• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
Honest question…

Other than releasing the same day as the New 3DS, what made MM 3D a "marquee" title for the 3DS? Did it have significant features or graphic enhancements only possible on the New 3DS?

Don't know about Majora's Mask other than the c stick being useful, but Monster Hunter 4G had significant performance boosts on the New 3ds

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Honest question…

Other than releasing the same day as the New 3DS, what made MM 3D a "marquee" title for the 3DS? Did it have significant features or graphic enhancements only possible on the New 3DS?
The big appeal of Majora's Mask 3D and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on the New model compared to the OG 3DS was using the c-stick for proper camera controls; and in the case of the latter faster load times and significant performance improvements.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Related: I was recently reminded of the Firefly gag reel which contains IMO one of the funniest bloopers I've ever seen: when the crew is all gathered around a casket and there's a super serious speech playing, and the camera slowly circles to show everyone's faces, and Nathan Fillion constantly runs around in circles so he keeps popping up in the shot over and over again, all while keeping a dead-serious expression and the rest of the cast slowly dies laughing. It's so good.
I'd completely forgotten about that! The escalation was incredible.

Honest question…

Nothing significant, but sure it ran a little smoother, looked a little better. Obviously (likely) no where near the same jump between og switch and the revision.
Releasing day and date and pushing sales counts imo, a marquee title doesn't have to be an exclusive it just has to incentivise you, however little, to upgrade or jump in.

SofyTrancy

Aug 3, 2020
Sorry for the question but where the "BOTW2 will not come out with the pro"-thing came from?
It's just speculation or an insider said that?

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Sorry for the question but where the "BOTW2 will not come out with the pro"-thing came from?
It's just speculation or an insider said that?
Nobody knows for sure. And Nate didn't say it won't (don't think anyone else did either?). He's just saying it might, but it might not, and people need to keep that in mind

SofyTrancy

Aug 3, 2020
Thanks you all!! I asked because I jumped like 20 pages and didn't see from where this thing started xD I wanted only to be sure that it was only a speculation, so I cannot loose hope ^^

Jul 18, 2018
North Carolina
What was the New 3DS's marquee launch titles?

Two rough downgrade ports? Xenoblade Chronicles and Hyrule Warriors?

I don't think the Pro will have a special marquee title but it might have a game that comes out around the same time which looks a little better on it but still runs fine on the OG Switch and Lite.

they'll have some title to release day and date with the upgraded hardware, but I don't think it needs to be anything unique or groundbreaking. The improvements (larger display and 4K support) are easy to demonstrate with any game. They could show nothing but Mario Kart 8 and sell units.

I still think they'll call it Switch XL or Max - it's bigger. Bigger handheld screen and better on big 4K TVs.

and if what you want is small and portable only, they won't make you feel like the switch lite is inferior.

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020

So Nintendo took out a perfectly functional online mode to a game that really needed it, released the game to little fanfare on 3DS a month before the Switch came out, and then didn't release the Switch port the devs had already created?

Yeah I'm not sure they handled this release as best as they could.

Oct 25, 2017
What was the New 3DS's marquee launch titles?

Two rough downgrade ports? Xenoblade Chronicles and Hyrule Warriors?

I don't think the Pro will have a special marquee title but it might have a game that comes out around the same time which looks a little better on it but still runs fine on the OG Switch and Lite.
i just don't see a home console who's selling point will be "4k capable / fancy screen" releasing without some games that show it off — i don't think the new 3ds comparison is apples for apples, but i guess we'll see.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Nobody knows for sure. And Nate didn't say it won't (don't think anyone else did either?). He's just saying it might, but it might not, and people need to keep that in mind
It's just speculation on my end. Just saying there isn't a reason to connect the two when the two can exist independently of each other.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
If you are vaccinated, and you are sure what you have is a cold, I don't don't you really need to quarantine. Sure, you can't work, but go for a walk! See some friends! Let me gently suggest you don't let gaming be your sole answer to depression. I hope you feel better soon, friend.
I'm not vaccinated unfortunately, so I'm trying to be careful. And don't worry! I'm not seeing gaming as answer to feeling like crap. I haven't even played that much in the last few days other than a couple hours of Metroid Prime lol. I've done my best to be active, eat well, and keep talking to people. So no need to worry! I just think that some interesting stuff from Nintendo would be exciting and help to make things a bit less boring. Thanks for the concern though!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's just speculation on my end. Just saying there isn't a reason to connect the two when the two can exist independently of each other.
I wanted to ask do you people (in the media) get to see publishers actual presentations beforehand or do they tell you what they will present and have games for you to play. This is in regards to E3. Because I remember hearing the media knew the content for Nintendo's E3 2019, but Nintendo never showed them BotW 2.

i know if it's a live conference they won't act it out. Though, that's funny to think about.

Last edited:

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm as excited as the rest of you, but unless we suddenly want to doubt Emily or Bloomberg, the announcement is very likely happening before E3, and there shouldn't be much anxiety associated with that - right? If it's not next week, it's likely early the following week.

What I'm curious about is how these two events pan out - knowing that E3 is right around the corner, what exactly will this console reveal be? Will they take the route of showing only the hardware, and actually using it as a jumping off point to tell everybody to tune into E3 for a full showcase? Or will this reveal actually give us a trailer or two to demonstrate games?

I'm kind of assuming the former

Statux

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
Well folks, wish me luck, today I have one of the craziest film shootings I've ever faced. Next week is totally off for me so it'd be a great time to drop that bomb Nintendo 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.