• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man Tom and some people came up with a great way Paper Mario could be introduced into Smash. It'd be Waluigi getting a Smash invitation making the fans think Waluigi is finally in Smash, then the invitation unfolds into Paper Mario. Lol I love it.

Nah, shouldn't give Waluigi fans hope like that only to snatch it away.

It's a good way to ensure a large chunk of the reaction to the announcement is anger, and it's not like paper mario needs any additional help on that front.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
dbd6nzd-e2798003-f16d-4d83-9ab9-7c848a1e5ff5.gif

It's crazy to think that this may be the first 2D Metroid designed to be played with two joysticks. Imagine what that can do for the action of the series, having the ability to aim freely as you move.
And depending on the pro, it'll be the first 4K Metroid (before we got HD Metroid)

Avoid metacommentary about insiders

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Official Staff Communication
For future reference, please avoid metacommentary complaining about insiders. Dates change, things get moved around at the last minute, and some publishers were still finalising their E3 plans up to the last minute.

It does nobody any good to obsess about this stuff, and attempting to derail this thread into complaints about insiders will result in a ban. Thanks

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Don't mind me, just adding the thread reply banner and threadmarks from the last one, they still apply. Have a great E3, Nintendo Era :-)

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Official Staff Communication
For future reference, please avoid metacommentary complaining about insiders. Dates change, things get moved around at the last minute, and some publishers were still finalising their E3 plans up to the last minute.

It does nobody any good to obsess about this stuff, and attempting to derail this thread into complaints about insiders will result in a ban. Thanks
Doing the lord's work as always
Why is this guy acting mad though?

Not gonna lie, while I really enjoy MVG's rapport with Nate, his constant pessimism about the Pro is getting kinda annoying

Christo750

May 10, 2018
For a new thread: yeah a Pro probably exists but those screenshots look just as good as the first game did in Switch's launch year. The new one will look just fine on the OG Switch.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I'm going to manifest Metroid news by playing Metroid Prime and posting Metroid music. What are your fave tunes everyone?

applepie

Aug 11, 2020
It's a very exciting time for Metroid, considering the last Metroid in the timeline ended up in a kind of plot twist and that was back in the GBA days

And even the Prime series ended up in a cliffhanger and that was 2007.

Metroid Other M was a story no one actually cared about, and after that we had a remake of a story that didn't change much we knew of. So the series as a linear story is still in time for decades now. Maybe that's why people act so dismissive of Metroid nowadays?

The series kind of needs a gameplay reinvention too, but the potential is all there.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Doing the lord's work as always

Not gonna lie, while I really enjoy MVG's rapport with Nate, his constant pessimism about the Pro is getting kinda annoying

He's being a realist based on the information he's been given. I don't blame him.

I'm still optimistic about a Switch Pro coming out, eventually.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Were there actually some Metroid hints or is it just wishful thinking?

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I highly doubt that Mercury Steam has been busy only with Spacelords all these years. It doesn't seem like it was a very successful game.

Status
Not open for further replies.