• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Brian Matt, the voice of the announcer in Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2, recently made a post on his Instagram about "something" related to the franchise happening with his involvement:

This is pretty notable as he hasn't been involved with the series since those original games, and in fact was totally uncredited in-game and didn't even know of the series' popularity until a recent Youtube video did a deep dive to discover the announcer's identity. Could he be doing some recordings for a remaster of the first two games, or even a new entry? It seems we'll have to stay tuned!

OP
OP
Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
no but i can't imagine putting our banana blitz after a long hiatus didn't hurt the brand

We've seen so many examples of publishers going "You want X game? Well, buy this other game first as a test and maaaaybe then we'll do the one you want!" that I wouldn't put it past them.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully full remakes. The original games are super outdated visually and just a HD coating won't cut it for me.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Just give me a 1&2 port. That's all. I don't even want a new game, I'm not confident they'll be able to do it right. Just give me the ports

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
226target.gif

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
A remaster of 1+2 would be absolutely incredible. Those games are one of the very few reasons I still have a Wii hooked up to my TV.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Perfect world: GameCube emulator for Switch o line and this launching with it (not happening).

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Monkey Ball 1 & 2 remasters absolutely have to get the physics just right. A port that will get the hardcore players and speedrunner's backing.

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
Wow. If this gets announced, I'm buying it day 1. One of my favorite GameCube games.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully mobile game for phones. Super Monkey Ball on dedicated gaming platforms doesn't make sense in 2020