• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
So I tuned out a few hours before the Direct - were the contents ever actually leaked by practicalbruch or another? If not, that'd be the first time in a while.

tadale

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Hard to not be excited. Metroid Dread alone is a megaton-level announcement - I never thought we'd see that game.

Metroid, SMT, Wario Ware, and Advance Wars all in the back half. It's a great lineup.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd give the direct a 7/10. They had good games there and I'm sure I will love playing them when they release, but they are lacking any heavy hitter for the foreseeable future. There's two reasons I can think of for this. 1) they don't have any heavy hitters ready over the stretch of the next calendar year or 2) they have plans for big games next spring but they're tied to a Switch Pro reveal they aren't quite ready to talk about.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can Nintendo please reveal Punished Link's full design? I need it for reasons.

I liked the direct, but I feel like it needed one more thing to seal the deal for me. Donkey Kong, the next Kirby, a more substantial showing of BOTW 2, just something.

Donkey Kong would have been that game for me. I haven't given up on it yet but I'm not getting my hopes up about it releasing this year anymore.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
I'm proud to wear this
Suswave 's addition to my cursed amalgam is getting the exposure it deserves

Ah, also have to say, as someone whose first exposure to fighting games was literally the first Tekken and grew up on it and its PS1 sequels... Kazuya is a really dope inclusion but I really, really wish they had gone with a woman and/or darkskinned character. If you think about quoting this post to disagree with me, spare us both the time and effort.
+1000000

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020
The trailer had him shooting fire out of his arm with an attachment
ahCBJX8.png

Seems like its before he gets the robot hand! you can see both good arms there

update: also old botw1 style hair

Jul 18, 2020
I liked the direct, but I feel like it needed one more thing to seal the deal for me. Donkey Kong, the next Kirby, a more substantial showing of BOTW 2, just something.

I had this feeling too. I absolutely loved the Direct, Dread and SMT V did just the trick for me, but a "one more thing" kind of thing to end it would have really sealed the deal.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
I'd give the direct a 7/10. They had good games there and I'm sure I will love playing them when they release, but they are lacking any heavy hitter for the foreseeable future. There's two reasons I can think of for this. 1) they don't have any heavy hitters ready over the stretch of the next calendar year or 2) they have plans for big games next spring but they're tied to a Switch Pro reveal they aren't quite ready to talk about.
I absolutely think the latter is more likely. Look how stacked 2022 already is!
I had this feeling too. I absolutely loved the Direct, Dread and SMT V did just the trick for me, but a "one more thing" kind of thing to end it would have really sealed the deal.
If we had been given a Xeno or DK as the one more thing this Direct could possibly be GOATed

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Do we think Nintendo has anything else for this year that hasn't been announced yet? I feel like November needs a big game (BDSP is not a big game lmao)

Edit: oh right SMT V

BDSP will at bare minimum triple SMTV and that requires SMTV to break Atlus records for any game and BDSP to perform abysmally for a Pokémon game..

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Ah, also have to say, as someone whose first exposure to fighting games was literally the first Tekken and grew up on it and its PS1 sequels... Kazuya is a really dope inclusion but I really, really wish they had gone with a woman and/or darkskinned character. If you think about quoting this post to disagree with me, spare us both the time and effort.
I hope the last pick is a woman/poc for sure. Although I kind of dread the reactions we'd get if the last Smash character is, say, a black woman instead of "Dante/Master Chief/Doomguy/random dude the internet wants". Not that that matters, and the internet can cry all it wants.

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
It's interesting how Nintendo came out of the gate in 2017 with all of these big, single-player experiences like BOTW, Odyssey, and Xenoblade 2.

Now they've pivoted to more multiplayer focused (Golf, Party) and shorter games (Metroid, Wario Ware).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's go change your avatars

Team 2021
-Skittzo0413
-a11244
-Dragoncaine
-NabiscoFelt
-Aether
-LukasManak22
-FossilPhantom
-Starphanluke
-MasterJay
-MaitreWakou
-b3llydrum
-Jencks
-Meelow
-Magic-Man
-karmitt
-TheSupervillain
-Josh5890
-Marcelo Guimaraes
-MrEevee98
-storres
-phyl0x
-Porygon
-BozPaggs
-Scard
-MG12
-coolcam52
-indospot
-alm0st^_^
-hologram
-Meeloo
-EdenGamer25
-Gamendschaapje
-AmbitiousHylian
-IronFalcon1997
-GravyFingerZ
-LuckyNumber69

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
(BDSP is not a big game lmao)

it's going to be more popular and sell more than like 99% of everything else Nintendo releases. pretty high chance of being 15m+ and there's only 6 Switch games to have done that. SMP should be the 7th.

it's just kind of funny how mainstream gamers are disconnected from nintendo and what is popular like animal crossing but then you even have it within nintendo fans too where stuff like BDSP is downplayed, that is going to be a huge game with a ton of popularity.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵
Thirst of the Wild

blessssss

also, weirdly, the Advance Wars game is almost twice as big as Metroid Dread (6.9 GB vs 12 GB)
Couldn't let this masterpiece fade into memory

Also nice

that watery Link ability has me asking a few questions

such as, can you get to the true ending if you LiquidLink™ into Dehydrated Ganondorf?
Ninty are going to pull a DC "Heroes of The Wild don't do that"

Glom

Feb 8, 2021
Did the person who came up with the avatar bet not think of all the innocent people who would have suffer?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Team 2021
-Skittzo0413
-a11244
-Dragoncaine
-NabiscoFelt
-Aether
-LukasManak22
-FossilPhantom
-Starphanluke
-MasterJay
-MaitreWakou
-b3llydrum
-Jencks
-Meelow
-Magic-Man
-karmitt
-TheSupervillain
-Josh5890
-Marcelo Guimaraes
-MrEevee98
-storres
-phyl0x
-Porygon
-BozPaggs
-Scard
-MG12
-coolcam52
-indospot
-alm0st^_^
-hologram
-Meeloo
-EdenGamer25
-Gamendschaapje
-AmbitiousHylian
-IronFalcon1997
-GravyFingerZ
-LuckyNumber69

I am a man who pays his debts!

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Do we think Nintendo has anything else for this year that hasn't been announced yet? I feel like November needs a big game (BDSP is not a big game lmao)

Edit: oh right SMT V
Not expecting anything more in November (well, maybe Style Savvy). But August having 0 first party games, and September only having Wario Ware makes me half expecting they're maybe waiting to announce the Pro to announce DK.
No reasons to not announce it at E3 and then show it again with the Pro, but it's weird that Nintendo doesn't have a game to launch with the Pro. Wario Ware can't be it lol.
Or it's an October release and Metroid is it ? Not what I expected. We'll see.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

Team 2021
-Skittzo0413
-a11244
-Dragoncaine
-NabiscoFelt
-Aether
-LukasManak22
-FossilPhantom
-Starphanluke
-MasterJay
-MaitreWakou
-b3llydrum
-Jencks
-Meelow
-Magic-Man
-karmitt
-TheSupervillain
-Josh5890
-Marcelo Guimaraes
-MrEevee98
-storres
-phyl0x
-Porygon
-BozPaggs
-Scard
-MG12
-coolcam52
-indospot
-alm0st^_^
-hologram
-Meeloo
-EdenGamer25
-Gamendschaapje
-AmbitiousHylian
-IronFalcon1997
-GravyFingerZ
-LuckyNumber69

Noooo. I refussseee

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
ahCBJX8.png

Seems like its before he gets the robot hand! you can see both good arms there

update: also old botw1 style hair

Ok I had to go back to the trailer to double check

That seems like a shield attachment because it's the wrong arm. So wtf guess more new weapons or specialized weapons are back???

The only time he uses the right arm was for the freeze ability

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
We got Metroid Dread. Does that mean it's finally time?

Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball will finally be released?!

Status
Not open for further replies.