• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
my dream for the Switch Pro is to raise the limits in Game Builder Garage! 32 Fancy Objects is NOT ENOUGH

Deleted member 85465

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2020
IMG_20210622_141459.jpg

Videogames have come a long way... since Pac-man.

It feels great to finally be able to play portable in a comfortable way.

Have read that Switch´s Deadly Premonition port is the second best one, wonder if it will run better on the Pro, found the sequel for like 10 bucks the other day too.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Since I've returned to 3D Mario begging, I thought I'd make a little overview:

64 - Sunshine: 6 years
Sunshine - Galaxy: 5.5 years
Galaxy - Galaxy 2: 2.5 years
Galaxy - 3DW: 3.5 years
3DW - Odyssey: 4 years

Nate said (unless I misread it) that the team was working on Odyssey 2, and with BotW2 most likely being the holiday game of 2022, that could mean that we have to wait until at least Q1 2023. If that's the case, the wait from Odyssey to Odyssey 2 has been 5.5 years, incredibly long for a new Mario. Plus, it's a sequel. Yes, there was Bowser's Fury, but Treasure Tracker released in 2015 and EPD8 was still able to push out Odyssey 4 years after 3DW. Now there is a chance it'll be announced at a September Direct this year for a release in like May 2022, but I have a slight feeling that if that was the case, it would've already been announced...

I don't think Nintendo needs to announce that right away since they already have a few big tickets already penciled in for 2022.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gosh I'm way too excited about the Zelda Game & Watch. I played a ton of the Mario one during ZOOM meetings.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Nate said (unless I misread it) that the team was working on Odyssey 2, and with BotW2 most likely being the holiday game of 2022, that could mean that we have to wait until at least Q1 2023. If that's the case, the wait from Odyssey to Odyssey 2 has been 5.5 years, incredibly long for a new Mario. Plus, it's a sequel. Yes, there was Bowser's Fury, but Treasure Tracker released in 2015 and EPD8 was still able to push out Odyssey 4 years after 3DW. Now there is a chance it'll be announced at a September Direct this year for a release in like May 2022, but I have a slight feeling that if that was the case, it would've already been announced...
Don't forget the DK game coming. That's a big reason for Odyssey 2 taking a little longer

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
How I'd wish to play Metroid Dread and SMT V on the revision. Dread seems to be 1080p/60FPS on base Switch, wonder how it would look if it got patched. 1080p or more for SMT V would be great too, game's artstyle and assets deserve it, although the game already looks great for a Switch base game. Honestly, I didn't expect a jump so big from Persona 5 coming by the Maniax team. I'm really happy with this year's Switch lineup.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
How I'd wish to play Metroid Dread and SMT V on the revision. Dread seems to be 1080p/60FPS on base Switch, wonder how it would look if it got patched. 1080p or more for SMT V would be great too, game's artstyle and assets deserve it, although the game already looks great for a Switch base game. Honestly, I didn't expect a jump so big from Persona 5 coming by the Maniax team. I'm really happy with this year's Switch lineup.

Tbh if you look at how great Tokyo Mirage Sessions looks it should have been expected.

I guess the majority of us were probably looking at SMT IV and Apocolypse on 3DS.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
IMG_20210622_141459.jpg

Videogames have come a long way... since Pac-man.

It feels great to finally be able to play portable in a comfortable way.

Have read that Switch´s Deadly Premonition port is the second best one, wonder if it will run better on the Pro, found the sequel for like 10 bucks the other day too.

I can't recommend the hori split pad enough for anyone who deals with tendonitis fingers or finds the joycons too small/crampy in general. For me, it took the switch from an occasional/exclusive-only system to a real option for multiplatform games. fuck those joycons

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017

I can envision a scenario where Splatoon 3 comes out in March and SMO2 comes out in, like, June. A Mario game releasing during the summer isn't unheard of. And it could easily be announced during a theoretical September Direct – the original SMO was only "officially" announced nine months before it came out, and SMM2 was announced a mere five months before it came out.

I think Nintendo's going to want to have some kind of big game between Splatoon 3 and BotW2, if BotW2 is indeed the big November game next year.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the pro will come out on the same day as Diablo 2 and it will have an enhanced version where Mephisto drops a damn Stormshield or Herald of Zakarum once in a while.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
And there's Samus Returns finished (again!). I really dig that game. I think most of its pitfalls are inherent to the original Metroid II. Samus' movement feels so fucking good in this game.

Going to take a breather from Metroid for a minute before my replay of Super. Any good suggestions for a fun game to play in between? I just got some 3DS games and am considering either the 3DS re(de?)make of Luigi's Mansion or Fire Emblem Echoes. Also considering some Golden Sun virtual console action. Luigi's Mansion seems like it'd be the quickest.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
You know we were doing well until someone brought up Switch Pro.

I swear the Switch Pro is a curse for Nintendo Era.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I actually would like some Pokémon news pretty soon.

Diamond and Pearl being faithful remakes has me interested in getting them. Even if original D/P are just okay. I like the Artstyle they went with tho lol

TonyDaExpert

May 29, 2018
At this point I am just hoping the assembly starting in July is true and if so we can see some more interesting leaks like a picture. Besides that, I don't if we will see something on June 23rd, seems a bit much of a reach if people had to rescramble the numbers but we will see...

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
Crossposting this from the other day as this is what I think they're planning to do:

Nintendo wants the Switch to be the best-selling system ever. Development for years to come will be focused on the original Switch as a baseline and inmediately improved on the enhanced revision, be it better framerates, resolution, both or even other effects (for example, Monster Hunter 4 on the New 3DS having both better framerate and LoD). Nintendo is getting comfy with this level of development costs, it's working great for both them and consumers and this strategy allows to cater a userbase of 85M+ consoles and the tech enthusiast and hardcore gamer that wants better IQ and framerates, that the new system will achieve both by brute force (as assets will be made with the old Switch in mind) and new groundbreaking techniques like DLSS. Obviously the original Switch will be phased out eventually, but the old Switch won't be put aside as it'll be the biggest market to cater to for a long while. I like this system more than any other videogame console format, hope this success and market share lasts long term.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
You know we were doing well until someone brought up Switch Pro.

I swear the Switch Pro is a curse for Nintendo Era.
Let me speak from my heart: I love the Nintendo Switch. In my almost 30 years of life, the entirety of which has involved video games, never has there been a console I've played and loved half as much as I do the Switch. I don't want to speak on behalf of anyone in this thread so let me just say I am willing to bet there are many in this thread who might feel similarly to myself. I do know for a fact there are those who do not, and to those people I recommend a Swiffer™ duster.

The idea of a more premium version of this device that brings me joy every day is one that is hard to avoid. Pardon us for dreaming of a better Switch.

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020

Either that, or Zelda gets delayed to 2023 and Nintendo puts Mario in the holiday 22 slot.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Just like Mother 3 for the Switch doesn't exist (or for any other upcoming console, for that matter).
I was never really on the "Nintendo is going to re-release Mother 3" train, but I do think the fact that no Mother/Earthbound game has appeared on the NSO service is a little interesting. I could see Nintendo release a Mother/Earthbound collection as a paid product. They know their core fans would pay for that. Am I expecting it? No, but if they announced it for next April or May or whatever I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

It's sort of like how I raise an eyebrow toward Super Mario RPG not yet appearing on the service. Both Super Mario RPG and (outside of Japan) Earthbound appeared on the Super NES Classic, so Nintendo knows those are some of the top games people want from that era.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe Advance Wars is back.

guess it was bound to happen since I bought the original games on Wii U last month lol.

and I bought the castlevania ones too.

....and I bought Pokémon mystery dungeon explorers of Sky. (Take the hint Pokémon company)

billmo

May 19, 2020
Toronto, Canada
And there's Samus Returns finished (again!). I really dig that game. I think most of its pitfalls are inherent to the original Metroid II. Samus' movement feels so fucking good in this game.

Going to take a breather from Metroid for a minute before my replay of Super. Any good suggestions for a fun game to play in between? I just got some 3DS games and am considering either the 3DS re(de?)make of Luigi's Mansion or Fire Emblem Echoes. Also considering some Golden Sun virtual console action. Luigi's Mansion seems like it'd be the quickest.
I'm playing through Samus Returns again too. I love it. I understand some of the complaints about it, but I honestly believe Mercury Steam did a fantastic job with the source material. I'm extremely excited for Dread.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
I wonder what this Sales Manager at Crytek meant:

Was the "cool news" in the coming weeks the Kingdom Come Deliverance announcement?

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017

Fire Emblem Echoes is great.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo should stop messing around with this Switch Pro thing and just release the NX already

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Let me speak from my heart: I love the Nintendo Switch. In my almost 30 years of life, the entirety of which has involved video games, never has there been a console I've played and loved half as much as I do the Switch. I don't want to speak on behalf of anyone in this thread so let me just say I am willing to bet there are many in this thread who might feel similarly to myself. I do know for a fact there are those who do not, and to those people I recommend a Swiffer™ duster.

The idea of a more premium version of this device that brings me joy every day is one that is hard to avoid. Pardon us for dreaming of a better Switch.
How many times can we go through the same points over and over again with regards to it though, like the topic seems exhausted, and it was based solely on wishful thinking for a couple years, until Bloomberg did their thing and now another year and a half has passed and we're still waiting lol

and that's saying something considering this thread normally does go in circles about things, that it's espeically noticeable with the pro

can't blame people for being tired of it, ive been for a while. Especially since infecting discussion of new games having to wade through "is this on pro? Looks to good" posts on those lines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.