
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Tetris 99
Dead by Daylight
Deltarune
Daemon X Machina
GRID Autosport
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Astral Chain
Link's Awakening
23 total. Y'all are right, this one was a banger.

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
I haven't been keeping track of the authors and publications. I just know that since last year there have been multiple instances of the announcements being "imminent" and the timeframe window was weeks not months. I'm desensitized and jaded from the rumors at this point, and whenever it drops it drops but I don't trust any time frame rumors anymore
OK. Hope an announcement is soon anyways.

SupremeBum01

Apr 5, 2021
I can confirm the hardware revision was set to be announced this week but was delayed due to disagreements about the name. It will now be called the Nintendo Fuck.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018

This has never been true before now unless you're comparing random 4chan leaks to actual insiders.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
let's assume Nintendo release the Switch Pro in march 2022 as the latest possible option, I'd say we'd have to wait until January at the very least for a reveal unless they were bold and decided to reveal it during TGA which I find highly unlikely.

But again if production starts right now or already started, I think we'll get the Pro released this year.
If the production really starts right now then we will get to know very soon more information about it trough leaks, regardless if Nintendo announces it now or next year.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Bruh why are y'all upset - we're weeks away from big nintendo news and a cool switch revision is coming earlier than expected. Life is good! Who cares whether it's announced tonight otherwise? It's coming and it's excitingggg

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I thought quite the opposite. If E3 2019 wasn't great to you, that makes me even more excited for 2021, lol.
I think it was mainly good because 2019 had a big and diverse line-up in general. We were going into this Direct knowing that MM2 was right around the corner, LM3, Pokémon, LA Remake and Astral Chain were coming out later and they provided a first look at animal crossing. Doug Bowser said that they got games for everyone, and that Direct really showed that. It was great to watch especially with the others at E3 not really delivering.

You must admit though, in terms of new reveals it was very bare with basically no new 1st party announcement. Zelda of course being the big exception, that was a great surprise.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Yes, that's the copium people are taking right now.
So you legitimately believe a Switch revision doesn't exist? Not at all?
"Insiders" keep saying we're days away from a reveal, and that window closes. Rinse lather repeat for the past 15 months
All they've said is a reveal will happen this summer for release in Sep/Oct. The console is entering production + assembly this month. Is that hard to believe?

So many drive-bys. Read the mod's threadmark or get banned.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
2 was not a disappointment at all, in fact its better than the original. 2 is a 9.5 while 1 is an 8.5. Still, both are great games.
Ah, someone with an enlightened opinion.

Honestly XC:DE as my first experience with XC1 was a disappointment despite it being a good to great game overall. People kept saying it was so much better than 2 and boy did it not live up to that

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
2 was not a disappointment at all, in fact its better than the original. 2 is a 9.5 while 1 is an 8.5. Still, both are great games.

Personally was heavily disappointed in 2 despite still enjoying it enough. It's too iterative in game design, story is predictable and character designs awful. Also filled with some dreadfully sexist writing.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
If it's starting production this month then that's all the more reason for it to come out next year. Unless it's Nintendo plan to debut this console with not too many units. Getting this console will be harder then getting a ps5 .

That sounds like the plan, yes.

As a quick aside, it also does not take super long for a product to go from a production line to sitting in a warehouse awaiting sale. Microsoft's next-gen consoles were reported late to hit production last year, but my launch Series X was manufactured in September, two months before it made its way to my home.

With that said, the issue, as you mentioned, is the amount of stock available. If Nintendo wanted millions of units to be available at launch in every region, then it would need a few months to get there. I often see 1 million units a month as an average for production output. So, if that holds true here, that that means 1 million in July, 2 by August, 3 by September, etc. Some reporting said it might launch in September, which feels wayyy too soon. But maybe Nintendo doesn't give a shit about shortages. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.