• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

predict the metascore

Votes: 13 1.8%
  • 95 - 99

Votes: 37 5.2%
  • 90 - 94

Votes: 286 40.5%
  • 85 - 89

Votes: 286 40.5%
  • 80 - 84

Votes: 70 9.9%
  • 75-79

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • under 75

Votes: 8 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
The only thing I'll miss are costumes. I still don't get why they removed them :/
Wait they're gone?How will I put Sonic in this now?
Lol what?! You mean no costumes via amiibo for example?

That would be seriously stupid. In MM1 I even made a level around Wii Fit Trainer, called "Stay Fit with Wii Fit Trainer", where you had to jump around as the Trainer in a fast paced level made of treadmills.

Without Wii Fit Trainer that would be half as charming.

MattEnth

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA
D9_ZLg3U0AIqV53.jpg

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Underdog? You seem to forget even the original was nominated back in 2015. If the Wii U game can get nominated, this certainly has a fighting chance.
I know it was nominated but I just had a weird feeling about this one for some reason. Like it'll be a disappointment or something. Maybe it's because I've been disappointed with a lot of games this year? Nonetheless I'm happy it did well. I'll be picking up my pre order on Friday

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Current meta of 91, that's one of the years best right?

No matter the score, I cant wait to dig in on other peoples creations :>

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
My fiancee basically missed out on Mario Maker 1 and started building SMM2 levels a few weeks ago

She made the most troll level possible with giant enemies w/ wings everywhere and went "do other people make levels like this?" Why yes they do.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Besides the lack of Amiibo I don't see anything less "charming" about this game compared to the original?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see the likes of Panga, Feeny, Poo, Barb and so many more go to action with this game. Fun streams ahead for sure.

Of course I will play as well, gimme gimme

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Can't wait to see the likes of Panga, Feeny, Poo, Barb and so many more go to action with this game. Fun streams ahead for sure.

Of course I will play as well, gimme gimme

This reminds me that Celeste's Matt Thorson had some evil shit in the original ... can't wait to see what he does with this one =D

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
8/10 from Metro Gamecentral.

In Short: Not just one of the most versatile 2D game creation tools on consoles but the best collection of new Super Mario courses since the 90s.
Pros: A highly flexible, and mostly easy to use, course creator that allows enormous variety in stage and gameplay design. Excellent Nintendo-made levels, useful tutorials, and charming presentation.
Cons: The interface can be rather obscure, especially in handheld mode, and the introduction of Super Mario 3D World stages is underwhelming.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good to see reviews are doing well, though I'm a little surprised at how little criticism there is about discoverability. Perhaps it's because of the lack of levels available before launch, but I expected some reviewers to rail Nintendo for not having the Mario Maker Bookmark site ready to launch alongside the game
Besides the lack of Amiibo I don't see anything less "charming" about this game compared to the original?
No weird Mario
No Mario paint, title screen, or death sound easter eggs
Mary-O is missing (maybe this is nothing, but Nina sounds like a downgrade to me and it's weird they would get rid of an established character)
The monsters got rid of the dance party sound effect

It's all minor stuff but it adds up

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
sorry to everyone who's posting their reviews that i'm not adding them to the OP, i'm on my phone so it's kinda difficult. i'll add all of them when i get home.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

That would be seriously stupid. In MM1 I even made a level around Wii Fit Trainer, called "Stay Fit with Wii Fit Trainer", where you had to jump around as the Trainer in a fast paced level made of treadmills.

We've known that for a while... No amiibo costumes.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Raises a good question on how the future will be for levels which don't get played.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England

Yep, they're gone.

And it does suck. One of my more popular levels was a Pikmin level, where everything was overgrown, so many plants everywhere, giant piranhas, and a hidden Olimar to find too. As you say, without the costumes, the charm is gone.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Oh baby, reviews are great. I caved and ordered this so I can make some levels with my 5 YO