• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I'll definitely be picking up Warioware, Metroid, Advance Wars, Super Monkey Ball, and Dragon Ball. I'll also probably be picking up Skyward Sword and Pokemon Brilliant Diamond. Just so much coming out for me this year. And next year is shaping up to be crazy as well, with Splatoon 3, Pokemon Legends Arceus, and BOTW2!

I haven't been this hyped from a Nintendo Presentation in some time.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Splatoon 3
Pokémon Legends
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Bayonetta
Any of those
Splatoon 3 was already shown in February and given a 2022 release window. I don't think they would really have much more to show at this moment. Pokemon Legends is coming in January and will probably get a Pokemon Presents down the line. Bayonetta seems like it has been having a troubled development. And no one knows how far along Donkey Kong actually is, just that it exists.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WE GOT BOTW2!

The teeniest of sips, but we GOT IT

Prince of Persia style time reversal! Portal-style phasing through objects!

LINK WITH HIS HAIR DOWN

I have ascended

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Fuuuuuuuuuck ;_;

Come on, the fucking pandemic can't have THAT much of an impact. They should've NEVER announced this in 2019. So again, after vowing to do better after BotW, they did it right again, and almost worse this time.

As long as Nintendo doesn't officially say holiday 2022, you weren't right. At all. So stop pretending so.
I legitimately think that they announced it early to hype people up but I also think the pandemic delayed them more than they wanted. I'm expecting a late 2022 release at the moment

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that it's not a great Direct unless literally all IPs have gotten a new game announced. Joking aside no matter how much stuff they reveal you will never achieve 100% satisfaction.

I think it's that plus that fact people want AAA content at all times.
Just like with the February 2019 Direct, a lot of smaller games got announced here that looked phenomenal.

Sep 8, 2020
Wow! So many great announcements and a BOTW 2 trailer- freaking hyped! When Link was falling from the sky I literally gasped! Shame it is 2022, but not really surprising tbh! Also funny reading how some people are upset that Nintendo didn't port some Zelda games considering all the time people complain about Nintendo porting too many games! For me that was an awesome direct! 9/10 (-1 no Waluigi!)
Barring your sentiments about the absence of your son, I agree wholeheartedly. 10/10. I don't think we could have asked for more.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
The show was good, but I won't lie, the lack of Bayo 3 or something MonolithSoft has me more disappointed than I thought beforehand.

Also, I can't fucking believe they went with Metroid Dread of all things, lmaooo

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
Any news regarding the Switch release of Spelunky 1 and 2? The previous trailer said summer 2021 and I was hoping to hear more about it today.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, that was Koei Tecmo's game. Intelligent Systems usually works on these games.

Hey, let me whisper a secret in your ear. The next fire emblem game will also be a koei tecmo collaboration. They haven't been secretly working on another game internally such as a remake after they outsourced the big brand new game, that idea was always fundamentally stupid.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I guess it makes sense to save Pokemon Snap DLC for a potential Pokemon Presents, but no update for Animal Crossing?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I hope that stalker robot isn't chasing you all the time in Dread. If it's only a few segments like with X-Samus, it's okay.

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
I have no idea why people in the Direct thread are so upset and shocked at getting no Super Switch news. It's been blasted at full volume since the announcement that the Direct would focus exclusively on software, and it even said as much on screen before the show.

Sep 8, 2020
Can I just say, as a massive Tekken fan, Kazuya Mishima in Smash with his combos making it in is just insane. What a choice of character!!! Something totally out of left field and totally amazing!!!

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
If Advance Wars and Metroid fans don't put their money where they put their prayers, I'm going to be mad.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Pretty good direct:
- SMTV footage and release date (yes it leaked, but it still counts)
- Advance Wars Remake
- Metroid Dread
- Guardians of the Galaxy day and date release!
- Wario Ware
- Danganronpa collection
- Fatal Frame

BOTW2 segment was a let-down, they did rather little to show how this is an evolution of the first game. It didn't give off the vibe of a sequel yet, but they need to show more for that. The lack of FE and MS was another let-down, I and hoped to see at least one of those two.

But all in all, I'm pretty happy with what I got. I have my gaming plan laid out for me with MHS2, SMTV, Pokemon BDSP, GOTG (still can't believe that that one is coming day and date, awesome!), and Advance Wars remake. And 2022 starts off great as well with Pokemon Arceus!

Oh, and Oregano , post if you're okay. Bamco and NIS have betrayed you

Edengamer25

Aug 29, 2020
For some reason I feel a little whelmed about the new BOTW2 trailer as it raises many questions like

Will it just be the sky explorable?
More biomes to explore? How big is the world?
Is the ground actually changed?

But overall that was an amazing trailer and im still overall hyped

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Overall a great Direct. Liked all the announcements and the BOTW2 Trailer.
But the lack of any Animal Crossing updates is just disappointing. It outsold Smash by over 10m. in just 12 months but doesn't even get as much support as Smash in it's third year. What the F?

coolcam52

Jan 14, 2019
B+. Wanted one more single player focused game, or at least a title for botw2. Metroid Dread and Zelda look absolutely amazing though, Wario Ware looks great, advance wars is neat if a little underwhelming visually and mario party is promising. I was a little disappointed by smash because I've wanted Lloyd since brawl but Kazuya is a fine addition. I'm also pretty hyped for smt v and monkey ball. Best direct we've had in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.