• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevoDave

Banned
Apr 17, 2021
And we should realise E3 is dying. The best came of E3 is not an E3 game since Geoff stole it because he's the devil.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
The September 2019 Direct had:
  • TMS#FE port
  • Famicom Detective Club remakes
  • SNES NSO
  • moon
  • Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
So for fans of good video games, it was a great time!

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
The rumor was that third party were showing them in their presentation and announced for the Switch family, but the Switch games that are announced could be count with one hand as of now.

I think that game is GotG, they probably changed plans later so Square omitted the Switch version in the announcement to save it for the Switch Pro reveal event.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
I'm sorry, but anyone who was expecting anything more out of the FF "collection" than what we got simply wasn't being honest with themselves. It was very easy to see that this was going to be a huge disappointment.

No way was Square ever going to pack all 6 2D FFs into one collection and sell it to audiences at the regular price, even as straight-up ports of the NES and SNES ROMS, to say nothing of any sort of "enhanced" or "remastered" features. Absolutely, positively not ever gonna happen.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, but anyone who was expecting anything more out of the FF "collection" than what we got simply wasn't being honest with themselves. It was very easy to see that this was going to be a huge disappointment.

No way was Square ever going to pack all 6 2D FFs into one collection and sell it to audiences at the regular price, even as straight-up ports of the NES and SNES ROMS, to say nothing of any sort of "enhanced" or "remastered" features. Absolutely, positively not ever gonna happen.
I think at least everyone expected it to come to switch tho. That's the real kicker.

Jan 11, 2018
MS: B-... Starfield and Halo disappointed, and they have by far the most amount of first party studios now, but we barely saw anything. Where is Hellblade, Fable, and Perfect Dark? I will say that Redfall looks great even though we didn't see gameplay (Arkane is amazing), Psychonauts 2 is definitely my jam and can't wait to play it, and Sommerville will make the wait for the next Playdead game easier.

Ubi: D+... Rainbow Six looked kind of neat, especially compared with the other ones, but I don't think it's something I'll actually play. The first Mario x Rabbids wasn't my jam at all, but the new one has me kind of intrigued. Everything else... Meh. Farcry was Farcry. Was getting some serious uncanny valley with the character models and animations, it looked weird as hell. The rest was blegh.

Square: D... Guardians of the Galaxy looks fine I guess, and I'm glad it's single player. But my disappointment is beyond crushing that Eidos Montreal isn't making a new Deus Ex :(. I knew that wouldn't be the case based on what we've heard but I still hoped against hope. Babylons Fall looked really bad in almost every way... Platinum are spreading themselves way too thin. The Team Ninja FF looked fine I guess but not really my thing. The only saving grace for me here was LiS True Colors, which looks great.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I just know that once I finish watching the direct. I would know if I should come to era or not.

It's easy to tell when the fanbase loses its mind after a direct in a bad way lol

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
FF Origins not PS5 exclusive is surprising, not sure what happened there. The next rumored game I think may surprise in its platforms in reality is Resident Evil Outrage.

Deleted member 53506

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
Geoff's Thing: 6/10, Elden Ring saved that one from a lower score
Ubisoft: didn't watch/10
Microsoft: 7/10
Square Enix: 1/10

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe now we know why Nintendo decided to take sole ownership of the Astral Chain IP? =P

Aether

Jan 6, 2018

I mean, i get the "never will they sell them in one collection"... at the same time:
They are currently selling ff 1-6 on mobile for 79€ since years.
3 of those are remakes (3D remakes, and the bad sprite one with FF6 and FF5)
So a collection, where you buy all of them at once, as plain rom dumps for 60 does seem like a good deal for fans and square? they can be shure that people will buy all 6 instead of just chosing 1 or 2, so more money. Fans get a nice collection.

But even if they would have split it in 2, 1-3 and 4-6 for 40€ each, that would be the price of all 6 on mobile, while thise have the 3D ports and "remakes".

So yeah, a collectiuon in a way was no ilusion. It would be in line with the mobile pricing.

And to expect it to come to consoles? whats wrong with that?

And what nobody expected: for them to invest MONEY to remake them in a way, that for non fans it will be hard to see a difference....especially when there are already remakes that are loved by fans (PSP)

Where is the logic in that?

And for FF6 it will actually kinda feel like a demake in parts it seems...

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
I dont know what you mean by forever seeing how they've released older titles on GBA, DS and 3DS as well.
That's my point, though--they've never re-released those titles in a collection on consoles and there's no reason to think they ever will, despite it being such a seeming no-brainer to everyone else.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Square's showing wasn't even the lineup.

If the games themselves (Babylon's Fall, FF Origins, and the collection) actually looked appealing to people, I'm sure it would've been a pretty well received presentation even if it had the exact same lineup, with the only complaint being Guardians taking too long.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Guardians being so long if anything was a good thing. It was easily the best thing on that show, even if that's not a high bar.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
I really hope they dont open with BotW2. This would definitely indicate that its a 2022 game. 😂😅
They'll open with the next Smash character. No question about that.

The question is, where in the presentation do they fit in the Zelda segment? I'm thinking they'll probably do it fairly early to get it out of the way.

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
I ended up skipping through most of it.

I don't think Stranger of Paradise looks that bad, though. I would play it.
My main issue with it - beyond the imo really bland art direction and early PS3 era graphics - is how tryhard edgy it is, and how boring the MC dude looks. It feels like it's trying too hard to pander to dudebros or something which just seems like a weird direction for a FF game imo.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
If Metroid is a super Metroid remake that didn't look good. I ain't coming here to see the wrath lol.

if Zelda is confirmed not playable off the bat. Hooo booy
Man, if they come with another 2D metroid remake im done.
Since Fusion we had 2 remakes, i mean both needed, but now its really time for a new one.
Did I say something wrong? English isn't my first language lol :(
reinsurance | reasurance

Reinsurance is insurance that an insurance company purchases from another insurance company to insulate itself (at least in part) from the risk of a major claims event.

reassurance:
the action of removing someone's doubts or fears.

so you probably meant reassurance? =)

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Me thinking we'd get to play as characters inspired by Amano-art in Final Fantasy Origin.

Straight up clown shit.
Yeah, they successfully killed my interest in what was, on paper, a really promising sounding project. Same with the shitshow of the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster.

I guess Guardians looked pretty fun and Life is Strange seems like a thing I should try, but if they come to Switch they're coming late.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Been lurking on some threads and there is a lot of 'Nintendo save us' mentality. Combine that with the celebration of dislike-bombing Square's videos and I am afraid for Tuesday lol

Imagine if there's a teaser trailer for Skyward's Sword and no BotW2, the dislikes on that poor SS video...

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
Animal Crossing was shown in the middle of the E3 2019 Direct, and it came out in March 2020.

They could give the same treatment to Zelda if it comes out in March 2022.

Deleted member 63122

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Been lurking on some threads and there is a lot of 'Nintendo save us mentality'. Combine that with the celebration of dislike-bombing Square's videos and I am afraid for Tuesday lol

Imagine if there's a teaser trailer for Skyward's Sword and no BotW2, the dislikes on that poor SS video...
That would be deserved, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.