• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
I'm not expecting anything, I just trust the ones in the know and that's good enough for me =) Soon could mean anything depending on what your expectations are :P
That's what I mean. Internally, my clock is set to sometime next week for the announcement, but I'm so grateful for Nate and Emily (and later Bloomberg) dropping this megaton that I'm officially contented and so, so excited for the next two weeks. Probably the most excited I've ever been for E3.

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
Just finished my Valstrax Armor and got my Rampage Horn finished. Full Valstrax for the time being before I start my true fashion hunt. I need to see which of all the Hunting Horns I think is the coolest :D.

Now continueing again Tales of Berseria. That said, tomorrow I can borrow Pokemon Snap and I am quite excited for that as well.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would be pretty funny at this point if the Switch Pro somehow doesn't actually exist and nothing gets announced for the whole year. I think we'd all implode if that happened haha.

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
So you think guys we'll get the famous E3 Plans™ revealed alongside the Pro or what?

I'm placing my bets on the plans being revealed alongside, personally.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
What the hell, me saying I had heard the name Super Switch be tossed around months ago somehow became news. I never said it would be used or would be final branding. Just something that had been mentioned in discussions I was having. It's not news.

You'd think but the blame falls on me because my words are misrepresented. No one takes the time to ACTUALLY read the original tweet or post. All this does is strip folks of having an opinion because every word said is considered a tease or hint.

I had a friend in games journalism once tell me "it's not always important that you're 100% right, but it's important that you're 100% first."

So don't worry about it too much. People are going to decipher what they want to decipher from your words regardless of context or truth just for clicks and clout.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So you think guys we'll get the famous E3 Plans™ revealed alongside the Pro or what?

I'm placing my bets on the plans being revealed alongside, personally.
Yes. I agree now with the whole Switch Pro announcement coming soon I see that was probably the plan all along and that's why Nintendo is waiting last minute to announce their E3 plans.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
That's what I mean. Internally, my clock is set to sometime next week for the announcement, but I'm so grateful for Nate and Emily (and later Bloomberg) dropping this megaton that I'm officially contented and so, so excited for the next two weeks. Probably the most excited I've ever been for E3.

Same!

Probably the most excited I have been ever since Reveal event.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
Don't know if the Pro announcement is going to be Tuesday, but at least i have a good thing to look forward to on Monday. The day i'll finally be able to get a Series S. Multiplatform, babyyyyy
Very nice. I have a series X that I absolutely love and have been thinking about getting an S for the other room.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
We can now air out our grievances of a game we know we will see that we don't want to see at E3. Mine is BotW 2.
You're anti-BOTW? How did I not know this?
It's just so good, and the battles are much better paced because of the quicker and more abstract animations.
I agree with a lot of your post, but I actually think the old games tend to have much slower battles. Combination of very slow HP reduction, and the fact that HP does not fall until after the animation has concluded.
Lesson for the future: Don't make clearly marked opinionated tweets or jokes on Twitter.
I don't think you could have been any clearer you were not speaking in hints. Don't let the expectations of others police what you say on your own Twitter account.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I'm sure he did his due diligence & checked around before making the statement. An issue is the word "soon". What's soon? I can say with confidence the announcement will take place ahead of E3. For example purposes only; would June 10, just as a random date, be considered soon? I wouldn't consider two weeks soon, personally.

Well I see...

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure he did his due diligence & checked around before making the statement. An issue is the word "soon". What's soon? I can say with confidence the announcement will take place ahead of E3. For example purposes only; would June 10, just as a random date, be considered soon? I wouldn't consider two weeks soon, personally.
Very interesting...

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
That's rough, buddy.
Hope it passes soon!
Thanks!

Damn, sorry to hear that. Glad to hear you're starting to feel a bit better. Make sure to drink plenty of fluids to keep yourself hydrated!
Yes yes! Over the last few days I was super dehydrated because I just couldn't keep anything down but thankfully I have been able to drink some Pedialyte today. If I wasn't able to drink anything today I was probably going to have to go to the hospital for an IV so thankfully that didn't have to happen.

Don't know if the Pro announcement is going to be Tuesday, but at least i have a good thing to look forward to on Monday. The day i'll finally be able to get a Series S. Multiplatform, babyyyyy
Nice! The Series S is such a great little console. Series S + Game Pass = the best value in gaming, pretty much.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
I don't think Nate was literally hinting at the 10th for the date. He just said that he didn't know the actual date, only that it'll be before E3

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think Nate was literally hinting at the 10th for the date. He just said that he didn't know the actual date, only that it'll be before E3

It's not that, he's saying that everyone is saying that the Switch Pro will be announced "soon", Nate doesn't think June 10th is "soon" so that means the Switch Pro will be announced before the 10th.

Edit: I could just be crazy though lol.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
Any thoughts on the timing of their E3 announcement with the Super Switch announcement? How do they balance though two?

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Any thoughts on the timing of their E3 announcement with the Super Switch announcement? How do they balance though two?
They could pair the two together, if they wanted. "Tune in on June .. to see Title X and a first look at games running on Switch Pro".

I'm more curious about what the Pro reveal will entail. Release date? Price? Or purely an announcement for the revision itself with additional details to come at E3 or a later time.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any motion on the rumor of Tomb Raider ports coming to Switch?

King Zell once said Tomb Raider was heading to Switch but he heard id afterwards it was an example his contact gave; "There will be some crazy stuff for Switch in the future like Tomb Raider". Nothing came out of it.

But Square announcing once thing a month for TR's 25th anniversary, maybe one of them is a Switch port of one of the games.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Reggie is live playing Super Mario Party for charity!

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Hey do y'all remember that period when we would all post a bunch of absolute bullshit in the hide tags for no reason and then the threads would get clogged with "just posting for the hidden content" posts? Good times.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
EDIT: There is nothing interesting in any hidden text, please do not reply to the thread just to read it.

Last edited:

Edengamer25

Aug 29, 2020
It's not that, he's saying that everyone is saying that the Switch Pro will be announced "soon", Nate doesn't think June 10th is "soon" so that means the Switch Pro will be announced before the 10th.

Edit: I could just be crazy though lol.
So June 1-3 are the most likely dates then, its coming up get ready everyone!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Our focus on 2021 games and Super Switch". They could use this as the headline for their Direct announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.