• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I'm going in to tomorrow with the hope that I'll see at least one game I'd be interested in. I feel like that's the healthy way to look at it.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
I mean, the games look good and all, and the demo is nice...but was there anything new?
Honest question. it seems all this was well known, and could have truly been a tweet per game?
this feels like presentation from obligation...

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
  • New Smash fighter: Chell
  • Portal 1 & 2 shadow drop digital only
  • Yoshi's Island HD - Straight port of the SNES game with HD visuals and orchestral soundtrack
  • Quick look: Mario Golf, Mario + Rabbids, Jump Rope Challenge 2, Nintendo Labo Pinball, Art Style HD Collection
  • Super Metroid: HD (High Dread). Includes additional map area and "dread" mode (Not specified what this is)
  • "Summer Of 64": 5 Nintendo 64 games added to NSO each month through September. First 5 games are: Super Mario 64, Pilotwings 64, Blast Corps, Wave Race 64 and F-Zero X all running at 60 fps
  • Donkey Kong Jr: Insert Coin - A new arcade-style Donkey Kong Jr. where Mario is once again the bad guy. 100+ levels. eShop exclusive
  • The Legend Of Zelda: Dust Of The Fallen. Out November 2021
I'd love that but too optimistic :/

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
E3 has already redeemed itself to me thanks to M+R 2 and the hilarious CHAOS trailer.

Really CHAOS would've been worth the whole event alone. I mean, I feel bad for those who were looking forward to Team Ninja x Final Fantasy but damn that trailer was gold

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I have no problem at all with that Capcom show. They were pretty clear in setting expectations. It also pushed me from "on the fence" to "probably buy, definitely will try the demo" for MHS2, and "not even on my radar" to "color me intrigued" for GAA.

I imagine this was the point in doing it. It's basically just a big ad. It's getting GAA as big a promotional push as it can get and the Stories demo looks intriguing.

I'm hopeful the fact they had their own event instead of it being part of tomorrow's Direct means Nintendo has new stuff to show.

midori ☾

Feb 4, 2021
now that I've defended Square Enix I just want to say that the FF Origin PS5 demo is still unplayable and I really want to know what happened here x)

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
I'm going in to tomorrow with the hope that I'll see at least one game I'd be interested in. I feel like that's the healthy way to look at it.
You expect one game YOU are interested in? come on, keep your expectations in check, what it there is none you personally are interested, but someone oht there liked the kirby return to dreamland remaster for 60$?

/s

i would like 2 games for the rest of this year i like, but yeah, i also dont expect a full blowout.
and with the demo i will give MH stories a chance , maybe its a day one game.

TonyBaduy

Oct 11, 2020
Mexico
At least with Sega's leaking itself all over E3 we know that Shin Megami Tensei will probably have a trailer tomorrow and so the new... remaster? Remake? Of Super Monkey Ball, that should make people happy.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Square could have easily put their games in MS conference (minus Babylon Falls), and Capcom could have put their games in Nintendo Direct and Ubisoft could have put Mario & Rabbids 2 in Nintendo Direct.
And make those already long and boring conferences even longer ? I'll take a few boring conferences over one massive boring and never ending conference.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine this was the point in doing it. It's basically just a big ad. It's getting GAA as big a promotional push as it can get and the Stories demo looks intriguing.

I'm hopeful the fact they had their own event instead of it being part of tomorrow's Direct means Nintendo has new stuff to show.

Time for another Stories 2 trailer

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
ESA only allowed companies to choose a single presentation slot.
You feeling optimistic for the game tomorrow Nate? I will admit I don't know much about Portgual's and Hungary's current strength but based on history I would guess Portugal are favored?
Imagine these publishers taking the money saying "yeah, yeah, we'll make a show..." with a big trollface. It has to be on purpose at this point.
Taking money? How do you think this works?

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
Setting my expectations low really but I'd be surprised if we even see the words "Nintendo Direct" during the Direct tomorrow.

It's OK to have your feelings though this is just gentle satire of the doom posting I hope we all get lots of Nintendo treats tomorrow for sure

Obviously the best way to handle the Direct is to expect Nintendo to announce their bankruptcy and shutting down of all their studios. If anything better than that happens, it'll be above my expectations. /s

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
I can confirm the information on companies being allowed only one time slot. From the exhibitor "manual".

Oct 29, 2017
My overly pessimistic prediction for tomorrow:

•Sizzle reel of Game Builder creations

•Deep Dive into Skyward Sword's motion controls

•Replay of Capcom's Ace Attorney deep dive with a dev interview

•Aunoma apologizes for lack of BOTW

•Kamiya apologizes for lack of Bayo

•Mario faces his greatest challenge yet!!!! Golf

Please be excited/thanks for tuning in..we couldn't do this without YOU the player
I could totally see this

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
At this rate if Nintendo show us four games with gameplay and release dates they owned E3.
well, i would argue that microsoft still had a solid showing, while not mind blowing, especially for my taste.
but by showing something new with gameplay without draging it out for 20 minutes, yeah, an instant second place.

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
If Nintendo had enough material for a multiple day Treehouse and still decided to abide by ESA rules, then i reaaaaally don't know why they are participating at E3 and not doing their own thing instead. E3 hasn't been exactly a nice show this year...

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
  • New Smash fighter: Chell
  • Portal 1 & 2 shadow drop digital only
  • Yoshi's Island HD - Straight port of the SNES game with HD visuals and orchestral soundtrack
  • Quick look: Mario Golf, Mario + Rabbids, Jump Rope Challenge 2, Nintendo Labo Pinball, Art Style HD Collection
  • Super Metroid: HD (High Dread). Includes additional map area and "dread" mode (Not specified what this is)
  • "Summer Of 64": 5 Nintendo 64 games added to NSO each month through September. First 5 games are: Super Mario 64, Pilotwings 64, Blast Corps, Wave Race 64 and F-Zero X all running at 60 fps
  • Donkey Kong Jr: Insert Coin - A new arcade-style Donkey Kong Jr. where Mario is once again the bad guy. 100+ levels. eShop exclusive
  • The Legend Of Zelda: Dust Of The Fallen. Out November 2021
That's actually a pretty convincing Zelda subtitle lol. Have you considered posting to 4chan? /s

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
And make those already long and boring conferences even longer ? I'll take a few boring conferences over one massive boring and never ending conference.

What?

Square could have just shown a trailer of GOTG in the MS Direct and announced gameplay will be uploaded on Youtube after the show, and Nintendo could have shown sizzle reels of Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney in the Nintendo Direct and put the M&R2 Trailers as is in the Nintendo Direct and it would have been good.

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
Most of the conferences this year have been completely unnecessary.

I believe this represents pretty well the situation:

In other words, please save us Nintendo. Please deliver!

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
So if Nintendo wanted to do a 6 hour stream like the previous year they could have?

If no other presentations would conflict, sure. But they could not do a Direct on Thursday and then 3hr Treehouse Lives on Friday thru Tuesday.

You feeling optimistic for the game tomorrow Nate? I will admit I don't know much about Portgual's and Hungary's current strength but based on history I would guess Portugal are favored?
Portugal should win without much concern but can't go in too arrogant. Still need to play the game, be strong on defense, and not make mistakes.

JSG87

Mar 13, 2018
Ayr, Scotland
Imagine if these companies had stuff for Switch but Nintendo wanted to show them in their presentation instead and that explained the quietness. That would be good 🤷‍♂️

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Nintendo had enough material for a multiple day Treehouse and still decided to abide by ESA rules, then i reaaaaally don't know why they are participating at E3 and not doing their own thing instead. E3 hasn't been exactly a nice show this year...
It's probably they're long time partners and had not much issues working with them. All these companies are business partners for decades.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
If no other presentations would conflict, sure. But they could not do a Direct on Thursday and then 3hr Treehouse Lives on Friday thru Tuesday.

Portugal should win without much concern but can't go in too arrogant. Still need to play the game, be strong on defense, and not make mistakes.

See, dammit Capcom!

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017

Taking money? How do you think this works?

Given the state of the show I was certain the ESA was paying publishers to participate nowadays. I was wrong and I'm even more confused, I don't see the point of any of this. Every conference except Xbox has been negative buzz.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
The mood is just right, tomorrow Era will be insufferable during and after the direct. People are mostly pissed at this year's E3, there won't be any 3D Mario or Mario Kart, we're gonna eat a lot of hot takes tomorrow. Let's gooooo

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
now that I've defended Square Enix I just want to say that the FF Origin PS5 demo is still unplayable and I really want to know what happened here x)
Right?! It started off really funny, but now it's genuinely perplexing that it's still down! It's like they've slipped out the backdoor hoping no one would notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.