• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
NRNkPHk.png
"Magnum Opus"
"Nintendo very happy with the results"

Give me a break with this BS

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I've always thought basing the new bad in Prime around a dude from a DS game from 15 years ago was a weird decision. Seems like it could alienate people.
The character is pretty much a blank slate, so they kinda need to reintroduce them either way, all we know is that they use stolen Federation tech and they shoot Samus a couple of times, not much more.
Other than that we don't even know their gender or anything.
Just the couple of secret ending hints in Prime 3 and Federation Force, but they also don't amount to much.

In the end it will not amount to more than a nice callback to an earlier game, but be pretty much its own thing.
Yeah no, what would be the point of remaking Prime Hunters.
It was my first Metroid game and I have fond memories of it, but it has like 3 bosses that it reuses and mixes up a little bit with each fight and just reuses downgraded assets from Prime 1 and 2.
It's an accomplishment how competent the game is for what it is and the Multiplayer is fun, but at his point they should just remake it, or not bother.
But they could just put those resources into a wholly new game instead, cause that's what a remake of Hunters would amount to, a total revamp to bring it up to the same quality of the other games.
It's just a repetitive game that uses Multiplayer bots for most of its fights in the single player.
It has many tech demo vibes still, and that's pretty much what it was looking at the first hunt demo.
But this 4chan post is a funny fan fiction.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have they said whether or not Mario Party Superstars would have like... 2 players on one console and 2 players on another over the internet? Can my girlfriend and I play against my buddy and his girlfriend on the other side of the country?

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have they said whether or not Mario Party Superstars would have like... 2 players on one console and 2 players on another over the internet? Can my girlfriend and I play against my buddy and his girlfriend on the other side of the country?
I don't think they've explicitly said so but I believe that is often how Nintendo games' multiplayer works. Maximum 2 players per console in that mode, though

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Metroid Prime 4 credits role :"To be continued"

Next shareholders meeting: "Metroid Prime 4 barely cracked 1 million in sales so we are re-evaluating the future of the franchise."

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Man, Bowser's Fury is so good. Nintendo should really sell this separately.
I don't want to pay 80 CAD for it when I've already played through 3D World twice, so yes, I would very much like this.

It feels weird knowing there's a 3D Mario game out there that I haven't played. I'm just waiting for a sale, though.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Would they make an $80 HD Remake of Advance Wars 1 + 2 if they were going to put GBA games on NSO? hmmmm just doin some out-loud thinkin over here

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Regarding GB/GBC/GBA on NSO, there are a few reasons that I believe prevent this from being a viable thing.

1) The library of must-play GB/GBC games is not very large. Especially GB. Link's Awakening got a stellar remake, and aside from that, what are the major GB/GBC games that might be included?

2) Third parties are largely out. We've seen companies package their legacy content in their own collections, so I doubt you'd see all three Castlevania GBA games show up (there is a collection seemingly on the way). Tetris exists in a million different forms. Licensed games are basically a no-go. So what's left?

3) While I believe GB/GBC/GBA games look alright when blown up on a large screen (or in portable mode), maybe fidelity would be an issue as well. Maybe it's not a good look to put out such dated looking games on NSO.

That said, I kinda don't see it happening, and I think I'm alright with that. I think I'd rather see more games like the Advance Wars reboot.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Regarding GB/GBC/GBA on NSO, there are a few reasons that I believe prevent this from being a viable thing.

1) The library of must-play GB/GBC games is not very large. Especially GB. Link's Awakening got a stellar remake, and aside from that, what are the major GB/GBC games that might be included?

2) Third parties are largely out. We've seen companies package their legacy content in their own collections, so I doubt you'd see all three Castlevania GBA games show up (there is a collection seemingly on the way). Tetris exists in a million different forms. Licensed games are basically a no-go. So what's left?

3) While I believe GB/GBC/GBA games look alright when blown up on a large screen (or in portable mode), maybe fidelity would be an issue as well. Maybe it's not a good look to put out such dated looking games on NSO.

That said, I kinda don't see it happening, and I think I'm alright with that. I think I'd rather see more games like the Advance Wars reboot.
The only way for third parties is, if Nintendo gives big money like Xbox do and we know they are not about that life.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England

Tetris
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2
Link's Awakening
Pokemon Blue/Red
Pokemon Gold/Silver
Kirby's Dream Land
Metroid 2: Return of Samus
Wario Land
Wario Land 2
Donkey Kong Land 1, 2 & 3
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Mario's Picross
Donkey Kong 94
Dr Mario

This is before third party games are even considered...
:)

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Just take the M2 emulator from Wii U, and your golden for smoothing options that don't suck. There are tons of GB games that have no shot of being remade that could be released like Mole Mania, Alleyway, the wario land games. Would be easy for them to space this out and get 50-100 titles if you just get Natsume to come along.

Status
Not open for further replies.