• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Me: I want Botw2 news >;[

Nintendo: drops a new teaser

Me:
hqdefault.jpg

RevoDave

Banned
Apr 17, 2021
A new Nintendo hardware, new or revision is always something that excites me a lot. But it's true that the reveal is getting a little forever. It's been exhausting since the preE3 delusion.

Glom

Feb 8, 2021
Oh I understand that for sure, it was certainly sh*tty of Netflix to do that, but realistically who other than Nintendo is even remotely good at keeping things under wraps? Also its not like Ninty are taking a loss when something like that leaks, it's just free hype generation. Though I guess if they cancelled it before reveal then it becomes a problem.

Surely it's more a case of Nintendo waking up the night after the early discussion, seeing the empty booze bottles and the smell of shame, noticing Netflix was bragging about the night like a jock double and the pulling the plug before any more damage could be done by the prospect of an inevitably awful Western adaption of Zelda.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Just picked myself up a Wii U for that sweet, sweet virtual console so I can make my way thru the Metroid Series (and eventually Zelda). I am also looking for a 3DS as well, or a 2DS XL and boy oh boy are they expensive...

Any gems on this system that I should look out for? VC or not?

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The sheer lack of WarioWare hype sickens me. The announcement thread has like, what, ~200 posts?

Spheromancer

Sep 24, 2020
Do people really believe this GBA tweet thing for tomorrow? Just realized it was on top the gaming leaks subreddit. I thought it was a huge reach and people were just fooling around. We dont actually believe it... right?

Last edited:

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I re-watched the direct and forgot they talked about Prime 4.

I wonder if they felt people would be upset about a new Metroid game is coming when the one announced first back in 2017 still hadn't had any updates.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
I actually would like some Pokémon news pretty soon.

Diamond and Pearl being faithful remakes has me interested in getting them. Even if original D/P are just okay. I like the Artstyle they went with tho lol
I look forward to the games being generally well-received at launch, and then seeing multiple threads here about how they're trash, actually
At this point I am just hoping the assembly starting in July is true and if so we can see some more interesting leaks like a picture. Besides that, I don't if we will see something on June 23rd, seems a bit much of a reach if people had to rescramble the numbers but we will see...
The June 23rd number rearranging thing was found out to be nothing - someone in this thread discovered it's an old picture (why it was doctored in the first place is anyone's guess)
Let me speak from my heart: I love the Nintendo Switch. In my almost 30 years of life, the entirety of which has involved video games, never has there been a console I've played and loved half as much as I do the Switch. I don't want to speak on behalf of anyone in this thread so let me just say I am willing to bet there are many in this thread who might feel similarly to myself. I do know for a fact there are those who do not, and to those people I recommend a Swiffer™ duster.

The idea of a more premium version of this device that brings me joy every day is one that is hard to avoid. Pardon us for dreaming of a better Switch.
Preach!
How many times can we go through the same points over and over again with regards to it though, like the topic seems exhausted, and it was based solely on wishful thinking for a couple years, until Bloomberg did their thing and now another year and a half has passed and we're still waiting lol

and that's saying something considering this thread normally does go in circles about things, that it's espeically noticeable with the pro

can't blame people for being tired of it, ive been for a while. Especially since infecting discussion of new games having to wade through "is this on pro? Looks to good" posts on those lines.
These threads used to have "speculation" in the title. While that may not be the case anymore, it's still very much in the spirit of the thread, and it seems a bit unreasonable to complain about speculation about an upcoming hardware revision.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I think the game looks great, but I'm really worried that it'll be too short for the asking price. And I'm not normally one to say that, but 200 five second games for 50 bucks? I dunno about that.

If it's like previous games it should provide hours upon hours of gameplay so it's unfair to say 50 dollars is too much. Plus that's not including the different levels of difficulty and challenges.

It would be like me saying Metroid Dread is a 2D game that will probably not offer enough content and 60 dollars is too much of an asking price. That type of comment is incredibly unfair to Metroid in the same way it is to Wario Ware. Wario Ware games have a lot of content and replay value.

These type of outlooks suck because it ends up devaluing games and sends the message that you gotta be AAA in order to cost 60 dollars.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
WarioWare gold has a genuinely funny story and amusing.

and far better voice acting then many other Nintendo games. (Seriously, Wario talking in full sentences is great)

It helps that the games are so weird and ridiculous that they can have fun with the writing.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
If it's like previous games it should provide hours upon hours of gameplay so it's unfair to say 50 dollars is too much. Plus that's not including the different levels of difficulty and challenges.

It would be like me saying Metroid Dread is a 2D game that will probably not offer enough content and 60 dollars is too much of an asking price. That type of comment is incredibly unfair to Metroid in the same way it is to Wario Ware. Wario Ware games have a lot of content and replay value.

These type of outlooks suck because it ends up devaluing games and sends the message that you gotta be AAA in order to cost 60 dollars.

I've never played a Warioware game before, so I'm just judging it based on the trailer and Treehouse. Had no idea about the difficulty levels and challenges. Is there other modes as well?

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
WarioWare gold has a genuinely funny story and amusing.

and far better voice acting then many other Nintendo games. (Seriously, Wario talking in full sentences is great)

It helps that the games are so weird and ridiculous that they can have fun with the writing.

This is funny especially compared to something like BOTW English voice acting which is terrible.

This is why I'm excited for the new Wario Ware game to see how funny and ridiculous they can get with the new game.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a Warioware game before, so I'm just judging it based on the trailer and Treehouse. Had no idea about the difficulty levels and challenges. Is there other modes as well?

Well for example Wario Ware Gold after you beat the story mode you unlock challenge mode which has makes the microgames different and alters them to make the experience different. If I remember correctly one of the modes has all the microgames mixed up and you only have one life. While another basically changes the speed of the microgames while in one moment it's slow to another being incredibly fast after a couple of microgames. There are also other ways it makes the game challenging.

I expect the same with the new Wario Ware. Like the games are really fun and provide hours of gameplay. Co-op being an option will probably add more hours into it. Plus each character having different abilities will also change up the experience for this new installment.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man. I forgot the best thing about Gold was Wario drawing multiple Nintendo characters when you scanned the Amiibos lol

l70A19f_d.webp

TVQBL6f_d.webp

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I re-watched the direct and forgot they talked about Prime 4.

I wonder if they felt people would be upset about a new Metroid game is coming when the one announced first back in 2017 still hadn't had any updates.

If they just showed the trailer, would thought it was Prime 4 until they saw the Dread title, then they would have been confused. Better to just say you're still working on Prime 4 but they are showing something else next.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I was never really on the "Nintendo is going to re-release Mother 3" train, but I do think the fact that no Mother/Earthbound game has appeared on the NSO service is a little interesting. I could see Nintendo release a Mother/Earthbound collection as a paid product. They know their core fans would pay for that. Am I expecting it? No, but if they announced it for next April or May or whatever I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

It's sort of like how I raise an eyebrow toward Super Mario RPG not yet appearing on the service. Both Super Mario RPG and (outside of Japan) Earthbound appeared on the Super NES Classic, so Nintendo knows those are some of the top games people want from that era.
Same here.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
OK I can see why you'd get there. If it wasn't for their constant insistence that they're only around halfway through the Switch's life cycle I might actually agree with you.

Wasn't that comment like a year ago? They could release Switch 2 Q4 2022 and have it still be close to true (three years from 2017->2020, two and a half from early 2020->late 2021). Seems unlikely but yeah.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is funny especially compared to something like BOTW English voice acting which is terrible.

This is why I'm excited for the new Wario Ware game to see how funny and ridiculous they can get with the new game.
Wario Ware uses mostly the same pool of voice actors Nintendo has been using for a few years now with Fire Emblem, and other games. BotW is the big outlier in that regard.

Joeshabadoo

Jan 3, 2019
It's being announced and dropped tomorrow.

we completely sure that there's no way to have that many lives/points in 1-1 of Super Mario Adavance? No way to start a subsequent play through after credits? I don't recall but feel like it might only be offered because you can always play though a level using a different character

Jan 10, 2018
Brazil
I need help and I cannot find the thread. I've previously updated to the broken 12.0.3 version and now the new one isn't showing up for me to update to it. What should I do?

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just picked myself up a Wii U for that sweet, sweet virtual console so I can make my way thru the Metroid Series (and eventually Zelda). I am also looking for a 3DS as well, or a 2DS XL and boy oh boy are they expensive...

Any gems on this system that I should look out for? VC or not?
Get Nintendo Land. One of the best uses of the game pad. For VC, check out this list. Covers most of the bases other than Wii releases.

US Gamer WiiU VC

applepie

Aug 11, 2020
Do people really believe this GBA tweet thing for tomorrow? Just realized it was on top the gaming leaks subreddit. I thought it was a huge reach and people were just fooling around. We dont actually believe it... right?
I don't know, but I'm on the camp that something will happen tomorrow. It's one week after E3. It's the perfect time to announce things they said weren't real during E3.

Maybe they'll just upload a random Mario parkour video on Youtube.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

I'm pretty sure it was proven to be nothing anyway, people found where that screenshot originated.

Status
Not open for further replies.