• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm more curious about what the Pro reveal will entail. Release date? Price? Or purely an announcement for the revision itself with additional details to come at E3 or a later time.
Yep this is the big question. Will they drop a 5 minute Pro video detailing the whole system. Will be a quick 1 minute video and say "full reveal at their E3 presentation"?. Will it a show a few games real quick? Will

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I'm really excited to see lots of new Jrpgs
Hey do y'all remember that period when we would all post a bunch of absolute bullshit in the hide tags for no reason and then the threads would get clogged with "just posting for the hidden content" posts? Good times.

[Hidden content]
I definitely remember using that feature during MH Switch speculation and getting 150+ notifications lol.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Nintendo is going the final day of E3 won't the Switch Pro reveal kind of have to go into detail? Because all the third party companies are going before Nintendo and they'll want to announce or show games off for Switch Pro. Meaning Nintendo kind of has to tell people what the Switch Pro is before everyone's conferences.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
This isn't necessarily aimed at you because i don't know if you were being serious, but people really need to stop taking every damn thing Nate says as a hint. Especially when he uses disclaimers like "as an example".

Let's be real here, it's very much likely going to get announced this coming week, I'm already assuming that the Super Switch and E3 Plans go hand in hand and they aren't going to wait until the week before E3 to announce it.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
They could pair the two together, if they wanted. "Tune in on June .. to see Title X and a first look at games running on Switch Pro".

I'm more curious about what the Pro reveal will entail. Release date? Price? Or purely an announcement for the revision itself with additional details to come at E3 or a later time.
It's definitely something to ponder. If they saved further details on the hardware for E3, I could see the presentation being a fabled 1-hour Direct lol.

With the announcement of the hardware being imminent, it is leading me to believe that we'll get a specific title name-dropped alongside the Switch Pro reveal, i.e. "Tune in to see a first look at BOTW 2 gameplay"

Cevan

Sep 18, 2020
UK
whilst i'm eagerly anticipating the pro announcement, i can't really say that i'm too excited for it either, at least not until it drops anyway - that's when i'll have something to get hyped over lol. but the thing is that it could still be well over a week away, and the hardware reveal by itself just isn't that interesting to me until it happens

edit: i'm far more excited to actually find out ninty's plans for E3 lol

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Super Switch teaser video will just be this with a "Stay tuned at E3 on June...,2021 for a full reveal"

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
Yep this is the big question. Will they drop a 5 minute Pro video detailing the whole system. Will be a quick 1 minute video and say "full reveal at their E3 presentation"?. Will it a show a few games real quick? Will
c7NJRa2.gif

What if we get the entire reveal, with E3 plans revealed at the end of the video or something? They could even use the Pro reveal vid to tease something that'll show up at E3, like BotW2.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
They could pair the two together, if they wanted. "Tune in on June .. to see Title X and a first look at games running on Switch Pro".

Yeah I wonder how much of an event they will make of it. I'm so curious how nintendo will approach the new system when it comes to releasing first party titles.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
c7NJRa2.gif

What if we get the entire reveal, with E3 plans revealed at the end of the video or something? They could even use the Pro reveal vid to tease something that'll show up at E3, like BotW2.
I'm honestly leaning towards Nintendo doing like a full video reveal of the Pro. I'm only saying this since their presentation might go last. I can't see a little sneak peak reveal then them waiting until the final day of E3 to do the full reveal. If you're going to reveal it prior to E3 for third party devs, then you kind of have to do more of a full reveal before those third party devs have their presentations.

They could definitely show a teaser of BotW 2 running on it and say to see more of it at their announced E3 Direct.

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
One thing that we do know about the video, is that it will probably be called "First Look at Nintendo Switch Pro"

They used the phrase "first look at X" for the Switch, Switch Lite, and Nintendo Labo videos.

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
I'm honestly leaning towards Nintendo doing like a full video reveal of the Pro. I'm only saying this since their presentation might go last. I can't see a little sneak peak reveal then them waiting until the final day of E3 to do the full reveal. If you're going to reveal it prior to E3 for third party devs, then you kind of have to do more of a full reveal before those third party devs have their presentations.

They could definitely show a teaser of BotW 2 running on it and say to see more of it at their announced E3 Direct.
That makes sense, yeah. It'd probably be real good for Nintendo's PR and marketing too if (assuming they go last as per usual) throughout the entirety of E3, you have all these 3rd party devs showing off all these cool new games and/or major ports that'll be shown off via the Pro (maybe some 3P games exclusive to the Pro, even?).

Zelretch

Oct 25, 2017
i do not think Nintendo is a company that likes to spend E3 time talking about new hardware and less a revision so all the info will probably came out at the announcment, a press release or later than E3 while focusing E3 on software

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
When Nintendo's online service isn't working and you do a stream with Reggie 🤦🏻‍♂️

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
i do not think Nintendo is a company that likes to spend E3 time talking about new hardware and less a revision so all the info will probably came out at the announcment, a press release or later than E3 while focusing E3 on software
The most I can imagine is that they mention it during treehouse and say that all the games shown are being played on the pro.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had a Buffalo chicken sandwich w/ fries from a local BBQ place because it was their special tonight. I was too concerned with dosing my insulin correctly and didn't once think about how spicy it would be in my stomach.... rough night ahead...

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've been pretty out of the loop...can someone give me an out of their butt percentage estimation for the Switch Pro being

A) A true successor console, i.e. Switch 2, or
B) A PS4/PS4 Pro situation, with games generally supporting both SKUs?

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I've been pretty out of the loop...can someone give me an out of their butt percentage estimation for the Switch Pro being

B

However, there have been rumours that there are games coming to Switch Pro that won't work on the OG Switch.

Think of it as a Switch 1.5

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

A) 1%
B) 99%

But it was said that this Switch Pro will have some exclusive third party games and it's supposed to replace the OG Switch over time.

Glitter

Sep 20, 2020
How likely is it that anyone has guessed the name of the Switch revision correctly?

What I mean is: before they were revealed, were the eventual names of the N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, or Switch (or the DSi and —New— 3DS) in the list of contenders that people understood were potentially the ones Nintendo would use? Given that there hasn't, to my knowledge, been a leak of a codename for this revision even, I'm wondering how likely it is that the name is a surprise rather than falling into pre-existing naming conventions (whether Nintendo's or Apple's).

hologram

Jun 30, 2020

It's mostly B. There is likely some third party games that will be Pro exclusive, but the vast majority of games (like including all first party games) will support both SKUs.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Thanks!

And, uh, for personal reasons...good. >.>
Yeah, even as someone who plans to get the revision, it would be absolutely unacceptable to release a true successor after four years when the original is so popular.

Completely unrelated: for some reason my phone tried to correct "Yeah," to "SUSAN." Wtf?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That makes sense, yeah. It'd probably be real good for Nintendo's PR and marketing too if (assuming they go last as per usual) throughout the entirety of E3, you have all these 3rd party devs showing off all these cool new games and/or major ports that'll be shown off via the Pro (maybe some 3P games exclusive to the Pro, even?).
Right.

I think it'll be similar to the Switch Lite where they do the full reveal.
And they won't have to talk about it in their direct much. They can do a quick run through if they want and get to the software. Treehouse will mention "hey all games you see will be running on Switch Pro".

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
The good things with Nintendo supporting both the OG models and the Pro is that everyone will get the games and that the Nintendo games should hit 1440p/4K on the Pro model.

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020

But wasnt the reasoning for the pre-e3 reveal so other companies can show off their games? if they just announce it and then say wait till e3, unless nintendo goes first, itd be weird to then see a ubisoft game first with no context on the hardware...so i assumed some sort of reveal trailer like the original switch roof party video...light on details but setting the context.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
B

However, there have been rumours that there are games coming to Switch Pro that won't work on the OG Switch.

Think of it as a Switch 1.5
Or the Gameboy color. Some old games with be cross compatible with some game being pro exclusive. Although I don't expect many of those tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.