• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nintendo will...

• Not change the name

Votes: 1,841 93.6%
  • They will change the name

Votes: 55 2.8%
  • I hope they cut it out entirely

Votes: 71 3.6%

• Total voters

Woylie

May 9, 2018
IMG-6077.jpg

Sora on his way to a maskless party at the castle

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
I love how the level teaches nothing on how to beat Bowser on top. It's truly a waste of time.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
It's not "Coronavirus Mountain", jfc.

Corona does have another, actual meaning.

Though can also see NCL wimping out and changing it to Crown Mountain cause they have the brains and conservative tendency to take a tiny hit by doing this to avoid a bigger controversy.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I could see someone making topics in this forum when the game release pointing to Nintendo being insensitive.

Caladbolg

Jun 19, 2019
I think they will leave it alone. Maybe if this had happened 20 or more years ago. NoA use to be particularly strict when localizing games. They wouldn't just censor violence/sexual stuff, but other stuff they felt was offensive.

Let's not kid ourselves either, a chance there will be some moron that will try to make controversy out of it on Twitter then other morons will follow suit.

Mar 10, 2018
I'm high and this thread title made me laugh out loud, thank you
I live in Corona; maybe we should change the name of our city too

May 26, 2018
Corona meant something before the virus, and it still means something else now. Yeah, they will be a bit of a stigma over it, but there's no purpose in removing mentions of it. It's not like people changed the name of Spain after the Spanish Flu.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Man, this forum. If it's not every "open world game is stealing ideas from BOTW", then it's topic like these.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Very very very bad drunk thread

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Yeah sure let's ban a Spanish word because American people can't handle it being used

PS: No.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it would be a good idea to change it from Corona to Covid-19 tbh, seems more like salt wounding even if it's the more accurate name now.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno why they should change it. ^^

It's the italian and spanish word for crown ... Covid-19 or not.

Varjet

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of when people wanted the second part of Lord of the Rings to be renamed because of 9/11.

Syagrius

Apr 23, 2019
I really don't get why people are hating on the boat section. I mean, it's boring AF, but I succeeded after the first try.

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Corona just means crown basically, COVID has this name because it has this weird spike crown.

It would be a little extreme to go that way tbh....I'd even say it's silly and dumb.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny to me how people who've heard this term for the first time this year come out with these takes.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
presumably OP is from the States and it was even still Sunday when it was posted.

What, you mean all the people named Katrina didn't run out and change their name after the disastrous hurricane because how could we even continue existing :)

I really enjoyed all the Daenerys baby names pre season 8 of GoT.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
They didn't even change the framerate despite the game running on infinitely more powerful hardware. They aren't doing a damn thing.

Sloth

Nov 27, 2017
The logical thing would be to change the name of the virus. Nintendo would have to delay the release otherwise.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Yes

They should also rename the game as Super Mario Sunscreen in order to not encourage behavior that could lead to skin cancer.