• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spheromancer

Sep 24, 2020
"Hello everyone. Thank you for tuning in to today's Nintendo Direct. I'm Doug Bowser, although you may have noticed that I have taken on the appearance of Linkle, the plucky heroine from the Hyrule Warriors game for Wii U and Nintendo Switch. There's a reason for that, so please stay tuned to find out why. With that said, let's start with an exciting announcement from our partners at Capcom."

"So, what did you think? The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages games made a colorful splash on the Game Boy Color game systems when they originally released 20 years ago. We're happy to be reuniting with Capcom and Pure Sound Inc. to lovingly restore these memorable adventures to life for a brand new generation of fans of the Legend of Zelda games. Excitingly, you can return to the realms of Holodrum and Labrynna on September 30th. You'll be able to preorder Oracle of Seasons X and Oracle of Ages Y starting immediately after this event, so stay tuned."

"That was rather unexpected, wasn't it? I didn't expect to see vintage footage of Miyamoto-san on stage and dressed like Link at a press conference from over a decade ago! Miyamoto-san, why did you choose to show us this? He says it's because he wanted us to feel reminiscent of simpler times as we announce the Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker & Twilight Princess HD game for Switch, out in early 2022. You'll be able to experience two epic journeys with remarkably different aesthetics but the same heart and soul that has made Link and Zelda such iconic characters for 35 years. Set sail with the King of Red Lions or join Princess Midna as Wolf Link. Defeat not one, but two, Ganondorfs! Please anticipate more information on exclusive tie-in items for the Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker & Twilight Princess HD game."

"Hello! We hope you're enjoying today's Nintendo Direct so far. I guess it's time I reveal to you why I look like Linkle. Take a look! I'm actually seeing the world mirrored back at me through the power of Nintendo Labo 2. Pretty cool, huh? With Nintendo Labo 2, I can transform my reality into artificial reality. Even cooler, we'll be launching exclusive games for Nintendo Labo 2 to take advantage of the full power of cardboard in the months to come, beginning with The Legend of Linkle, an all-new AR title exploring the land of Reverserule -- it may look a lot like your own neighborhood, but try to steer clear of the Octoroks and other nasties who might just spring up from familiar roads and ditches. Be careful, Linkle! Nintendo Labo 2 and the Legend of Linkle game will release immediately after this broadcast, so please feel free to purchase them posthaste."

"And now on to our next title. Many of you may be wondering what new content may be in store for you with the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl games, out November 19th for the Nintendo Switch. While we'll be discussing more fun features about these games at a later date, I'd like to take this unique opportunity to reveal a brand new postgame episode available to trainers who have completed their quest to "be the very best" and become the ruling Champion of the Sinnoh Region. In Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl, top trainers may encounter a strange egg after completing the main scenario. But the egg does not belong to a Pokémon. I repeat: this is not a Pokémon! Say hello to the Wind Fish, from the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening game and its gorgeous 2019 remake. Guide the Wind Fish through a new island off the coast of Sinnoh where Team Galactic has set up bases inside multiple miniature dungeons crawling with enemies from The Legend of Zelda franchise of video games. You may learn more about the legendary Arceus if you can wake the Wind Fish and save this mysterious new island. The Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl games release on November 19th for the Nintendo Switch."

"Speaking of Arceus, we have another special announcement in store for you today. 23 years ago, players were enchanted with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. For decades, that enchantment has endured. Now, it is my pleasure to tell you that a remake is in development for certain undisclosed high-end hardware systems. Please take a look at early footage."

"What did you think? We know the Ocarina of Time game is near and dear in many hearts, so we want to make sure we do it justice with a modern reimagining. As such, it may be some time before we can discuss this project with you in further detail. I hope you'll understand that this is a passion project full of newfound fun and nostalgic charm. We think you'll really enjoy it, so please bear with us as we work hard to deliver something special."

"We're about finished with today's Nintendo Direct, but I do have one more exciting announcement. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 game now has a launch trailer as well as a downloadable date of June 16th, 2021. Goodness, that's tomorrow, isn't it, Miyamoto-san? Miyamoto-san says hai, it is indeed tomorrow. What about our marketing campaign, Miyamoto-san? Aren't we supposed to slowly trickle out information? Shouldn't top gaming magazines compete for feature articles and highly-anticipated previews? Will reviewers even have time to review this game? Not to worry, you say?! People will be happy to be able to play the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild immediately? Well, I suppose you know best, Miyamoto-san! That's right, you can purchase the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2, right now on the Nintendo eShop and start playing at midnight Pacific Standard Time. We hope you'll enjoy Link and Zelda's next great adventure because you'll be going in blind. 'Going in blind?' What do you mean, Miyamoto-san? We'll be required to blindfold ourselves? Oh! Miyamoto-san says that's because there have been no press previews or any other preliminary information. Everyone will begin their journey to save Hyrule on an even playing field, thanks to 'Original Air Design,' as Miyamoto-san calls it. He wanted to rekindle the feeling of the very first Legend of Zelda game when nobody knew anything and everybody was blind. Not literally blind, I hope! Please enjoy The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 game tomorrow."

"At Nintendo, we understand that fans of the Mario games, Fire Emblem games, Xenoblade games, and more may be wondering what's in store for their favorite franchises in the future. As such,"

"We hope you've enjoyed the Direct! We'll have even more information on upcoming Legend of Zelda games in the weeks and months to come, so please look forward to it."

Great. Now that you did this it has a 0% chance of being true. I hope you're proud of yourself.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
"Hello everyone. Thank you for tuning in to today's Nintendo Direct. I'm Doug Bowser, although you may have noticed that I have taken on the appearance of Linkle, the plucky heroine from the Hyrule Warriors game for Wii U and Nintendo Switch. There's a reason for that, so please stay tuned to find out why. With that said, let's start with an exciting announcement from our partners at Capcom."

"So, what did you think? The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages games made a colorful splash on the Game Boy Color game systems when they originally released 20 years ago. We're happy to be reuniting with Capcom and Pure Sound Inc. to lovingly restore these memorable adventures to life for a brand new generation of fans of the Legend of Zelda games. Excitingly, you can return to the realms of Holodrum and Labrynna on September 30th. You'll be able to preorder Oracle of Seasons X and Oracle of Ages Y starting immediately after this event, so stay tuned."

"That was rather unexpected, wasn't it? I didn't expect to see vintage footage of Miyamoto-san on stage and dressed like Link at a press conference from over a decade ago! Miyamoto-san, why did you choose to show us this? He says it's because he wanted us to feel reminiscent of simpler times as we announce the Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker & Twilight Princess HD game for Switch, out in early 2022. You'll be able to experience two epic journeys with remarkably different aesthetics but the same heart and soul that has made Link and Zelda such iconic characters for 35 years. Set sail with the King of Red Lions or join Princess Midna as Wolf Link. Defeat not one, but two, Ganondorfs! Please anticipate more information on exclusive tie-in items for the Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker & Twilight Princess HD game."

"Hello! We hope you're enjoying today's Nintendo Direct so far. I guess it's time I reveal to you why I look like Linkle. Take a look! I'm actually seeing the world mirrored back at me through the power of Nintendo Labo 2. Pretty cool, huh? With Nintendo Labo 2, I can transform my reality into artificial reality. Even cooler, we'll be launching exclusive games for Nintendo Labo 2 to take advantage of the full power of cardboard in the months to come, beginning with The Legend of Linkle, an all-new AR title exploring the land of Reverserule -- it may look a lot like your own neighborhood, but try to steer clear of the Octoroks and other nasties who might just spring up from familiar roads and ditches. Be careful, Linkle! Nintendo Labo 2 and the Legend of Linkle game will release immediately after this broadcast, so please feel free to purchase them posthaste."

"And now on to our next title. Many of you may be wondering what new content may be in store for you with the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl games, out November 19th for the Nintendo Switch. While we'll be discussing more fun features about these games at a later date, I'd like to take this unique opportunity to reveal a brand new postgame episode available to trainers who have completed their quest to "be the very best" and become the ruling Champion of the Sinnoh Region. In Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl, top trainers may encounter a strange egg after completing the main scenario. But the egg does not belong to a Pokémon. I repeat: this is not a Pokémon! Say hello to the Wind Fish, from the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening game and its gorgeous 2019 remake. Guide the Wind Fish through a new island off the coast of Sinnoh where Team Galactic has set up bases inside multiple miniature dungeons crawling with enemies from The Legend of Zelda franchise of video games. You may learn more about the legendary Arceus if you can wake the Wind Fish and save this mysterious new island. The Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl games release on November 19th for the Nintendo Switch."

"Speaking of Arceus, we have another special announcement in store for you today. 23 years ago, players were enchanted with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. For decades, that enchantment has endured. Now, it is my pleasure to tell you that a remake is in development for certain undisclosed high-end hardware systems. Please take a look at early footage."

"What did you think? We know the Ocarina of Time game is near and dear in many hearts, so we want to make sure we do it justice with a modern reimagining. As such, it may be some time before we can discuss this project with you in further detail. I hope you'll understand that this is a passion project full of newfound fun and nostalgic charm. We think you'll really enjoy it, so please bear with us as we work hard to deliver something special."

"We're about finished with today's Nintendo Direct, but I do have one more exciting announcement. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 game now has a launch trailer as well as a downloadable date of June 16th, 2021. Goodness, that's tomorrow, isn't it, Miyamoto-san? Miyamoto-san says hai, it is indeed tomorrow. What about our marketing campaign, Miyamoto-san? Aren't we supposed to slowly trickle out information? Shouldn't top gaming magazines compete for feature articles and highly-anticipated previews? Will reviewers even have time to review this game? Not to worry, you say?! People will be happy to be able to play the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild immediately? Well, I suppose you know best, Miyamoto-san! That's right, you can purchase the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2, right now on the Nintendo eShop and start playing at midnight Pacific Standard Time. We hope you'll enjoy Link and Zelda's next great adventure because you'll be going in blind. 'Going in blind?' What do you mean, Miyamoto-san? We'll be required to blindfold ourselves? Oh! Miyamoto-san says that's because there have been no press previews or any other preliminary information. Everyone will begin their journey to save Hyrule on an even playing field, thanks to 'Original Air Design,' as Miyamoto-san calls it. He wanted to rekindle the feeling of the very first Legend of Zelda game when nobody knew anything and everybody was blind. Not literally blind, I hope! Please enjoy The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 game tomorrow."

"At Nintendo, we understand that fans of the Mario games, Fire Emblem games, Xenoblade games, and more may be wondering what's in store for their favorite franchises in the future. As such,"

"We hope you've enjoyed the Direct! We'll have even more information on upcoming Legend of Zelda games in the weeks and months to come, so please look forward to it."
I wanted to hate, but I love Labo, and Labo AR sounds ace, so that would save it for me.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019

Best Direct ever
"Monster Hunter Stories 2 event quest in Monster Hunter Rise is live today!"
Oh god oh no

OP
OP
wookiee

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020

Added to the OP. What an effort.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My most wanted Ninty 2021 E3 showings:

1) BOTW2
2) Bayo 3
3) Metroid V
4) Donkey Kong
5) Animal Crossing major update

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
Is there precedence for Nintendo announcing hardware in the evening PT - ET time? An announcement could still happen once Japan is into Friday morning, correct? Not trying to stoke anyone's hopes at this point. Obviously, it could not happen at all.
I expect a similar reveal like the Switch lite. Just a shadowdrop around 7am-10am PT.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom

You forgot the segment where Metroid Prime 4 gets revealed as a sci-fi open world shooter version of BotW complete with an energy tank hunt required to access the Hyper Beam upgrade from an area overgrown with dense alien vegetation. Use the spider ball to climb up anything, but watch that stamina wheel!

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
I think they've actually succeeded because pretty quickly they stopped trying to chase Hot Fuss. Flowers dropped his faux-British affectation and they moved from the New Wave revival thing to full-blooded Springsteen-inspired stadium-filling Americana rock, which was always probably a better fit for their Vegas sensibilities anyway. You might think it's "unlistenable drivel" (and some of the Flowers-isms are pretty groanworthy) but the fact of the matter is a lot of people like that and they've consistently delivered that. They've had four albums since their "one and a half good ones" that have all performed pretty well commercially; nostalgia for one song simply doesn't last that long. People like their music.

Could they stand to be more adventurous? Of course. But there's also something to be said for a band that knows who they are and what their fans want and reliably delivers that.

I can contribute nothing to this convo beyond video footage of Flowers and Springsteen on stage together for Thunder Road and outside of shoddy film recording he absolutely kills it. Plus I'd be giddy as he must have been sharing vox with Bruce lol

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Did Nintendo tweet at all prior to their announcement of the NX reveal that night in October 2016?
The NX reveal announcement was on October 20th.
NoA didn't tweet anything on the 19th.

Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) on Twitter

The latest Tweets from Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica). Welcome to the official Nintendo profile for gaming news! We’re listening, too. For ESRB ratings go to https://t.co/OgSR65P8OY

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018

That sounds so freaking nice...

Quinton

Specialist at TheGamer / Reviewer at RPG Site
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar, With Love

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017

It was about time this thread delivered.
It delivered something weird, but it delivered something.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

1) BOTW2
2) Bayo 3
3) Metroid V
4) Donkey Kong

1) BotW2
2) Donkey Kong, but only if it's a full 3D platformer, if not then swap with #3
3) Metroid anything
4) New WarioWare
5) Surprise new IP or old IP reborn

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019

1) BOTW2
2) Bayo 3
3) Metroid V
4) Donkey Kong
1) BOTW2
2) Metroid V
3) Donkey Kong
4) MPT HD
5) Xenoblade 3

The latest Tweets from Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica). Welcome to the official Nintendo profile for gaming news! We’re listening, too. For ESRB ratings go to https://t.co/OgSR65P8OY
Thanks for the research!

SpookyTango

Mar 1, 2020
The Mario Golf Previews are looking pretty good, here's some general highlights from what I've read, watched:

General Content stuff:
- There are 6 full 18 hole courses plus the 9 hole arena in the game at launch.
- 16 playable characters at launch.
- Menu includes Golf Guides for people unfamiliar with certain golfing terminology/strategy.
- All modes are playable online (besides the adventure mode).
- Lots of customizability across the modes in terms of controls, how many holes you want to play, etc.
- The Toad announcers from Mario Tennis Aces are back and give you insight on what's going on during the golfing competitions.
- Game has a lot of charm and world building for a Mario sports title.

Basic Golf Modes:
- You have both Standard and Speed golf modes and both have multiple ways to play them.
- In Standard golf you can play the holes simultaneously or in turns.
- Speed Golf has two mode types: One where the first to the hole gets the most points, and the other is time based where the more shots you take, the more time is added to your clock, so it's more about efficiency.

Online Stuff:
- Two players can play online on one switch.
- Can play with friends or strangers.
- Lobby's can decide whether to allow Mii characters from adventure mode.

Adventure Mode Stuff:
- Wario and Waluigi antics seem to be a large part of the story.
- Seem's like all the golf courses are treated as open hubs for your character to roam around in, meet characters, and take quests.
- You collect coins which allow you to buy new gear.
- You encounter boss battles including a Knight statue that will try to fling lightning at you.
- Toadette plays a rival character in the story mode.
- There's a world map which gives a contextual space for all the courses you visit.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
So we're on page 264 already? I'm starting to wonder if even the NEXT thread will make it until E3.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Well I mean to be completely transparent the dooming around when something doesn't go completely as initially thought or leaked is never fun to engage with, but no I have nothing to say on any future topics.

I'm not saying people can't be mad or sad. I'm saying that I'd prefer we all attempt to add something to the conversation, make something out of it, and try in spin it in a good way rather than just being negative... Does that make sense? If all the posts here are "man this sucks", or "it's over", etc. then there's nothing to engage with and it just spirals into a bad place of the thread just being dooming and people complaining about dooming.
Hey, I just want to be clear - I agree that engaging with intense negativity fucking sucks. I come here because it's my happy place on the internet and you guys are all my invisible friends (even when y'all p*iss me off)
I meant to comment on the idea that you were demanding a permanent subject ban which I see you were not doing.
Great OT btw, nice job on your first one. Maybe someday I'll join valhalla and do one myself
pretty chill the cbd oil and adderall are doing their thing
Someone people trust?
yes
who?
bellydrum?

ElasticCoarseGemsbok-max-1mb.gif

That, but Snorlax

4llowM3

Feb 21, 2019

They did tweet the 19th before the reveal the next morning

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/788900063833493504?s=20

Quinton

Specialist at TheGamer / Reviewer at RPG Site
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar, With Love
The Mario Golf Previews are looking pretty good, here's some general highlights from what I've read, watched:

General Content stuff:
- Menu includes Golf Guides for people unfamiliar with certain golfing terminology/strategy.
- Lots of customizability across the modes in terms of controls, how many holes you want to play, etc.
- The Toad announcers from Mario Tennis Aces are back and give you insight on what's going on during the golfing competitions.

Basic Golf Modes:
- You have both Standard and Speed golf modes and both have multiple ways to play them.
- Speed Golf has two mode types: One where the first to the hole gets the most points, and the other is time based where the more shots you take, the more time is added to your clock, so it's more about efficiency.

Online Stuff:

Adventure Mode Stuff:
- Seem's like all the golf courses are treated as open hubs for your character to roam around in, meet characters, and take quests.
- You encounter boss battles including a Knight statue that will try to fling lightning at you.
- There's a world map which gives a contextual space for all the courses you visit.

This honestly sounds fantastic. Thanks for putting this together.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017

General Content stuff:

Basic Golf Modes:

Online Stuff:

Adventure Mode Stuff:
Wow. There is much more to this game then I was expecting. Online mode options seem solid and even the Adventure mode sounds more interesting than usual.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

General Content stuff:

Basic Golf Modes:

Online Stuff:

Adventure Mode Stuff:

Love it. Thanks!

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017

General Content stuff:

Basic Golf Modes:

Online Stuff:

Adventure Mode Stuff:
This sounds great.

Jan 3, 2018

Needs at least one more "How is it going so far?"
😂

Akoig

Sep 4, 2020

How about July 10th 2019? (Though if I recall correctly, the Switch lite was announced super early, earlier than usual tweets)

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Hot damn. I still have to do the final final boss. HR 49 rn.
I think you got 1 more HR to get to the final boss. It certainly delivered for me. Great soundtrack, amazing fight and over the top attacks. Although I think MHGU final boss and dalamadur are still my most favorite final bosses in MH.

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it's coming this year then I expect it to be revealed in September or October time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.