• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017

andy robinson still believes nintendo will announce WW+TP remasters. Thoughts?

LMAO....I don't know who this is but, anyone could have said WW and TP will come eventually... it's free money for Nintendo.

Kinda bummed they aren't doing the OOT/MM ports though. Although if they ended up being just 720p I guess its fine they dont do it

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
If BotW2 is H2 2022, I could see them reposition TP/WW HD as H1 Zelda releases for 2022.
Nate, loved today's podcast.

I wanted to ask you a question that popped up while I was listening, do you think that Pokemon's celebration had something to do with Zelda's lack of one? I think Nintendo could've recognize that Pokemon always sell more merchandise and games and Covid made them have to select which one to celebrate, I guess.

A_Jazzy_Book

Oct 27, 2017
a2e66753e735d63b70b7338b5c48350b05a4c0f8.gif

Cruis'nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !
Legit got pumped seeing this in the Direct. Been wanting to play this since seeing the arcade footage. Freakin' love these games.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
I got a preorder on the Metroid SE AND Amiibo double pack together out of sheer dumb luck. "Oh hey, I'll check The Source, they haven't gone up yet" -- *both are up, instantly preorder* -- then I started getting my Reddit notifications on it two minutes later and they were already sold out.

After missing out on both Monster Hunter SE's and all the amiibo, I'm not complaining.

Oct 26, 2017
the only limited editions I remember being hard to get were the ones where Nintendo stressed were limited. I don't think Metroid would be one. might be a case of stores getting rolling allotments
Well I was kinda including stuff like amiibo and the NES / SNES Classics in there too. As far as special editions are concerned, I'll give you that this is a bit different

why is smtv one of my most anticipated games this year, I don't even finish rpgs 😬
Well it looks awesome so you're not exactly alone there

May 12, 2021
Wow, stepped away from this thread for 24 hours to recollect myself and we've jumped over 25 pages? Asides from hype and discussion, anything notable I missed?

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I love WW and TP but I would definitely take OOTHD and MMHD (3DS versions) first. Common Nintendo!

zothenr

Sep 21, 2018
Big names for 2022:

- Splatoon 3
- Pokémon Arceus
- Zelda BotW 2
- Mario & Rabbids 2

we'll see what other surprises they have in store (MK9, Monolith's new game, Fire Emblem...) but It looks like the review of the console will go to 2022

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
So what was that Nintendo streaming thing that twitch said they wouldn't stream their E3 direct.

so confusing but I feel everyone forgot about it. What was that?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
want Dread to sweep GOTYs or at least be a front runner, maybe even a TGA nom. Can't even think of other candidates right now, there's no excuse when there's no big action adventure open world to give it to if Horizon doesn't make this year.

Imagine Metroid 5 getting nominated at the game awards, surreal.

I'd guess Ratchet and Clank, RE Village are the shoe ins. Maybe Rise too, but I think post launch hasn't been good and people are mad?

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
want Dread to sweep GOTYs or at least be a front runner, maybe even a TGA nom. Can't even think of other candidates right now, there's no excuse when there's no big action adventure open world to give it to if Horizon doesn't make this year.

I'd guess Ratchet and Clank, RE Village are the shoe ins. Maybe Rise too, but I think post launch hasn't been good and people are mad?
Not happening no matter how good it is.
REVIII will take most of the awards.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020

Returnal and Ratchet are in as of now. Rise I could see.

Also, is it me but did Village fell out of the conversation rather quick? Haven't seen a "step on me" meme in a while.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just hoping Dread ends up Great.

game of the year talk is too early when compared to already released games.

besides Cyberpunk is eligible, we all know that's gonna sweep cause we were told that last year 🤣

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what was that Nintendo streaming thing that twitch said they wouldn't stream their E3 direct.

so confusing but I feel everyone forgot about it. What was that?
the notice was only put out in japanese. no mention of it in the west. don't know what was in the JP direct that could have caused licensing issues

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I'm sad about the games announced yesterday is that there isn't much to talk about.

Mario Party and Wario are both party games
We already saw a lot of footage from Metroid Dread
Advance Wars are remakes
Etc.

There's that short Breath of the Wild 2 trailer we can speculate about but other than that..

Was really hoping for one last big surprise like Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

And now suddenly the talks about Switch Pro seek to be over.. the next few weeks/months will feel boring :(

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I'm so sorry if this is against the rules, but I've been watching a LOT of reactions/watchings of the Direct and GiantBomb is just SUCH a downer. Like, I've never really had an opinion of them but omg I've never seen such a depressing watch-along of a live event. They don't even remotely seem interested in anything, and Jeff Gerstmann is such a buzz kill even among the coolest of announcement.s

Again, sorry but I didn't know where else to post this other than the GiantBomb thread but I didn't want to bump that for something like this.

Anyway, so many cool reactions out there, if you can sift through the ridiculous over-the-top ones, of course.

JakeDF2

Feb 15, 2020
If someone says that an announcement is imminent, how long do we wait while nothing is announced until we can say with confidence that the rumor was wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.