• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Pssst *whispers* I actually did buy P5R on sale a few weeks ago (lol). Thought I'd potentially like it more when streaming it from the PS4 to my phone.
Never made it past the opening five hours or so tho. xD
But that might also be due to me not using my PS4 much anymore in any case, as I primarily play on Switch + PC now, and keep dropping the few PS titles I still wanted to give a shot or try getting into again.
Spider-Man PS4 is suffering from the exact same -- almost 7h played into it, but haven't started it up in like almost two weeks or so?? Can't even remember tbh.

P5R should in theory be more doable, given that streaming a JRPG like it is less of a compromise than with something like Spider-Man, but my ... feelings towards vanilla P5 make it harder to give it a fair shot, ngl.
Totally fair. Royal adds a bunch of little things to the game that definitely improve the experience, plus the whole new semester and all that obviously, but in general it's much the same game it already was (especially near the beginning, most of the changes build up gradually over time). It's unlikely to get someone to come around on the game that wasn't super into the original, despite being the definitive version IMO.

Perhaps one day we can unite in our opinions of Persona 6, when that comes out in... like 2027.

Actually SMTV is probably the answer here, that game looks AMAZING. So stoked to play it.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is Xenoblade Golf now the greatest spinoff idea ever? right down to Toadstool Tour taunt/support stick potential where Reyn would be too stong
Imagine you're playing battle golf, running around the course, and your shot accidentally clips Gonzalez. Suddenly You Will Know Our Names starts playing and you have to run for your life long enough to de-aggro him before you can get back to your next shot... it's perfect!
tenor.gif

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I dare anyone to name a Direct as disappointing as The Netherlands - Czech Republic. I'll wait 😅
Turkey was the most disappointing team by a mile. They were playing very good until that tournament where they completely blacked out. It was like the most hyped direct ever showing only Switch Sports, Switch music and Nintendogs Switch.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, even if they do remake golden sun, I'm not eager at all for all the bullshit "it looks like a mobile game" when it's not a sprite based game any more, which is inevitable if they do a remake. (There's no way Nintendo would sign off on such a huge project with sprites, nor any way Camelot could make them with the high end sprites people would expect).
That'll definitely be the biggest issue. Bringing it from sprites to the Switch. I can't see it turning out to where it's not getting shat on.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Turkey was the most disappointing team by a mile. They were playing very good until that tournament where they completely blacked out. It was like the most hyped direct ever showing only Switch Sports, Switch music and Nintendogs Switch.
The Netherlands' tournament was basically a slightly encouraging but cautious start to a Direct with a Mario Sports announcements and a couple of decent smaller tier third parties, and then the rest of the direct consists of watching Miyamoto play a Wii Music port on Switch. Badly. And the controls visibly suck. And then the one more thing: you have to buy a separate peripheral to play it, and it will have limited stock.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands vs Czech Republic was more like Metroid being announced as returning like Mallen almost scoring but then Seconds later being revealed as Federation Force with De Ligt being sent off.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Silver Case physical edition is £40 at The Game Collection, so I'm tempted to add that to my July spending spree. But that's Ys IX, Monster Hunter Stories 2, Zelda joycons, Skyward Sword HD, and Silver Case in the same month... like £240.

But part of me is thinking Ys IX and Silver Case physical editions might be worth something in the future.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Despite all my complaints regarding Mario Golf, I'm still having a blast with it. Mario sports games are just plain fun to play.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so happy that one of my most anticipated games of this year is finally releasing in less than two weeks! (Monster Hunter Stories 2).
After months of not buying games I'm prepared for the onslaught of July.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Silver Case physical edition is £40 at The Game Collection, so I'm tempted to add that to my July spending spree. But that's Ys IX, Monster Hunter Stories 2, Zelda joycons, Skyward Sword HD, and Silver Case in the same month... like £240.

But part of me is thinking Ys IX and Silver Case physical editions might be worth something in the future.
Following extensive pressure from everyone in this thread, I've preordered the physical edition of The Silver Case.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I want to mention that Melia's new design in Xenoblade Chronicles DE expansion is incredible.

They made a great-looking character into a better one.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I watched that Sparks of Hope trailer again, and no Yoshi feels bad. :( I hope there will be some DLC.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
So, I wanted to try Octopath Traveler on my new TV, felt like the art style would go well with OLED.

It looks great... and I've kinda fell in love with the game again.

It is really well suited for replay: every single cutscene is skippable, you don't have to replay the prologues of each character if you don't want to...
I can just go back to the excellent battle system and music, I just love it.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Every once in a while I'll play a BotW2 trailer analysis video on youtube in the background while doing chores, and too many of them tend to assume there's some kind of time skip because of the clothes Link is wearing, or that you play as a different/past Link. It's almost like everyone forgot that Link can wear different kinds of clothes/armor in BotW that can make him look very different. Not to mention you see him later wearing the old tunic during the same trailer. I mean, the time skip/different link is a possibility for sure, but too many ppl seem to take it for granted now.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm so happy that one of my most anticipated games of this year is finally releasing in less than two weeks! (Monster Hunter Stories 2).
After months of not buying games I'm prepared for the onslaught of July.
The demo was fantastic, I can't stop talking about it. So heartwarming and fun. Can't wait for it to release.

Last edited:

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I think the monkey's paw part would be that it ditches switch/nintendo, which would be annoying
Totally understandable thing to be annoyed by. Right now I only own a Switch and play some games on my friends PS5, but if what's necessary for SMT to be really successful is to have entry that it is AAA big budget on PS5, XSX and PC, so be it!

It will lead to more money being put into developing stuff like Strange Journey and DDSurvivor.

But I doubt that SEGA/Atlus have the money or interest to put that much money and effort into SMT as it is right now, let's hope that SMTV becomes a big thing.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Totally understandable thing to be annoyed by. Right now I only own a Switch and play some games on my friends PS5, but if what's necessary for SMT to be really successful is to have entry that it is AAA big budget on PS5, XSX and PC, so be it!

It will lead to more money being put into developing stuff like Strange Journey and DDSurvivor.

But I doubt that SEGA/Atlus have the money or interest to put that much money and effort into SMT as it is right now, let's hope that SMTV becomes a big thing.

It definitely wouldn't; those games just wouldn't exist.

There's a good chance they already won't exist considering Strange Journey was basically a mainline game and the Devil Survivor team are now part of the SMTV team.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

Big budget ≠ automatic success

I don't understand why so many people think making a series that was not popular into a AAA budget type of game will automatically make it a huge success. In fact it can hurt the series especially if it doesn't sell enough to cover the costs. Like Persona became popular without a huge budget and is making more money without spending loads of unnecessary costs. SMT doesn't need a crazy amount of budget to be successful. All it needs is good marketing (covered by Nintendo), good wom, and it being on Switch which has a big Jrpg audience.

A gradual push is better than throwing lots of money into a game to think it will lead to success. It's also a problem Namco has as well when Harada thinks a Jrpg needs bigger budgets to cross the million mark when that's false because it was proven wrong with Xenoblade 2.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Big budget ≠ automatic success

I don't understand why so many people think making a series that was not popular into a AAA budget type of game will automatically make it a huge success. In fact it can hurt the series especially if it doesn't sell enough to cover the costs. Like Persona became popular without a huge budget and is making more money without spending loads of unnecessary costs. SMT doesn't need a crazy amount of budget to be successful. All it needs is good marketing (covered by Nintendo), good wom, and it being on Switch which has a big Jrpg audience.

A gradual push is better than throwing lots of money into a game to think it will lead to success. It's also a problem Namco has as well when Harada thinks a Jrpg needs bigger budgets to cross the million mark when that's false because it was proven wrong with Xenoblade 2.

There's also assuming that becoming an "AAA" game wouldn't mean stripping away a lot of the series identity. Would it keep turn based battles? Negotiations? Fundamentally change the tone(people were already unhappy with Apocalypse)?

It's a bit of a derail anyway. Especially when SMTV to its credit seems to be evolving the series AND keeping the core intact brilliantly, and taking it to the next level of popularity by the looks of it.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Listening to a Metroid podcast and it's pretty heated lol. Arguing about when they should release a Metroid game and Prime trilogy. (Pre E3 episode)

im actually liking it cause 99% of other podcasts for anything gaming just has everyone agree with each other and discussion just spires into "yeah makes sense, nothing else to add". And then they start talking like they disagreed in the first place and other person is like "makes sense, yeah".

Spheromancer

Sep 24, 2020
I just finally got to setting up my computer to emulate my 3DS games on, its a whole different world. Cant believe I didnt do this sooner. OOT3D in 1440 is so nice

Status
Not open for further replies.