• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Mate your case for physical is wafer thin. 3D World style throwable crate fragile thin.
lol, bud, I just like physical. There are more reasons for me to get it physical than to get it digital. Digital: convenience. Physical: price, sellable, lending it out, looks good on shelf.

My case is solid as can be.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
So what controllers are you guys using for this? I'll get the game tomorrow, but honestly I don't think I'll feel comfortable using the Joycons and I don't think they sell that USB adapter for PS4 controllers here, would have to look for it or maybe ask my cousin to bring one from the US if she comes visit next week.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
So what controllers are you guys using for this? I'll get the game tomorrow, but honestly I don't think I'll feel comfortable using the Joycons and I don't think they sell that USB adapter for PS4 controllers here, would have to look for it or maybe ask my cousin to bring one from the US if she comes visit next week.

The touch screen and my fingers
I tried using both joycons and the pro controller, but I guess I'm too used to the touch controls from MM1.

Edit: Do we have a discord for the game, or is it the same as the old MM discord?

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying to debate whether to go to Walmart at midnight to grab my copy, lol. But realistically, that's silly...right?
Not silly. I cancelled my amazon order last minute because it was readjusted to deliver by 11 pm. And Walmart will save me about $3 over amazon, so it's definitely worth it.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
For actually playing the levels? I won't create shit, I only care about playing levels.
I will be using the hori d pad joycon for portable play. I have a gbros wireless adapter so might try using the SNES classic controller. Don't know what buttons the 3D world stages use though. Also have the 8bitdo n30 pro or whatever it's called which has worked great for 2D controllers. Not sure the availability outside the US though.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
For actually playing the levels? I won't create shit, I only care about playing levels.

Oh, for playing? I actually didnt like the Pro controller for this game that much (d pad problems aside). Joycons are enough for me as 2d mario doenst have complex inputs (except on Kaizo levels I guess) so even if they are a bit uncomfortable I can deal with it.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee

I'll use my pro controller but I bought this capacitive stylus to use:

https://www.amazon.com/Digiroot-Universal-UPDATED-Replacement-Included/dp/B071JY98QL

I looked into TONS of them and this one, using the mesh tips, seems to be the best option for Switch for precision and not hurting the screen.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I'll use my pro controller but I bought this capacitive stylus to use:

https://www.amazon.com/Digiroot-Universal-UPDATED-Replacement-Included/dp/B071JY98QL

I looked into TONS of them and this one, using the mesh tips, seems to be the best option for Switch for precision and not hurting the screen.
Ah, that looks good for creating levels comfortably while on handheld mode.
I will be using the hori d pad joycon for portable play. I have a gbros wireless adapter so might try using the SNES classic controller. Don't know what buttons the 3D world stages use though. Also have the 8bitdo n30 pro or whatever it's called which has worked great for 2D controllers. Not sure the availability outside the US though.
Yeah I saw that d-pad, problem is it only works on handheld mode and I hardly play my Switch as a portable, so you can tell how quickly my excitement dissipated as soon as I found that out. Guess I'm gonna have to see if there's an adapter here that I can find for a good price. Sucks that the Switch doesn't come with a proper D-pad out of the box, big oversight.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
What type of post-launch support has Mario Maker 1 received and what do you think we can expect from MM2? Besides the Friend's coop patch.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
30 minutes

SkinnyWellgroomedFlamingo-small.gif

Wozzer

QA Architect at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Great OT. Looking forward to hoping straight into Story Mode when the game unlocks. Hoping the west coast benefits from east code unlock timings.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I plan to mostly be a player, but I do have a level idea I'd like to make. I hope some of you will be willing to test it once I'm ready to let me know how it plays and offer constructive criticism. Might actually enter it in the contest since I think it's possible for it to be eligible

Oct 27, 2017
A lot. At launch, SMM didn't have red coins, checkpoint flags, key doors, Super Expert mode and a lot of other features I'm forgetting right now.
I believe the fire koopa clown car was an update. Seem to remember the idea behind it was seeing people doing shump levels with the regular clown car and a fire flower power up. Fire clown car was to make it easier.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
If you have a friend, how easy is it to send a level to them and confirm if they've beat it?

I think it would be fun to go back and forth with a buddy and see how long it takes them to beat a level I make and vise versa. Does it show you how many attempts it took?