• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
After listening Nate's & MVG Podcast, I start to think that the Announcement of the Switch Pro isn't happening any time soon, not even before E3… I wouldn't doubt Nate or Emily Rogers per see, but I don't feel it coming.

Also, where is yourE3 Shedule Nontendo goddammit, and also all others!

I have this feeling that Switch Pro, BOTW 2 and Zelda anniversary will all be entirely missing from E3. I hope I'm wrong but no developers even seem aware of the existence of Switch Pro. Same with Digital Foundry. I just hope I'm wrong.

Jan 26, 2019
Hi all, I just want to share that Groose's French name is Hergo and I don't like this

E2z0qQPXMAIoI0G

Look at Her go!

As a father I am taking the dad joke message to heart

Akoig

Sep 4, 2020
I'm okay with them announcing the Pro whenever they will, my only concern is if the E3 date/plans will be linked to the Pro reveal or not. I really want to know which day and time is Nintendo having the E3 presentation, so I get to know if I have to ask a day off or what. It's hard to plan like this, Nintendo.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Honestly, Valstrax looks absolutely insane and the skills it offers is basically the new meta. Offers so many slots in addition to lots of attack power/boost and really high defence (500+). With IG, if you get all extracts, I kid you not, you literally get 600+ defence and that's without any other buffs. It's crazy.
Yeah I'm tooled up in full valstrax gear now as a lancer and the combo of huge defence, great skills plus slots makes it hard to go back.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have this feeling that Switch Pro, BOTW 2 and Zelda anniversary will all be entirely missing from E3. I hope I'm wrong but no developers even seem aware of the existence of Switch Pro. Same with Digital Foundry. I just hope I'm wrong.
Why wouldn't BotW 2 be at E3? That's always been Nintendo's avenue of showing the latest console Zelda news.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Digital Foundry talks to a lot of developers. It seems to me, no one is actually aware of the Switch Pro. Currently we are all thinking it's coming based on the Bloomberg reports, Nate, Emily, Jason, etc. I mean I hope it happens soon but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Didn't Imran said he has talked to people that are working with the pro?

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Maybe no one is actively talking about the Pro because Nintendo has a very severe NDA agreement with those who have it/talked to about it. The Nintendo Ninjas aren't a meme for nothing.

Nintendo wanted BOTW2 to remain a surprise so bad they even cut it out of the version of the E3 Direct they showed to some journalists before the actual broadcast. How far do you think they'd go to keep an hardware revision a secret?

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Digital Foundry talks to a lot of developers. It seems to me, no one is actually aware of the Switch Pro. Currently we are all thinking it's coming based on the Bloomberg reports, Nate, Emily, Jason, etc. I mean I hope it happens soon but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
That's why I'm weirded out by the whole thing. On the one hand, we have fairly reputable sources saying it's coming before E3, but on the other hand we have other sources which we trust saying that their sources haven't even heard about it. I want to see it badly, but what if it doesn't even exist yet

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
That's why I'm weirded out by the whole thing. On the one hand, we have fairly reputable sources saying it's coming before E3, but on the other hand we have other sources which we trust saying that their sources haven't even heard about it. I want to see it badly, but what if it doesn't even exist yet

Yup it's been rumored since 2019 and yet no real proof in my opinion. At some point you have to wonder whats really going on here.

Jan 26, 2019
Tbh I think the gap in scheduled tweets for Nintendo UK between today and Saturday is our best clue. I'm doubling down on tomorrow with two days of following up. (Or announcing Thursday tomorrow)

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017

Nate has said that he knows of some third party games that are doing to have Pro enhancements. How can developers be making stuff for it if they don't know about it?

I think it's pretty apparent that you don't think/want a Switch Pro happening soon so you are deliberately ignoring info that doesn't support that. Now it's possible that all these sources are wrong but saying "well Digital Foundry doesn't know" is a flimsy argument at best.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018

I hope That Zelda BotW2 & Zelda Anniversary will not skip E3.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Nate has said that he knows of some third party games that are doing to have Pro enhancements. How can developers be making stuff for it if they don't know about it?

I think it's pretty apparent that you don't think/want a Switch Pro happening soon so you are deliberately ignoring info that doesn't support that. Now it's possible that all these sources are wrong but saying "well Digital Foundry doesn't know" is a flimsy argument at best.

Why would I not want a Switch Pro to happen? I've been in this thread for years waiting for it to happen and I really hope it does. Wish Nintendo would announce their E3 plans already.

May 12, 2021
Jesus y'all, there's been no news today and yet this thread has jumped by around 10 pages since 10AM lmao. At this point I greatly anticipate how fast this thread will move once the E3 plans and/or Switch Pro is announced.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Which is your LEAST favorite Nintendo?

[ ] arrogant Nintendo
[ ] competitive Nintendo
[ ] anticonsumer Nintendo
[ ] can't keep getting away with it Nintendo
[ ] leaving money on the table Nintendo
[ ] missing the boat Nintendo
[ ] doomed Nintendo
[ ] tight-lipped Nintendo

PaultheNerd

Dec 25, 2018
In my opinion, a likely scenario is that Nintendo reached out to very specific developers with dev kits, and will start offering it to a wider array the moment it is announced.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I really wonder what they were thinking. I sounds even more stupid in the Dutch pronunciation.
Like a Gander of geese? does that work in Dutch?

I have no clue what they were going for in French...
I have no idea. I don't think we use gander over here. I'm thinking it's a combination, like how Groose is a combination of Bruce and goose. But it has to be a combination of gans (goose) and… no common Dutch names end in 'derd'.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because they have Skyward Sword to sell first.
These games have so vastly different approaches to the Zelda formula that I don't think it matters that much tbh. Besides, I doubt Skyward Sword HD will sell all too well since it's just not that attractive to the general audience and caters mostly to core Zelda fans.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm maybe the developers that have the Switch Pro are primarily Japanese Developers like Square or Capcom.

Maybe that's why some may not have any info in regards to the Revision because their contacts are primarily Western developers?

Status
Not open for further replies.